CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Does anyone have some fun forge maps that I could play at a LAN for Reach? Probably going to play MLG V7 mostly, but would like some maps to mix it up a little bit.

1 hour ago, Squatting Bear said:

CE on PC and ranked Crossplay with consoles cant come soon enough.  Already played enough Reach for one lifetime.  Game is boring.

Honestly I’ve had more fun with Hardcore than I ever did on MCC. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

hahahahahHHHAAHAHAH GOOD ONE MOTHAFUCKA

flushed-face-messenger.png

1 hour ago, Strikah said:

They need to come up with a solution for people quitting out constantly

This. My team was down a man like five games in a row last night. 

If you can't counter sprint and double melee, you're not utilizing abilities and weapons on the map. Sure it can happen when someone gets the jump on you, but it's easily countered.If you empty half a mag into someone and melee when they still have shields, that's on you for performing a melee too early. There's still abilities like Armor Lock to survive that mishap.

Someone actually said this on Waypoint

• Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 5

2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

If you can't counter sprint and double melee, you're not utilizing abilities and weapons on the map. Sure it can happen when someone gets the jump on you, but it's easily countered.If you empty half a mag into someone and melee when they still have shields, that's on you for performing a melee too early. There's still abilities like Armor Lock to survive that mishap.

Someone actually said this on Waypoint

Ugh... kill it with fire. 

Hating on waypoint kids just makes everyone angry. It's best to avoid. 

14 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I always get a kick out of how eager they are to tell you how to play. Blissfully unaware.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/how-to-play-halo-why-i-m-better-than-you/f1b1332d-cc6f-41b5-a285-4d1e71b3edd9/posts

It’s honestly not their fault when posts like these aren’t allowed.  You have someone put time and effort into helping people and get shit on because butthurt.  When you actively discourage intelligent posts, what do you think your forum is going to be left with?  Waypoint played more than an insignificant role in Halo’s overall decline imo.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/how-to-play-halo-why-i-m-better-than-you/f1b1332d-cc6f-41b5-a285-4d1e71b3edd9/posts

It’s honestly not their fault when posts like these aren’t allowed.  You have someone put time and effort into helping people and get shit on because butthurt.  When you actively discourage intelligent posts, what do you think your forum is going to be left with?  Waypoint played more than an insignificant role in Halo’s overall decline imo.

The way they responded to him is both heart breaking and blood boiling. 

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

The way they responded to him is both heart breaking and blood boiling. 

I started to cry a little when one of those mongoloid AR-using Waypoint-posting knuckleheads responded “tldr”. Halo was literally my entire life, all of my good memories and happy feelings came from this game. To see someone so disrespectful to the fine stratagems and thought-processes behind one of the games of our generation sent me into a blood-curdling rage. FUCK Waypoint, man. FUCK THEM AND FUCK THOSE MODS. I am seething and my heart is broken. Fuck this stupid world man.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Boyo said:

Didn't read the post nor responses, except this:

"This thread is being locked because of the inflammatory title. Feel free to recreate it, minus the flamebait language."

That's not exactly removing a post for "discouraging intelligent posts". Should it have been locked bec of the title" I don't know, I don't visit Waypoint. But your reasoning for why that thread was removed isn't correct.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve told people before in here you shouldn’t make your post so long. Get your point across within at best a couple paragraphs. Most people have low attention spans. 
gosh I know I’m not reading 3 pages worth of shit because some asshole couldn’t figure out how to get their point across quicker because they lack basic writing ability. 
I understand you want to be as detailed as possible but come on. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-patch-notes---12-18-19/d99b99bc-46d0-48ed-a47a-02b9d8d4136a/posts 

Interested to see what you guys think about the below part. I personally (based on experience and reading other's comments) do not believe it was actually equal weighting before. My only guess is the higher weighting toward Anniversary maps they mention in Social games was also being applied to HC.

Halo: Reach Hardcore

• Retuned weighting based on player feedback. Previously, each map / gametype combination held equal weight.
  • Zealot and Sanctuary CTF hold very high weight.
  • Countdown and Pit CTF, Zealot and Sanctuary Slayer, and Nexus KotH hold high weight.
  • Countdown and Battle Canyon Slayer hold medium weight.
  • Battle Canyon KotH holds low weight.
  • Penance Slayer holds very low weight.

7 minutes ago, II AdamanT II said:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/mcc-patch-notes---12-18-19/d99b99bc-46d0-48ed-a47a-02b9d8d4136a/posts 

Interested to see what you guys think about the below part. I personally (based on experience and reading other's comments) do not believe it was actually equal weighting before. My only guess is the higher weighting toward Anniversary maps they mention in Social games was also being applied to HC.

Halo: Reach Hardcore

• Retuned weighting based on player feedback. Previously, each map / gametype combination held equal weight.
  • Zealot and Sanctuary CTF hold very high weight.
  • Countdown and Pit CTF, Zealot and Sanctuary Slayer, and Nexus KotH hold high weight.
  • Countdown and Battle Canyon Slayer hold medium weight.
  • Battle Canyon KotH holds low weight.
  • Penance Slayer holds very low weight.

"all gametypes had equal weighting"

"oh were also gonna adjust the weighting and raise and lower certain maps... just cause... ya know. No reason."

• Like (+1) 1

"Should we adress the issues people with these gametypes?"

"nah bro just make them show up less often"

#MCCisFIXED