CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, flawlesscowboy said:

Pretty easy to fix, just force players to leave party or enter game chat when connected to an online lobby. Like how you couldn't search certain playlists in Modern Warfare 2 without doing one of those things. Low chance it is even considered a problem at 343 though, let alone gets addressed, like a handful of other pretty important issues that are still being ignored apparently.

Most people are in discords nowadays. Microsoft and the Xbox One crew actually did a lot to solve the "issue" of people being in parties by making the sound quality complete shit and tanking party stability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forcing gamechat is no bueno. Giving people the option to do either that, or party up is bueno. Let public opinion decide there. Never limit options if you don't have to.

• Like (+1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

PC MM actually has a few people in game chat. It's usually a dumbass yelling at his dog though. Also you can't party up, invite recent players or add people to your friendslist in game so social interaction is a joke anyways.

• Like (+1) 3

Wasn't trying to stir up an argument lol. I was just saying those were the reasons why the game chat is so dead these days. I'm personally in a party chat usually 95% of the time but the reason is because there's never anyone in game chat whatsoever. To be honest though, I kinda like how Halo 3 had the little icons next to the gamertag before the game started. When people in party chats would search, they would switch out of party chat instantly as soon as they could see the mic icons lighting up or hearing the voices coming through speaker -- At least that's what it was like for pretty much the entirety of the Team Slayer/MLG playlists at level 50 through the games lifespan. I think that is the solution to be honest. 

No need for the absolutist approach of removing everything all the time lol. There are ways (sometimes subtle) to handle things like this.

30 minutes ago, Basu said:

PC MM actually has a few people in game chat. It's usually a dumbass yelling at his dog though. Also you can't party up, invite recent players or add people to your friendslist in game so social interaction is a joke anyways.

Yeah they made it so you really gotta utilize the gamebar to add/invite people. That's how you're supposed to do it "seamlessly" I think, but it's so stupid lol. Right click > Add/Invite seems like the MUCH easier approach that should've been thought of instantaneously.

• Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

Wasn't trying to stir up an argument lol. I was just saying those were the reasons why the game chat is so dead these days. I'm personally in a party chat usually 95% of the time but the reason is because there's never anyone in game chat whatsoever. To be honest though, I kinda like how Halo 3 had the little icons next to the gamertag before the game started. When people in party chats would search, they would switch out of party chat instantly as soon as they could see the mic icons lighting up or hearing the voices coming through speaker -- At least that's what it was like for pretty much the entirety of the Team Slayer/MLG playlists at level 50 through the games lifespan. I think that is the solution to be honest. 

No need for the absolutist approach of removing everything all the time lol. There are ways (sometimes subtle) to handle things like this.

Yeah they made it so you really gotta utilize the gamebar to add/invite people. That's how you're supposed to do it "seamlessly" I think, but it's so stupid lol. Right click > Add/Invite seems like the MUCH easier approach that should've been thought of instantaneously.

Honestly it needs to be like that. Let me know if people have a mic! It will give me a reason to go to game chat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Forcing gamechat is no bueno. Giving people the option to do either that, or party up is bueno. Let public opinion decide there. Never limit options if you don't have to.

Yeah i agree. Search parameter for open mic would be cool (in social ofc). 

22 hours ago, Mow said:

Let me clarify, yes he lacks game knowledge and he admitted this but that wasn't the reason he hated the game, he hated the game because he knew no matter how good he got he was always going to be at a significant disadvantage when it came to simple 1v1 gun battles, that's why mentioning the tired old cliches "He's playing against pros!" and "He lacks game knowledge!" are completely irrelevant when the real issue is that he can't even win basic 1v1s against controller users. 

Case in point 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Dude is just fucking salty and people think controllers are op because an "InFluEnCeR" says its so.

• Downvote (-1) 3

15 hours ago, boogerman said:

how are they whining like toddlers if they are complaining about the exact same thing you are? i said before aim assist was going to be a huge problem when people can plug in controllers and gain an aim advantage with supreme amount of auto aim. but people didnt agree i think my post even got deleted because i cant find it. pc users generaly want to play a game where the main input method is a mosue and keyboard not a controller. and you even said its been a problem and complained but now pc players are toddlers? 

if you make a pc game dont make it so you can plug in a controller and have a large amount of aim assist. but i agree i always like in halo 1 gameplay in how a player with zero shields can come back and 3 shot a player. it feels like in later halos you cant really do that for the most part. i feel like its a bad design choice because almost every 1v1 ends with one player with no health. 

I don’t think that’s bad game design tbh since it’s fair for that to occur. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't you guys just reduce aim assist in your gold pro settings though..?

Also I have no problem with aim assist existing, it's just the amount of aim assist which is the problem, let's not pretend like you need to be a pro player with 15+ years of experience just to get a 5sk with the DMR. I haven't played on a controller in years but I'm considering plugging one in just to prove that 5sk on a controller really isn't that difficult.

