CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4 minutes ago, Basu said:

"Should we adress the issues people with these gametypes?"

"nah bro just make them show up less often"

#MCCisFIXED

OH That's another thing psycho duck tweeted "we would find sanctuary from penance next week" I guess now that just means the weighting for sanc will be higher =)

LMAO here I thought it meant REMOVAL!

7 minutes ago, Basu said:

"Should we adress the issues people with these gametypes?"

"nah bro just make them show up less often"

#MCCisFIXED

If only there was a way to tell the game that I don't want to play something.

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 3

2 minutes ago, Sitri said:

If only there was a way to tell the game that I don't want to play something.

Veto-by-Donkey-Hotey.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

2 hours ago, znot said:

"all gametypes had equal weighting"

"oh were also gonna adjust the weighting and raise and lower certain maps... just cause... ya know. No reason."

"We know you hate this but we don't have a solution so let's just make it only suck for a very small percentage of the time unless you're unlucky" 

Maybe the dumbest playlist update of all time ngl. I'm really fucking sure that having reduced rng on seeing the map will fix any of the problems 343. Lmao. I guess we're just gonna have to Overgrowth it and dashboard everytime it appears in the load screen to send the message

• Like (+1) 2

I'm no game developer, but how is tinkering with map weighting less involved than just removing certain maps and gametypes?

8 minutes ago, Hully said:

I'm no game developer, but how is tinkering with map weighting less involved than just removing certain maps and gametypes?

Same way removing grenade hitmarkers are ingrained in the coding.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, NavG123 said:

Lovely avatar pal

Thanks buddy :cool:

Also fuck you but thanks

6 hours ago, znot said:

"all gametypes had equal weighting"

"oh were also gonna adjust the weighting and raise and lower certain maps... just cause... ya know. No reason."

Every dev thinks their playerbase is braindead for some reason. Why was a weighting update a gig though? .

I think it’s gotten to the point where, no matter what changes are applied to Penance, no one will accept that map. I think, in the court of public opinion, that Penance is a lost cause.

• Like (+1) 2

GT: Tanaka 5150 has Onslaught and Amplified if anyone is looking for those.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

ew

Nobody responded to me asking for competitive forge maps, so I'm finding whatever I can. Funny enough I ran into a post about Aiden that has you and Multi in it. Can't find that map anywhere though :/

11 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Nobody responded to me asking for competitive forge maps, so I'm finding whatever I can. Funny enough I ran into a post about Aiden that has you and Multi in it. Can't find that map anywhere though :/

gt purely fat

• Like (+1) 1

Just had a conversation with a friend that made me remember something I had forgotten about.

Was there a reason we didn't use Citadel as a map in the MLG settings back in the day for H3? I remembered always liking it and thinking it would be a far better slayer map than Pit, Guardian, or even Narrows. But I don't remember them ever even considering it.

Am I just dumb and the map was bad, or did they just kind of ignore it?

15 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

Just had a conversation with a friend that made me remember something I had forgotten about.

Was there a reason we didn't use Citadel as a map in the MLG settings back in the day for H3? I remembered always liking it and thinking it would be a far better slayer map than Pit, Guardian, or even Narrows. But I don't remember them ever even considering it.

It was better for doubles

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

I think it’s gotten to the point where, no matter what changes are applied to Penance, no one will accept that map. I think, in the court of public opinion, that Penance is a lost cause.

Yeah Penance is a dead duck. It's a shame. Thanks again, Killa KC and Kurtiz and whoever else was involved in that V7 abomination.

19 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

I know they tested it for MLG (they had no reason not to since it was the same DLC pack as Midship/Heretic) but I don't know why it got spiked. Maybe it had less to do with the map itself (it was fine for team slayer and only got better without radar, probably one of the better disc maps in the game for it actually) and more to do with the fact that none of the existing gametypes were ripe for removal and MLG was apparently forbidden by federal law to acknowledge more than 11 official gametypes at one time.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It was better for doubles

I think that might be why I think of it fondly tbh, I remember it being okay in the Team Slayer playlist as well but I didn't play that as much as Doubles.

5 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Yeah Penance is a dead duck. It's a shame. Thanks again, Killa KC and Kurtiz and whoever else was involved in that V7 abomination.

