CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

36 minutes ago, Sitri said:

On the topic of score limits in social, make 3-plot not go to 500.

What do you suggest?

Wow, it's been years since I played Halo Reach, but playing it on MCC makes me realize just how much better it is than Halo 3.

Halo 3, with its god awful BR, crappy hit reg and HORRIFICALLY BAD long-range battles makes me wonder how it was ever played at a professional level.

I can actually four shot people long range with the DMR.

• Like (+1) 1

So far outside of AA complaints dmr starts in social are the biggest complaint, and tbh 343 needs to address this fast. It’s clear that dmr starts are a problem and Ar/pistol starts will solve some things. 
they need to do another TU because the weapon balance is awful. They always could make the weapons projectile but that’s not happening.

• Downvote (-1) 6
  • WutFace (+0) 2

37 minutes ago, Mckeever said:

I can actually four shot people long range with the DMR.

4 shots? You sure? 

29 minutes ago, Arlong said:

So far outside of AA complaints dmr starts in social are the biggest complaint, and tbh 343 needs to address this fast. It’s clear that dmr starts are a problem and Ar/pistol starts will solve some things. 
they need to do another TU because the weapon balance is awful. They always could make the weapons projectile but that’s not happening.

Another TU is dearly needed but almost certainly not going to happen. Think of the "Reach experience" they're trying so hard to preserve. What a shame, because this game could be a blast for both competitive and casuals with very few tweaks. With the current sandbox, DMR starts are needed, otherwise we might as well make Team Fiesta the standard gametype, because the Magnum is a joke of a starting weapon.

All I want is for the Anniversary settings to come back. The only Reach I've ever actually enjoyed outside of GP and modded customs.

34 minutes ago, JordanB said:

4 shots? You sure? 

Is it five shots in Reach, I can't even remember. 

All I know is you can cross map fools in Reach.

1 minute ago, Mckeever said:

Is it five shots in Reach, I can't even remember. 

All I know is you can cross map fools in Reach.

Don't feel bad I thought it was 4 in reach as well but only in comp settings. Turns out it's just bleed through playing a role.

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Yeah no. Ar/pistols solve nothing and create a million more problems like snowballing, bigger power discrepancy off spawn, more rng in fights, vehicles are unstoppable, less engagement/minute, longer ttk, aas become stronger. What it solves: reddit kids believe they are having more fun. 

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, Basu said:

Another TU is dearly needed but almost certainly not going to happen. Think of the "Reach experience" they're trying so hard to preserve. What a shame, because this game could be a blast for both competitive and casuals with very few tweaks. With the current sandbox, DMR starts are needed, otherwise we might as well make Team Fiesta the standard gametype, because the Magnum is a joke of a starting weapon.

All I want is for the Anniversary settings to come back. The only Reach I've ever actually enjoyed outside of GP and modded customs.

But the dmr is over powered, it’s too accurate at range, it causes every other weapon to be useless. I’m relaying the comments I constantly read, and news flash this obviously isn’t a silent majority issue. We got every media platform, that includes YouTube discussing these things.

Gold pro honestly would make things better but 343 probably wouldn’t want to add modded shit to mm. 

maybe btb anniversary be cool, idk.

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Yeah no. Ar/pistols solve nothing and create a million more problems like snowballing, bigger power discrepancy off spawn, more rng in fights, vehicles are unstoppable, less engagement/minute, longer ttk, aas become stronger. What it solves: reddit kids believe they are having more fun. 

Tbh reach never saw ar/pistol starts in the TU, and for the most part the games a bit more chaotic from my ffa experience which is fun in a way. The dmr starts are unbalanced because of the long range accuracy but 343 won’t nerf the range because of the “reach experience” 

• Downvote (-1) 1

So, the DMR is overpowered at range, therefore the solution is either to get rid of DMR starts in social in favor of gimping players with AR/Pistol starts so it's harder to aim at long range off spawn (have fun getting fucked by the people who picked up the DMR's and snipes), or make the game Gold Pro settings across the board where the lethality of the DMR is drastically increased from default... That makes absolutely no sense. Now, I'd much rather have Gold Pro settings across the board than what we have now, but how the fuck is that going to fix the issue with the DMR having too much range. It would literally do the exact opposite of what you want. LMFAO. Unless you're just saying you'd like Gold Pro as its own playlist or something.