I think it's best we get this debate settled as soon as possible and really it's a good thing that Reach is giving us this opportunity before Infinite launches, because if it launches with the same balance as Reach, competitive Infinite on PC will be DOA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Dude is just fucking salty and people think controllers are op because an "InFluEnCeR" says its so.

or maybe its just a good discussion to bring up regarding Halo on pc?

You are acting like the casual player base when we bring up the removal of bloom....

"Dude is just fucking salty and people think bloom takes no skill because a "pRo" says so"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

55 minutes ago, Mow said:

Also I have no problem with aim assist existing, it's just the amount of aim assist which is the problem, let's not pretend like you need to be a pro player with 15+ years of experience just to get a 5sk with the DMR. I haven't played on a controller in years but I'm considering plugging one in just to prove that 5sk on a controller really isn't that difficult.

I think it's best we get this debate settled as soon as possible and really it's a good thing that Reach is giving us this opportunity before Infinite launches, because if it launches with the same balance as Reach, competitive Infinite on PC will be DOA.

I'm not affiliated with the opinions of these bozos. They just play and record videos for me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mow said:

Of course I'm for lower AA across the board and faster TTK. Never said otherwise. But this is a Reach remake. Also Summit is just going full DrDisrespect right now rage uninstalling and talking shit on twitter.

2 hours ago, FeaR said:

or maybe its just a good discussion to bring up regarding Halo on pc????????? unreal lmao

You are acting like the casual player base when we bring up the removal of bloom....

"Dude is just fucking salty and people think bloom takes no skill because a "pRo" says so"

Did people seriously expect Reach to get rebalanced for PC and controllers to be deleted? Like I said, separate the input devices in ranked, add crossplay and this entire "debate" will be over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Mow said:

Case in point 

I don't really want to debate his personal opinion its just weird to me that I watch him shoot better than most kids in MM but then he says this. It has to be an exaggeration and a pretty extreme one at that unless hes talking about 1v1s where he starts down shots in the fight. If that's the case maybe he just doesn't realize that you kind of do lose almost all of those in Halo if you continue to challenge it against the people hes playing in MM. Idk it would be cool to actually talk to summit about this at this point. I'm starting to feel like there could be some kind of misunderstanding assuming he isn't just exaggerating trying to upset enough people to force changes on 343s end. 

I'm sort of leaning towards the latter option but he is a dude that runs at people with almost no shield left and looks surprised when he dies once in awhile to it so a misunderstanding of the game isn't totally off the table

• Downvote (-1) 1

Who is going to want to play a match of Halo when they know beforehand they will lose at least a couple duels because of aim assist? Every close match becomes a "What if I just used controller", then they realize they have to grind on controller to get anywhere near as good as they are on KBM and will just leave because it isn't worth their time. KBM players are at a disadvantage no matter how much they improve. Why would they keep playing when there are better games with healthy competitive scenes that don't make you feel like shit for using the input method you have been using for 15+ years.

Summit put a lot of time and effort into PC MCC even while getting less views, donations, and subs. Most gave up quickly, he persisted and all he got was less money while playing handicapped against better players.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FeaR said:

I'm just extremely frustrated and depressed

my only escape from my life is fast falling down into a pit of flames and there is nothing i can do about it no matter what i say or do

fuck this sucks ass

Welcome. U are amongst your peers.  This is how some people here have felt since the release of h2/h3/hr/h4/mcc/h5 and now pc

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I don’t think that’s bad game design tbh since it’s fair for that to occur. 

No.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Of course I'm for lower AA across the board and faster TTK. Never said otherwise. But this is a Reach remake. But Summit is just going full DrDisrespect right now rage uninstalling and talking shit on twitter.

Did people seriously expect Reach to get rebalanced for PC and controllers to be deleted? Like I said, separate the input devices in ranked, add crossplay and this entire "debate" will be over.

YES. Steam community parameters are even higher than that. this game has fucking 1st grade autism degree video customization. 343 should liquidate their fucking company

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

No.

So you should have a chance to be fully shielded? Or 3/4? Even when both of you engaged one another at full hp? 

1 hour ago, FeaR said:

I'm just extremely frustrated and depressed

my only escape from my life is fast falling down into a pit of flames and there is nothing i can do about it no matter what i say or do

fuck this sucks ass

Are you visiting from 2013?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Vyrst said:

YES. Steam community parameters are even higher than that. this game has fucking 1st grade autism degree video customization. 343 should liquidate their fucking company

These get funnier the more of them you make somehow

• Like (+1) 2

@Snipe Three

i think you need to look at the fact halo has always been on console, so high or low AA isn’t ever an issue or thought process for most gamers especially since it’s not seen as bad balancing. But mouse gamers expect no aim assistance or at the very least very low aim assist. I think h3 and h1 have good AA levels without being really high. 

• Like (+1) 1

After watching the Summit1g twitter video again, I do hope they can fix mouse or controller or w.e the solution is. I wanna see teams with KBM and even controller players. I wanna see them both competing against eachother honestly.

Yeah I want it to be fair.

I wanna hear "yo did you hear team X picked up a controller player...YIKES!"