CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I think you're forgetting everyone's favorite gametype, HeH CTF.

cracked halo custom edition: HeH CTF 8v8 Snipers w/ Infinite ammo is the only correct way to play. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Squatting Bear said:

Still cant believe I have to hold down a button to talk in matchmaking.  At least let me remap it to my controller.

you can...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still cant believe I have to hold down a button to talk in matchmaking.  At least let me remap it to my controller.

Seems a bit weird to get out a console controller just to use voice chat. I assume you plan to use it with your third arm.

If you use JoyToKey, you can map it on your controller while also selecting an option to keep the mic open (loop the input.)

Alright lads it's official. If you delete penance from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection\haloreach\maps"  You will simply get removed from the game, get "connection interrupted" and you can continue to play with no ban...

Before I thought you would be banned, nope.

I did it again for science and it works...

If you want to delete it the map is "cex_damnation"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Still not as bad as putting a butter knife in the OG Xbox's disc tray to stop the disc from spinning so you only get the DLC maps. Modders did that all the time because you could only mod the DLC maps and they were on the HDD, not disc.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Basu said:

grafik.png

well it just shows that unless 343 adds veto,  people will implement their own veto system like I just did. It's 100% guaranteed no ban every time.

or they'll just ban us for missing map files...

I only wonder if the same can be done for forge world maps. If I delete nexus? will it just auto download it in the lobby or kick me like penance?

9 hours ago, Arlong said:

Sure I’d like to agree but trust me the average player doesn’t see it that way.

Teehee, and that's its own problem. ;3

25 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Still not as bad as putting a butter knife in the OG Xbox's disc tray to stop the disc from spinning so you only get the DLC maps. Modders did that all the time because you could only mod the DLC maps and they were on the HDD, not disc.

I had a buddy who’s Xbox would make a loud lawnmower-esque noise every time a DLC map would try to load, and he’d back us out. I miss that guy.

@znot, Nexus no bueno?

• Upvote (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I had a buddy who’s Xbox would make a loud lawnmower-esque noise every time a DLC map would try to load, and he’d back us out. I miss that guy.

@znot, Nexus no bueno?

I wanna try it and see. 

edit: okay so no removing all traces of nexus from my hopper_map_variants did nothing. I don't think they're found anywhere else. Otherwise I'd have to delete the whole forgeworld map and that's a no-go chief.

Hardy has talked multiple times about how Rat Race was literally just him learning to make corridors in Maya, lmao.  He tweeted this a few months ago about Chill Out! 

3 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

Hardy has talked multiple times about how Rat Race was literally just him learning to make corridors in Maya, lmao.  He tweeted this a few months ago about Chill Out! 

Yeah I remember hearing an interview with him or someone else where they said that one map was made purely out of the fact that this guy found out how to properly use the extrusion tool

Unrelated to current discussion, but holy shit the Halo subreddit is hot garbage. Tried to politely bring up how having AR starts in social was bad since a fair portion of the good players had migrated over from the dead ranked playlists and matches tended to get lopsided, downvoted without any response. 

These people are honestly the worst. They'll whine endlessly about "Classic Halo" and wanting to return to a golden era but 99% of them have no clue how to actually get there. They know nothing other than that stupid platitude. The moment you try to say anything constructive or helpful that isn't pertinent to the current circlejerk, it gets buried under a bunch of Infection clips or downvoted to oblivion. 

New to this forum, so don't kill me

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

Unrelated to current discussion, but holy shit the Halo subreddit is hot garbage. Tried to politely bring up how having AR starts in social was bad since a fair portion of the good players had migrated over from the dead ranked playlists and matches tended to get lopsided, downvoted without any response. 

These people are honestly the worst. They'll whine endlessly about "Classic Halo" and wanting to return to a golden era but 99% of them have no clue how to actually get there. They know nothing other than that stupid platitude. The moment you try to say anything constructive or helpful that isn't pertinent to the current circlejerk, it gets buried under a bunch of Infection clips or downvoted to oblivion. 

New to this forum, so don't kill me

Not worth posting anything there. People don't put thought into anything beyond the campaign or #lore. Just gotta enjoy the absurdity of r/Halo for what it is.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, _Synapse said:

They'll whine endlessly about "Classic Halo" and wanting to return to a golden era but 99% of them have no clue how to actually get there. 

How would you get there?

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

UI of Reach. Gunplay of CE. Art of 3. Movement of 2.

Hard to argue with that.

What about sound design and map design? Ranking system?

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

UI of MCC. Gunplay of 5. Art of H2A/H4. Movement of 5.

EZ.

1y9ow7.jpg?a438144

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

H5 "advanced movement" is garbage and was somehow worse than when CoD did it. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, xSociety said:

Hard to argue with that.

What about sound design and map design? Ranking system?

Sound design reach, map design, halo 3&2, ranking division ranking(not a fan of 1-50 because it doesn’t reset, and division ranking at least lets me know where people belong.

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

UI of MCC. Gunplay of 5. Art of H2A/H4. Movement of 5.

EZ.

Gunplay of 5? I hope you just mean the magnum, movement of 5? Hmm ok the movement wasn’t bad.

• Downvote (-1) 1