How about, instead of AR/Pistol pee pee poo poo starts, just reduce the zoom and aim assist/bullet mag on the DMR. Doesn't that sound, if not more likely to occur, at least like a much more sensible solution?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

The fact of the matter is that the balance of Reach was effectively broken from the start regardless of whether or not the DMR was the starting weapon. Most of the weapons in the sandbox that aren't on the level of or above the Conc Rifle are glorified bash weapons that can barely stand up to anything outside of their category. Meanwhile, aside from my and others' prowess with the Magnum with Bloom settings, the Magnum's spread, small magazine, and small reserve size make it a poor substitute for the utility weapon especially since a large part of its use relies on luck rather than gunskill given its absurd amount of spread even at a reset reticule. The Needle Rifle isn't so bad in the same regard, however its ease of use against unshielded targets make it a weapon that shouldn't reward body shots over headshots and its ineffectiveness against vehicles make it a poor choice as a BTB weapon start since not even teamshooting can really affect airborne targets or targets at any distance.

Bloom is also a poor mechanism for controlling accuracy since it also injects unnecessary and frustrating random chance in the neutral game that shouldn't exist in a competitive shooter. And I'm not going to argue why a utility weapon is necessary in the first place since its been explained ad nauseam by people like myself and several others in the past.

The reality is that unless Reach is overhauled to bring the other weapons of the sandbox at the same level as a bloomless DMR and other mechanics were considered for managing its use at range that don't affect its neutral game use, the best option is to balance what can be balanced around it with the understanding that even at 100% bloom the sandbox was poorly balanced and still required buffs to several of the other contenders. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

So, the DMR is overpowered at range, therefore the solution is either to get rid of DMR starts in social in favor of gimping players with AR/Pistol starts so it's harder to aim at long range off spawn (have fun getting fucked by the people who picked up the DMR's and snipes), or make the game Gold Pro settings across the board where the lethality of the DMR is drastically increased from default... That makes absolutely no sense. Now, I'd much rather have Gold Pro settings across the board than what we have now, but how the fuck is that going to fix the issue with the DMR having too much range. It would literally do the exact opposite of what you want. LMFAO. Unless you're just saying you'd like Gold Pro as its own playlist or something.

How about, instead of AR/Pistol pee pee poo poo starts, just reduce the zoom and aim assist/bullet mag on the DMR. Doesn't that sound, if not more likely to occur, at least like a much more sensible solution?

MORON, it’s not me, i literally added im relaying what is said across every platform from waypoint all the way to Twitter. I simply added what I would want regarding gold pro but the modded version with the 3 shot pistol that’s projectile than hitscan so now let’s talk.

1. Since no ones spawning with a DMR the dmr wouldn’t be too effective since there’s a limited amount and therefore less using one at any point in time.

2. The pistol in TU at the very least can contest a dmr user. It’s not as good as it’s h4&5 pistol but it’s not weak.

3. I literally suggested a range nerf, read the text.

4. You obviously haven’t played the gold pro modded settings, that basu keeps posting a video about. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Nah man just go to the next level and remove the DMR and NR and sniper and rockets and pistol and, like, everything. That way we can just run at each other burst firing our ARs like real men before we inevitably trade melees. Balanced as fuck. Also a game nobody would ever play. That's the real conclusion of the "balancing" some of these people want lol

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, Three Six Xero said:

The fact of the matter is that the balance of Reach was effectively broken from the start regardless of whether or not the DMR was the starting weapon. Most of the weapon in the sandbox that aren't on the level of or above the Conc Rifle are glorified bash weapons that can barely stand up to anything outside of their category. Meanwhile, aside from my and others' prowess with the Magnum with Bloom settings, the Magnum's spread, small magazine, and small reserve size make it a poor substitute for the utility weapon especially since a large part of its use relies on luck rather than gunskill given its absurb amount of spread even at a reset reticule. The Needle Rifle isn't so bad in the same regard, however its ease of use against unshielded targets make it a weapon that shouldn't reward body shots over headshots and its ineffectiveness against vehicles make it a poor choice as a BTB weapon start since not even teamshooting can really affect airborne targets or targets at any distance.

Bloom is also a poor mechanism for controlling accuracy since it also injects unnecessary and frustrating random chance in the neutral game that shouldn't exist in a competitive shooter. And I'm not going to argue why a utility weapon is necessary in the first place since its been explained ad nauseam by people like myself and several others in the past.

The reality is that unless Reach is overhauled to bring the other weapons of the sandbox at the same level as a bloomless DMR and other mechanics were considered for managing its use at range that don't affect its neutral game use, the best option is to balance what can be balanced around it with the understanding that even at 100% bloom the sandbox was poorly balanced and still required buffs to several of the other contenders. 

