CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Uh, what. It's literally Halo 5's art style double downed with the Forerunner stuff you're around for a majority of the game, the UNSC stuff is nothing traditional barring CG cutscenes, and the Covenant stuff is a dramatic detour from what we're used to with either trilogy. Good art style? Sure. Faithful? Definitely not. Not that that's an issue to me, but I dunno why we're saying this is impressive but newer 343i games suck for it, lol.

I honestly didn't play it I'm mainly talking about some of the banished stuff and the fact that creative assembly didn't randomly change signature models like the ark. 

Ya know like 343 randomly changing the forward unto dawn, or chiefs armor, or every weapon ever in h4

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Listen, the bionicles that came out when I was a kid were cool. Like mask of light era bonkles. It's just not my idea of halo. It is my idea of bionicles though.

Coincidental as fuck that I was just browsing Bricklink to find some old MoL Bionicles last night LMAO. Bohrok and Rahkshi.

They were the utter shit.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, znot said:

I honestly didn't play it I'm mainly talking about some of the banished stuff and the fact that creative assembly didn't randomly change signature models like the ark

The Ark is literally entirely different in every way but silhouette, lol.

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Coincidental as fuck that I was just browsing Bricklink to find some old MoL Bionicles last night LMAO. Bohrok and Rahkshi.

They were the utter shit.

I don't know man I liked the simplicity. I also always wanted the red toa guy but my mom wouldn't buy it. I was stuck with the green and red rahkshi dudes. Maybe my love for them was based on them always being out of reach lol.

14 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The Ark is literally entirely different in every way but silhouette, lol.

as long as the silhouette is intact, that's fine with me, they're doing better than 343 already.

1 minute ago, znot said:

as long as the silhouette is intact, that's fine with me, they're doing better than 343 already.

Okay. But you never see the silhouette in gameplay. And you literally play on the Ark for the entirety of the game.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I don't know man I liked the simplicity. I also always wanted the red toa guy but my mom wouldn't buy it. I was stuck with the green and red rahkshi dudes. Maybe my love for them was based on them always being out of reach lol.

Tahu, Lerahk, and Turahk. Remembering dumbass shit like Bionicle names makes me want to off myself faster, lmao. And nah, the Rahkshi were the shit. I had black, brown, and green, originally. Wanted red, blue and white. But never got them.

Anyone here ever play the browser bionicle game? That thing was the shit.

4 minutes ago, Sody91 said:

Anyone here ever play the browser bionicle game? That thing was the shit.

I had a small cd "game" that was for mask of light. I think it might have come with a pair Bionicle shoes or something. It was just promo material.

• Like (+1) 2

Finally something we can all agree on, early Bionicle was so fucking sick. I really wish I didn't give my collection away. I still have the Mask Of Light movie on DVD though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Basu said:

Finally something we can all agree on, early Bionicle was so fucking sick. I really wish I didn't give my collection away. I still have the Mask Of Light movie on DVD though.

I've got it on VHS :^)

9 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

I've got it on VHS :^)

True 90s kid.

I’ve got og Tahu Lewa Pohatu Onua and Gali with gold mask still

The Bohrok were my favorite line of Bionicle figures.

Spoiler

1200px-H4-Knight.png&f=1&nofb=1

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Why do noobs always complain about precision weapons?

This is especially true for BTB, like r/halo spent literal years complaining about BR starts in H5 BTB, and now in unison they're complaining about DMR starts in Reach BTB. It's like they can't tolerate the idea that waddling in the middle of the open is going to get you killed in Reach, just so stupid.

Reach BTB would basically be unplayable with their preferred AR/Magnum starts, so I truly find it mind-boggling that they want it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TI Inspire said:

Why do noobs always complain about precision weapons?

This is especially true for BTB, like r/halo spent literal years complaining about BR starts in H5 BTB, and now in unison they're complaining about DMR starts in Reach BTB. It's like they can't tolerate the idea that waddling in the middle of the open is going to get you killed in Reach, just so stupid.

Reach BTB would basically be unplayable with their preferred AR/Magnum starts, so I truly find it mind-boggling that they want it.

Basically if vehicles like warthogs aren’t as secured, or they don’t get into close range fights as much, they’re “op” and to be fair the pistol isn’t a shit weapon in h5 and the other team having BRS or DMRS in h5 isn’t a huge disadvantage like it’d be in previous games and I’m talking about pre TU h5.

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Uh. You misspelled MOVE ALONG MOVE ALONG 2006.

Had good titan sets, everything else was meh. 07 had TWO late 2000's HITS.

Just now, HeX Reapers said:

Had good titan sets, everything else was meh.

Only thing that was meh was the start of the stupid Inika build trend. Fenrakk was god-tier. Same for the Brutaxonn duo. But the main 12 felt nice and even the Matoran builds rocked and were unique.

Also built Kardas a few months back. Pure sexiness.

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Only thing that was meh was the start of the stupid Inika build trend. Fenrakk was god-tier. Same for the Brutaxonn duo. But the main 12 felt nice and even the Matoran builds rocked and were unique.

Also built Kardas a few months back. Pure sexiness.

07's canisters were more unique tho. Personally prefer 07 Matoran too. 06 titans were pretty fucking cool I'll have to admit.

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

07's canisters were more unique tho. Personally prefer 07 Matoran too. 06 titans were pretty fucking cool I'll have to admit.

I was gonna roast the piss out of this take because Mahri canisters were half cardboard, and then also remembered the Barraki existed. Fuck I loved those canisters, lmao.

8 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I was gonna roast the piss out of this take because Mahri canisters were half cardboard, and then also remembered the Barraki existed. Fuck I loved those canisters, lmao.

Was referring to the sets IN the canisters not the canisters themselves lol

Just now, HeX Reapers said:

Was referring to the sets IN the canisters not the canisters themselves lol

You Earth-people and weird terminology.