CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You take this too seriously and personally.

lmao fuck off

I lost an entire avenue of social connections because Halo went to shit, and I will never let that go.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

lmao fuck off

I lost an entire avenue of social connections because Halo went to shit.

Hugs and kisses, and everything, but I think if Halo going down the tube tanked your friendships, and said relationships hinged on the game's popularity and playability specifically, that's its own problem. Of course, I dunno. I don't care enough to really "argue" it fully(?) But speaking as someone who didn't lose a single connection from Halo tanking, even though people stopped playing for over half a decade up to now, I don't think we really had to really lose anything, just because the game series "tanked". Or, at least, I feel other forces played a larger role there than the game itself did. Essentially, correlation, not causation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

snip

I mean I get where you're coming from. I brought up respect because Arlong was talking about Beyond maybe not being respectful enough to 343 for them to come here. I don't think they're making games out of spite, I do think that spite, and therefore a lack of respect from some people, is a by-product of the direction they chose to take Halo. Agree to disagree I guess. 

someone link me the video where the dude out dmrs a dude no shileds for a triple kill on halo reach the pit please

It’s because you’re a reach kid who has no idea what classic fans like about halo.  

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Hugs and kisses, and everything, but I think if Halo going down the tube tanked your friendships, and said relationships hinged on the game's popularity and playability specifically, that's its own problem. Of course, I dunno. I don't care enough to really "argue" it fully(?) But speaking as someone who didn't lose a single connection from Halo tanking, even though people stopped playing for over half a decade up to now, I don't think we really had to really lose anything, just because the game series "tanked". Or, at least, I feel other forces played a larger role there than the game itself did. Essentially, correlation, not causation.

I don't give a shit what it meant to you. You don't get to tell other people who made real, face-to-face friends through this franchise that they're "taking it too seriously" when that common interest doesn't exist anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

It’s because you’re a reach kid who has no idea what classic fans like about halo.  

At this point I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Imagine caring a lot about something you spent 8hours of your day on for years/decades. What losers!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hully said:

At this point I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Imagine trying to talk about a world wide phenomenon with someone who never experienced it but likes to pretend like they did.  

• Fire (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I don't give a shit what it meant to you. You don't get to tell other people who made real, face-to-face friends through this franchise that they're "taking it too seriously" when that common interest doesn't exist anymore.

I mean, I do, and just did. Especially as someone who made real, face-to-face friends through this franchise, that I'm still in contact with and have been for about a decade, lol. If one common interest going is enough to tank a friendship, I think there's a bigger problem at work than just the game dying. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Imagine trying to talk about a world wide phenomenon with someone who never experienced it but likes to pretend like they did.  

wat

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, I do, and just did. Especially as someone who made real, face-to-face friends through this franchise, that I'm still in contact with and have been for about a decade, lol. If one common interest going is enough to tank a friendship, I think there's a bigger problem at work than just the game dying.

Here is a list of things I care about less than your evaluation of the strength of my friendships forged around Halo:

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Here is a list of things I care about less than your evaluation of the strength of my friendships forged around Halo:

And yet you keep talking. 

Ironic, though. Speaking on the strength of friendships. When they're not strong enough, for you. Given you lost people over this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

1 minute ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I didn't realize you were a shitty person in addition to being peerlessly obstinate.

Yet, you're the one judging my character. 

Note, I wasn't mocking you. I'm just saying, there's a cruel irony in you saying "strength of friendships" when your point is on how you lost friend circles over a game franchise's unpopularity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just now, TheIcePrincess said:

Yet, you're the one judging my character. 

Note, I wasn't mocking you. I'm just saying, there's a cruel irony in you saying "strength of friendships" when your point is on how you lost friend circles over a game franchise's unpopularity.

He's saying you don't get to speak on it.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

He's saying you don't get to speak on it.

Tis why I'm not. I was never concrete. Just hypothesizing. 

And if that was a double meaning jab, I found it funny.

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Tis why I'm not. I was never concrete. Just hypothesizing. 

And if that was a double meaning jab, I found it funny.

It wasnt but I'll take credit for being a genius all the same.

1 minute ago, TI Inspire said:

If you get no kills or assists in a game, you should get no experience points.

What if we made it so it's impossible someone gets no kills and no assists going forward?

9 minutes ago, Twis7ed said:

What if we made it so it's impossible someone gets no kills and no assists going forward?

The assumption I'm going to work with is that an executive only tangentially involved in the development of CoD, but still highly important due to their position, sucks at CoD and doesn't want to suck at CoD anymore. Ergo, mechanics explicitly designed to level the playing field are given serious consideration.