I know they tested it for MLG (they had no reason not to since it was the same DLC pack as Midship/Heretic) but I don't know why it got spiked. Maybe it had less to do with the map itself (it was fine for team slayer and only got better without radar, probably one of the better disc maps in the game for it actually) and more to do with the fact that none of the existing gametypes were ripe for removal and MLG was apparently forbidden by federal law to acknowledge more than 11 official gametypes at one time.

I remember that now, looking at the list there was a lot of maps they did that with. I think I even remember playing shit like 5 Flag on Snowbound, 1 Flag on High Ground, and Slayer on Epitaph. And the limit of 11 wasn't the only problem, Pit Slayer was bad at high ranks in the playlist with two teams of 4 and even worse with the Pros. But it was okay because everyone loved the Pit.

3 hours ago, Hard Way said:

I love Damnation but loathe Penance. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nokt said:

There's definitely a lack of good 4v4 forge maps especially for TS. I guess forgers just gave up after all the "grey = bad" complaining by MLG kids and switched to 1v1 and 2v2 because its easier to set up lobbies.

Memento might work for TS given its size, Oversoul is good for bomb and then there are the Sanc and Warlock remakes.

10 hours ago, Hard Way said:

You'd have a higher chance of ending the weird tradition of pushing TS as the main gametype and replacing Penance TS with CTF on Onslaught than ever getting MLG/HC players to accept Penance as a solid map. Even if we fixed the layout with something like rockets in pit, GL somewhere that isn't top mid, 60s camo at red, more cover at shotty lift and some added teleporter cheese they would still hate it because 1) it's asymmetrical and 2) it's purple, but not a midship remake (like Zealot is according to 95% of the Reach population). At this point, just get someone to remake Simplex or Station 9 and replace Penance with that.

What I find weird though is that Creek KOTH is also catching a ton of hate. TS on that map is broken because of red advantage that is only exacerbated by trying to make it symmetrical (lul that 2nd snipe and no powerups) but why does Koth get shit on too? I don't get it.

9 hours ago, Jmacz said:

Because change is hard. It's a new map, pros and MM kids will always be opposed to learning new maps that could upset their chance of winning, which is why pros should have zero input on competitive settings to begin with.

There were also two great collections of maps on Sandbox that were completely ignored (MLG H3 Forge Forum Map Pack 1 & 2 for those interested). People even remade the abominations known as Ons and Amp on Sandbox just to add some variety to the visuals, guess what they were ignored. It's not like they had an excuse, because all DLC was included in the ODST MP disk. How did Narrows and Pit TS make the v8 settings? No idea. At least we got Guardian Ball back, what a joke removing that was.

People on Beyond also tried to push for (or at least discuss) a change when H3 was added to HCS after H5 finally died, but nothing came of it. At that point it was also nostalgia pandering. With Reach being more recent I thought we had more of a shot, also because some maps are obviously flawed and could be improved with a few Forge changes (raised cars on Sanc for example). But I guess complaining about it on twitter and reddit and getting 343 to lower the weighting of the maps is a better way to go about it, I honestly expect them to remove Penance from HC in the next useless patch they give us.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Basu said:

What I find weird though is that Creek KOTH is also catching a ton of hate. TS on that map is broken because of red advantage that is only exacerbated by trying to make it symmetrical (lul that 2nd snipe and no powerups) but why does Koth get shit on too? I don't get it.

Creek has been getting unjustly shit on since CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've admittedly gotten very lazy about this project the last couple weeks, and I apologize for that. Between the limited time nature of the Mythic playlist (which I adore), and the PC mods getting a lot of attention from our team on here, I lost a lot of motivation. I still think this is a very doable project though.

One of the things we really need is cooperation from some people with a little more exposure to the Halo playerbase on Twitter to help with polls and whatnot.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Both amp and ons were on the chopping list waiting for a replacement.  

that said i dont remember why citadel didnt get used. Its probably just too easy to control. No reason to move just like pit. Ctf might be too easy to score. 

1 hour ago, Riddler said:

Both amp and ons were on the chopping list waiting for a replacement.  

that said i dont remember why citadel didnt get used. Its probably just too easy to control. No reason to move just like pit. Ctf might be too easy to score. 

bingo (I'd still take it over Ons or Amp though lol)