CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, WARGOD said:

Not in halo CE.  In the other halos yes.  CE was designed for 2v2, the others were designed for 4v4 even if the creators didn't intend on this.

H1 wasn't designed around anything specific. 

3 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

AR Gang: DMR starts should be removed since the gun wrecks vehicles.

Also AR Gang: Elite Slayer needs rebalancing since you can't combat vehicles with Covenant weapons.

Smh. Tbh I think the needle rifle should replace The DMR. It’s a 2X scope, it doesn’t have bloom(well it’s bloom is basically zero you don’t need to pace really) and it does no damage to vehicles whom btb people want to not happen. They want vehicles to be strong.

1 hour ago, WARGOD said:

Not in halo CE.  In the other halos yes.  CE was designed for 2v2, the others were designed for 4v4 even if the creators didn't intend on this.

Dude h1 sucks for fours and it sucks flr btb. It plays the best in doubles. 

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

I mean yes that is my condition and it’s why I’m sure most prefer symmetrical maps in halo. But go ahead believing you’re always right. You’re only right here mate, remember that. There’s a reason you are here and not somewhere else.

You are speaking about existing map examples, might as well name them instead of postulating certain things to be true for all maps that are (a)symmetrical.
Control and routes depend much more on the geometry of the map itself than this one symmetry condition,

Don't take these discussions so personal btw, I have never said I am always right, I am just not a fan of over generalizing things esp. maps since I have been into level design for over 5 years now.

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Slayer on syms is boring as fuck unless you make the maps small enough to force action (Warlock and Middy come to mind).

Wizard

Seems like a lot of Sym maps in MCC Reach have awkward dynamic spawns that put players all over the place on Slayer variants also, which makes such maps terribly annoying to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude h1 ... and it sucks flr btb.

Wat, no.

CE has never sucked for BTB ever, especially when they added the PC maps. There's maybe one BTB size map that's probably too large and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but the rest of them have a lot of depth that complement how CE plays.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Knighty Knight said:

H1 wasn't designed around anything specific. 

We can at least agree that CE's "arena" gameplay, on purpose or not, works best in 2's. 3's might be pushing it, but 4's is generally just too many for many maps.

• Like (+1) 1

As a result of a 343 fuckup the CE playlist was 3v3 for a bit, that was actually pretty fun.

The 'problem' with CE BTB is that all the vehicle maps were designed pretty much exclusively for CTF. They don't work for slayer or anything else.

Vehicles are underpowered as hell in ce because you can shoot the gunner out of them so easily, BTB maps are also too large, so all it becomes is a sniper fest. Tbh the game that had Some of the best btb maps unfortunately was halo 4. I don’t enjoy a single BTB map, but I do enjoy playing btb on regular maps, that shits crazy.

• Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, WARGOD said:

Dammy

Chillout

Priz

HH

These are the 4 best maps.  They are creations from Hardy Lebel that the current staff at 343 wish they had the skills to develop, even if the balance wasn't intentional when Hardy designed them.  That man had more creativity than the current staff at 343 and Bungie combined.  It's too bad we can't enjoy them properly since 343  doesn't know their asshole from a hole in the ground and refuses to fix the game making it on the xbox engine and not PC.    The other  problem is that you have to play 10 games of garbage by dumping on bad players before you get a decent game in 4v4.  2v2 is the obvious better game type but, it takes forever to find a game.  Just make 4v4 CE a ranked playlist already.

lebel didnt make any of those maps. he made boarding action, derelict, side winder, and some others. Maybe Creek? idk. The other designer did the rest except chillout which was made by some dude who wasnt very involved in the MP, but he made the best map of all time (well 2nd as voted on team beyond).

For the rest of yall, CE plays fine in 4s. The only thing holding CE back is that the spawn locations for 4s aren't the best on most maps. But creek ctf, oddball chilly, hang em slayer, damnation koth, rat race slayer/koth, derelict koth are all great. wizard oddball/koth is decent. Slayer on pris/creek/chilly/dere is fine too, still above pit tier and apparently that's acceptable. Now dere ctf, damnation slayer, wizard ctf. they baddddddddddddd. 

17 minutes ago, Riddler said:

lebel didnt make any of those maps. he made boarding action, derelict, side winder, and some others. Maybe Creek? idk. The other designer did the rest except chillout which was made by some dude who wasnt very involved in the MP, but he made the best map of all time (well 2nd as voted on team beyond).

For the rest of yall, CE plays fine in 4s. The only thing holding CE back is that the spawn locations for 4s aren't the best on most maps. But creek ctf, oddball chilly, hang em slayer, damnation koth, rat race slayer/koth, derelict koth are all great. wizard oddball/koth is decent. Slayer on pris/creek/chilly/dere is fine too, still above pit tier and apparently that's acceptable. Now dere ctf, damnation slayer, wizard ctf. they baddddddddddddd. 

This is news to me.   I was told Lebel had a hand in all the maps.  Bottom line is that lebel and the other designer have more talent on their worst day than all of 343 combined on their best day.  Dammy 4v4 TS is fine.  You just have the noob stand on the random in shit spawn lol.....

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Vehicles are underpowered as hell in ce because you can shoot the gunner out of them so easily

Quite possibly the ideal scenario in a game series where all the vehicles are braindead to occupy and use. The least you can do is make the person super vulnerable.

It's easier to kill someone with a tank than it is to four shot them, therefore brain dead. 

1 minute ago, OG Nick said:

It's easier to kill someone with a tank than it is to four shot them, therefore brain dead. 

You could cripple me from the neck down and I could get kills with it using only my face. It's unironically a vegetable machine.

4v4 CE has always been underrated because 2v2 CE is Halo at its finest. But 4v4 is still a blast if you can put some good teams together.

• Like (+1) 2

Just saw the phrase "They keep trying to reinvent the wheel rather than improve the ride".

Hello Halo franchise.

• Fire (+1) 3

Dave Dunn made Damnation, he was a campaign guy.

Hardy and some other guy who didn't see the whole project through collabed on Chill Out.

Chris Carney made Prisoner but Hardy went in and scaled the map up vertically since the original was apparently a chore to play.

Hang Em was Carney I believe.

Hardy was multi design lead so it stands to reason that he'd have some input on all the maps that made it in.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Dave Dunn made Damnation, he was a campaign guy.

Hardy and some other guy who didn't see the whole project through collabed on Chill Out.

Chris Carney made Prisoner but Hardy went in and scaled the map up vertically since the original was apparently a chore to play.

Hang Em was Carney I believe.

Hardy was multi design lead so it stands to reason that he'd have some input on all the maps that made it in.

I've read a few times that Hardy was the creator or Rat Race as well. Couldn't find any solid information on it though.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I've read a few times that Hardy was the creator or Rat Race as well. Couldn't find any solid information on it though.

Yup, he made that while he was learning Maya.

• Like (+1) 1

TIL Chris Carney is responsible for my favorite Halo maps of all time and has been designing the Riot FPS.. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Just saw the phrase "They keep trying to reinvent the wheel rather than improve the ride".

Hello Halo franchise.

Apt description indeed.

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Quite possibly the ideal scenario in a game series where all the vehicles are braindead to occupy and use. The least you can do is make the person super vulnerable.

Sure I’d like to agree but trust me the average player doesn’t see it that way.

14 hours ago, Riddler said:

Now dere ctf, damnation slayer, wizard ctf. they baddddddddddddd. 

I think you're forgetting everyone's favorite gametype, HeH CTF.

• Upvote (+1) 1