CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Imagine fucking with any of that shit in hopes that there's some undiscovered secret settings that actually affect your performance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Riddler said:

someone link me the video where the dude out dmrs a dude no shileds for a triple kill on halo reach the pit please

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ThievinStealbrg said:

Anyone notice mouse input feels waaaay better today? I can consistently hit headshots in all modes now.

If there wasn't an update nothing changed.

45 minutes ago, xSociety said:

If there wasn't an update nothing changed.

Well I also noticed performance xp isn't capped to 8k per match now so I think we'll see something in the Waypoint weekly update.

Edit: I forgot it's double exp weekend

I think I asked before but has anyone noticed descope not working randomly in MP games?

it's not super common. Maybe like once every 15 games, but I'll be scoped in DMRing some kid across map and I'll see a damage indicator telling me I got shot from my left, but I'm still scoped in....

I can't DVR it cause FUCKING PC

27 minutes ago, znot said:

I think I asked before but has anyone noticed descope not working randomly in MP games?

it's not super common. Maybe like once every 15 games, but I'll be scoped in DMRing some kid across map and I'll see a damage indicator telling me I got shot from my left, but I'm still scoped in....

I can't DVR it cause FUCKING PC

Hmm, Bungie might've implemented a minimum damage threshold for it to trigger descope.  I know very, very minor damage points won't stall recharge in some Halo games / Destiny.  Like getting direct impacted with a grenade.

Try taking going into customs and see if you can take a small amount of damage from whatever the most minor source you can think of is and see if it descopes you.  Bungie has random stupid bullshit like this hidden all over their titles to hold player's hands for them. Destiny 2 makes it so you don't actually take damage the first hit you receive while you're full health, it just shakes your screen and makes it look like something hit you. Certain things that are supposed to make you move faster don't actually really increase your speed noticeably, they just widen your FOV and add speed lines.  It wouldn't surprise me to see a descope protection.

Edit: or it might just be a bug, idk.

13 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Hmm, Bungie might've implemented a minimum damage threshold for it to trigger descope.  I know very, very minor damage points won't stall recharge in some Halo games / Destiny.  Like getting direct impacted with a grenade.

Try taking going into customs and see if you can take a small amount of damage from whatever the most minor source you can think of is and see if it descopes you.  Bungie has random stupid bullshit like this hidden all over their titles to hold player's hands for them. Destiny 2 makes it so you don't actually take damage the first hit you receive while you're full health, it just shakes your screen and makes it look like something hit you. Certain things that are supposed to make you move faster don't actually really increase your speed noticeably, they just widen your FOV and add speed lines.  It wouldn't surprise me to see a descope protection.

Edit: or it might just be a bug, idk.

Yeah I noticed it the first day of release on a custom FFA snipes on zealot. I was thinking either lag or a bug, but I also noticed it once in a MM game on beaver creek and a couple times in a MM game of hardcore CTF pit. 

I guess I could test it in octagon or another FFA on zealot.

I don't think I'm going crazy, I've screamed every time it happened (NO DESCOPE!!!) so my brain knows something is wrong and I'm not being descoped. It's like so bizarre my brain can't let it go and has to react!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Arlong said:

Ok first off a server browser is never better than a mm system because a server browser is random. It’s not a proper way to get balanced matches like a mm system does. A browser is good for customs and shit. Random(infection) or competitive(gold pro) 

A "server browser" as in having the ability to block off regions where you ping over 200, even 150 from search is needed. There's no point having skill ranks when you have four 45s playing four 40s and the 40s are getting shot through walls, consistent bloodshots anywhere near a corner and are disadvantaged by a full shot by default, for example. You can't shrink the pacific or the atlantic so it seems obvious to go with the simple and elegant solution but 343 have totally ignored it so far.

I don't mean a battlefield 3 style server browser where all games are shown and you take your pick, i mean a proper version of "good connection" or "focused" option, where you exclude the dedicated servers that are thousands of miles away and do you search within those parameters. Ranked matching does the rest.

I eventually stopped playing Reach because of sprint, abilities, and trash maps. I'm going to stop playing Reach on MCC because they made grunt birthday party an early unlock and I can't take it anymore. This progression system is so stupid. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

What's funny to me is that well-constructed Reach Forge maps are the best looking competitive Forge maps besides H5. H3, H4, and H2A maps at their best are meh.

However, the maps currently in v7's rotation are NOT a good representation of what's capable. They are in desperate need of rebuilds come Thorge early next year.

Yeah, people who carry on about grey really don't seem to get it. Which one is nicer to look at?

IUHZkU6.png

or this

gA4Pvqi.jpg

Reach had heaps of lovely surface textures. Most of them being grey didn't take away from that. The actual problem is limits of 100 or 50 per part type and judicious use of "Wall Coliseum" to cover half the surfaces of a map, partly because of those limits. Which will hopefully be effectively gone soon.

• Like (+1) 5

This whole youtube channel is full of stuff like this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 2

6 hours ago, flawlesscowboy said:

Yeah, people who carry on about grey really don't seem to get it. Which one is nicer to look at?

The Plaza shot is fine for concept art or wallpaper or whatever (whereas the Reach shot is fugly no matter what), but functionally they both suck. Maybe I'm just getting old but it's way too easy to lose enemy players in all the visual clutter of Reach-present.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ironically grey is my favorite "color", and I still think most Reach maps look like absolute garbage.

The Griffball court looks nice because:

-There are subtle differences in shading to provide some color variety.  Like how the floor is a lighter color than the walls or how the piece borders are.  Or the sparse use of blue glass.

-There is good pattern variety.

-The textures are all very neatly aligned.

Things that most forge maps are missing.  Just the same uniform grey with lazily overlapping patterns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

44 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The Plaza shot is fine for concept art or wallpaper or whatever (whereas the Reach shot is fugly no matter what), but functionally they both suck. Maybe I'm just getting old but it's way too easy to lose enemy players in all the visual clutter of Reach-present.

No. Reach Forge pieces are gorgeous. Patent Fact

11 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Ironically grey is my favorite "color", and I still think most Reach maps look like absolute garbage.

The Griffball court looks nice because:

-There are subtle differences in shading to provide some color variety.  Like how the floor is a lighter color than the walls or how the piece borders are.  Or the sparse use of blue glass.

-There is good pattern variety.

-The textures are all very neatly aligned.

Things that most forge maps are missing.  Just the same uniform grey with lazily overlapping patterns.

these are all things that can be easily addressed once the forge budget isn't limtied by the xbox 360. Every map can have surfaces like that with a bigger budget. Although its true that a map like Sanctuary could be improved with the existing tools anyway. I don't know what the new forge limits will be like but i'd assume at least double, which is enough. Also Reach rivals H3 on a visual level. It's simple and has clarity. Halo 4 and 5 are absolute clusterfucks in that sense, they got the idea that adding a dozen pipes and railings to every wall was a good idea and ran with it. 

The lazily thrown together forge maps annoy the shit out of me as well. Whenever I made a map I tried to make everything look seemless. Like it was actually a forerunner structure or something. For some reason though I see maps that used fucking window coliseum as a windmill.

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

The lazily thrown together forge maps annoy the shit out of me as well. Whenever I made a map I tried to make everything look seem less like it was actually a forerunner structure or something. For some reason though I see maps that used fucking window coliseum as a windmill.

Asylum is still in MM a decade later :^)

kill me

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly the potential with forge on pc now is probably my main point of interest with reach on pc currently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1