Well one of the biggest reasons reach dmr starts are hated is because of the effectiveness of the weapon against vehicles. Perhaps NR starts would be better? Unless they can find a way to make reach play like halo 5 regarding weapon balance, then we’re kinda lost here. The pistol would be very good if it was similar to halo 5 magnum. Perhaps h1&2 will bring a different taste, since the magnum isn’t OP at range because of projectile shooting and in halo 2 the BR isn’t effective at long range because of the 2X scope and damage drop off, whom I’ll add reach doesn’t seem to have.

• Downvote (-1) 1

343 really could do something to make all of these games better than their prime days but they refuse for the sake of nostalgia, or keeping the experience pure. 
Changing playlist, improving servers does nothing if the current experience is garbage.
The dmr was better balanced on console since with a controller you couldn’t hit someone across the map so easy without red reticule range. The mouse may have input issues that make it hard to compete against controller bitches(sorry to the people here who use a controller I still love you) , but overall the mouse is still capable of giving an ass whooping. 

I care about halo having a high population on pc, and anyone here who’s a pc gamer knows how unforgiving pc gamers are. If a game we play has too much bs we will not stay and wait for things to get better, no we’re going back to what we were playing before, and in many cases I can think of several games right now, that people are immediately going too. The latest cod is one of them, first time in ever cod is decently populated on pc, part of it’s obviously due to cross play but still. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

MORON, it’s not me, i literally added im relaying what is said across every platform from waypoint all the way to Twitter. I simply added what I would want regarding gold pro but the modded version with the 3 shot pistol that’s projectile than hitscan so now let’s talk.

1. Since no ones spawning with a DMR the dmr wouldn’t be too effective since there’s a limited amount and therefore less using one at any point in time.

2. The pistol in TU at the very least can contest a dmr user. It’s not as good as it’s h4&5 pistol but it’s not weak.

3. I literally suggested a range nerf, read the text.

4. You obviously haven’t played the gold pro modded settings, that basu keeps posting a video about. 

In relaying those complaints, you said this:

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

It’s clear that dmr starts are a problem and Ar/pistol starts will solve some things.

You yourself said it's a problem because a bunch of mouth-breathers who don't understand the game think it's a problem. And they're wrong.

Anyway.

1. Yeah, and the few people who do get their hands on the long range weapons on the map will only have an easier time shitting on the people coming off spawn who only have a gimpy little piece of shit with a shorter zoom, less bullet magnetism, and (for controllers) less aim assist to fight back with. Sick.

2. The DMR has an obvious and clear advantage over the pistol, especially at long range, which is exactly the range where these mouth-breathers are complaining about the DMR the most.

3. Fair enough. I guess you said you'd make it projectile or something? No thanks lol.

4. No, I haven't played GPMA, and I wasn't referring to those settings, I meant the OG Gold Pro settings. From what I've seen in the videos, I wouldn't like it very much. The projectile pistol combined with faster movement speed looks awful. It just exacerbates the issues I have with projectile guns/gunfights.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

In relaying those complaints, you said this:

You yourself said it's a problem because a bunch of mouth-breathers who don't understand the game think it's a problem. And they're wrong.

Anyway.

1. Yeah, and the few people who do get their hands on the long range weapons on the map will only have an easier time shitting on the people coming off spawn who only have a gimpy little piece of shit with a shorter zoom, less bullet magnetism, and (for controllers) less aim assist to fight back with. Sick.

2. The DMR has an obvious and clear advantage over the pistol, especially at long range, which is exactly the range where these mouth-breathers are complaining about the DMR the most.

3. Fair enough. I guess you said you'd make it projectile or something? No thanks lol.

4. No, I haven't played GPMA, and I wasn't referring to those settings, I meant the OG Gold Pro settings. From what I've seen in the videos, I wouldn't like it very much. The projectile pistol combined with faster movement speed looks awful. It just exacerbates the issues I have with projectile guns/gunfights.

Fair enough, but say it’s a problem because I don’t have a superiority complex where my way is right. I listen and understand why these people think the way they do.

1. There’s cover, and the limited ammo won’t let them be too effective.

2. No ones against the range itself, it’s spawning with such a long ranged weapon is the problem. 

3. I mean there’s not much of an issue with projectile shooting, it’s just not super consistent like a hitscan gun, but the consistency with hitscan negates proper balance at range without the need of certain mechanics(bloom)