CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Hully said:

I mean I get where you're coming from. I brought up respect because Arlong was talking about Beyond maybe not being respectful enough to 343 for them to come here. I don't think they're making games out of spite, I do think that spite, and therefore a lack of respect from some people, is a by-product of the direction they chose to take Halo. Agree to disagree I guess. 

Didn't see this, earlier. But okay.

2 hours ago, Hully said:

I mean I get where you're coming from. I brought up respect because Arlong was talking about Beyond maybe not being respectful enough to 343 for them to come here. I don't think they're making games out of spite, I do think that spite, and therefore a lack of respect from some people, is a by-product of the direction they chose to take Halo. Agree to disagree I guess. 

I think they don’t listen here out of spite.

Does anyone have recommendations on what sensitivity/settings to use on Xbox?  I don’t know if I’m head casing hard but nothing seems to feel comfortable or consistent.  

21 minutes ago, obby5 said:

Does anyone have recommendations on what sensitivity/settings to use on Xbox?  I don’t know if I’m head casing hard but nothing seems to feel comfortable or consistent.  

6 accel, 3.5/5 5% both of them. It’s what I use.

22 minutes ago, obby5 said:

I keep everything at default with the exception of the dead zones; I set those to 10% each. IMO this feels closest to the OG experience, at least for Reach anyway.

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

6 accel, 3.5/5 5% both of them. It’s what I use.

i'm on something similar.

6.5 Horizontal, 7.5 vertical, 4 aim accel and 5 % deadzones.!

Pretty much stayed on it since that aiming update

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

What the fuck are you smoking.

Well Wtf do you play with? 

I think map voting needs to return, because it’s obvious this no choice shit doesn’t work when I’m playing the same garbage map. Tired of anniversary maps, I’m tired of the dlc maps as they all play like trash(although anchor 9 isn’t awful)  I’m just through with it all. Gosh I wish the match composer gave us option of what maps to play. It’s bs how it’s game mode only. So what the fuck what if the random joe wants to play oddball on spire( I know it’s not a game option but you get my point) fuck them.

all the maps on reach are garbage so theres no winning. it's literally known for having the worst maps in the series and GREY. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I think map voting needs to return, because it’s obvious this no choice shit doesn’t work when I’m playing the same garbage map. Tired of anniversary maps, I’m tired of the dlc maps as they all play like trash(although anchor 9 isn’t awful)  I’m just through with it all. Gosh I wish the match composer gave us option of what maps to play. It’s bs how it’s game mode only. So what the fuck what if the random joe wants to play oddball on spire( I know it’s not a game option but you get my point) fuck them.

everybody has good intentions while bringing this up but they forget to specify and say voting....

Voting is trash, veto is good. VETO needs to return. Voting can go die. Too many map repeats and favoritism. Not that veto doesn't have the same issues when certain maps arise they get vetoed, but ppl are always forced into the next map no matter what. Not with voting, unless there's only two options, but giving them option to see the next map kind of ruins it.

With veto you're taking a gamble, either veto this shit map and get a good map, or we get another shit map. Voting ALWAYS allows too much choice.

• Like (+1) 3

The real problem lying underneath a lot of these petty matchmaking complaints is lack of customs browsers/servers. I think a lot of people are just over the matchmaking format in general and only put up with it because the legwork for getting customs lobbies together is too much of a hassle.

10 minutes ago, Riddler said:

all the maps on reach are garbage so theres no winning. it's literally known for having the worst maps in the series and GREY. 

Dude stfu with that grey shit, colors don’t make a map good, all they do is make them good to look at.

12 minutes ago, znot said:

everybody has good intentions while bringing this up but they forget to specify and say voting....

Voting is trash, veto is good. VETO needs to return. Voting can go die. Too many map repeats and favoritism. Not that veto doesn't have the same issues when certain maps arise they get vetoed, but ppl are always forced into the next map no matter what. Not with voting, unless there's only two options, but giving them option to see the next map kind of ruins it.

With veto you're taking a gamble, either veto this shit map and get a good map, or we get another shit map. Voting ALWAYS allows too much choice.

Lmao favoritism. They’re favorited for a god damn reason. People who hated map voting the most, hated it because no one wanted to play the garbage shit that they for some reason enjoyed. The way voting worked was there’s asylum dmrs then there’s ARS on boardwalk. It’s obvious what most are choosing right? 

• Downvote (-1) 2

4 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude stfu with that grey shit, colors don’t make a map good, all they do is make them good to look at.

I am only voicing the opinion of the community. It doesnt matter if you don't care. and it actually does matter, people go insane if you placed them in a room with nothing but the same color. Now it's not on the same scale, but it does affect people somewhat. 

and no. the way voting worked was you just voted none of the above until you got pit ctf. every, single, time. 

voting asylum dmrs or ars on boardwalk is the same thing a veto system does. you veto ars on boardwalk then get asylum dmrs which is what he specified in his post. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

I am only voicing the opinion of the community. It doesnt matter if you don't care. and it actually does matter, people go insane if you placed them in a room with nothing but the same color. Now it's not on the same scale, but it does affect people somewhat. 

Is that a legit thing or them just getting annoyed. This is a video game not a room. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Is that a legit thing or them just getting annoyed. This is a video game not a room. 

google color psychology.

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Lmao favoritism. They’re favorited for a god damn reason. People who hated map voting the most, hated it because no one wanted to play the garbage shit that they for some reason enjoyed. The way voting worked was there’s asylum dmrs then there’s ARS on boardwalk. It’s obvious what most are choosing right? 

You'd think so, but people want to play trash gametypes. I remember the catalyst to me taking a huge break from Halo a couple years back was seeing BR's on Midship, slayer on Prisoner, and AR's on Snowbound as options, and Snowbound getting all the votes except mine. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The real problem lying underneath a lot of these petty matchmaking complaints is lack of customs browsers/servers. I think a lot of people are just over the matchmaking format in general and only put up with it because the legwork for getting customs lobbies together is too much of a hassle.

Ok first off a server browser is never better than a mm system because a server browser is random. It’s not a proper way to get balanced matches like a mm system does. A browser is good for customs and shit. Random(infection) or competitive(gold pro) 

1 minute ago, Hully said:

You'd think so, but people want to play trash gametypes. I remember the catalyst to me taking a huge break from Halo a couple years back was seeing BR's on Midship, slayer on Prisoner, and AR's on Snowbound as options, and Snowbound getting all the votes except mine. 

Ok and you know what! That’s fair! You were the one guy who didn’t want that. But majority of the time I’d get people who wanted BR starts. Or a good map. People were just salty AF how in mcc people chose h3 all the time but with the match composer that no longer matters, but the composer doesn’t give us map options.

What's funny to me is that well-constructed Reach Forge maps are the best looking competitive Forge maps besides H5. H3, H4, and H2A maps at their best are meh.

However, the maps currently in v7's rotation are NOT a good representation of what's capable. They are in desperate need of rebuilds come Thorge early next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ok first off a server browser is never better than a mm system because a server browser is random. It’s not a proper way to get balanced matches like a mm system does. A browser is good for customs and shit. Random(infection) or competitive(gold pro) 

Who gives a shit?