Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I've been saying quite the opposite. Reach has too many utility weapons. I want exactly 1. What I'm saying is that I don't think you're going far enough with your hypothetical changes. 

Is there a real reason to have 1? And I think you’re using the words utility weapon too much here. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Arlong said:

Is there a real reason to have 1? And I think you’re using the words utility weapon too much here. 

What do you think utility means?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

What do you think utility means?

Basically a powerful weapon that takes skill that we spawn with lmao. The definition of utility is being “useful” multiple functions etc. 

it’s kinda obvious he’s talking precision weapons regarding halo.

Share this post


Link to post

Sometimes I wish reddit well mainly the Halo one didn’t exist because then all the idiots on that site wouldn’t be able to dictate terrible changes for the game/series..let them just use waypoint where 343 never looks.

Instead of the situation we have now where whenever they whine there 343 fixes shit..when was the last time they bothered checking this site.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Why is it important to have one utility weapon?

Let’s rephrase this. Why’s it important to have one precision weapon outside of the sniper? 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, thdyingbreed said:

Sometimes I wish reddit well mainly the Halo one didn’t exist because then all the idiots on that site wouldn’t be able to dictate terrible changes for the game/series..let them just use waypoint where 343 never looks.

Instead of the situation we have now where whenever they whine there 343 fixes shit..when was the last time they bothered checking this site.

Because tbh were all sweats. We’re the minority population. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Let’s rephrase this. Why’s it important to have one precision weapon outside of the sniper? 

That’s not important at all (having one precision weapon outside the sniper rifle).

I ask you again, why is it important to only have one utility weapon?  

Share this post


Link to post

I'm struggling to think of a way to properly articulate this...egh….

The point of a utility is to be useable in all situations the niche map weapons are, and be capable of engaging and winning over those weapons in the right situations, but not the best choice in any of them and clearly countered in other situations.

This is still kind of preserved with multiple "utility" weapons in the context of the greater sandbox, but it's problematic.  Like a Magnum and a DMR can both challenge a Sniper Rifle but that relationship can only properly be balanced around one of these guns while leaving the other at a much larger disadvantage.  Making it much less effective as a true utility weapon.

And then you have these different "utility" weapons even countering each other based on slight on-paper differences, no matter how subtle.  You cease to have a single jack-of-all-trades gun, every weapon just ends up being varying degrees of specialized.

You could argue that the middleground of these weapons is the true utility gun, and the others are niche guns, but that's still not great game design because while there's clear cut difference between a BR and a Sniper Rifle with very obvious counter-play, something like BR vs DMR comes down largely to random factors like were you one foot closer or further from them or who shot first in order to win the TTK race or did random spread happen to be just tight enough to let you use it within the other weapon's niche or so on.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Arlong said:

Because tbh were all sweats. We’re the minority population. 

Nah.

I’ve always considered the waypoint/reddit kids the true minority because of the vast exodous of the player base that started after everyone started realizing how completely garbage Halo Reach(excluding V7) is/was and all the classic Halo fans never returned to the series especially after 3 shit games in a row.

And even then it’s completely ridiculous that 343 has literally blacklisted this site instead of looking at a place for valuable feedback because they can’t handle critism.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

@Ramirez77 What did you think of the relationship between the BR and Carbine in H3?

Not great not terrible. Carbine didn't need to be in multiplayer really. The br should've just not had spread.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Boyo said:

@Ramirez77 What did you think of the relationship between the BR and Carbine in H3?

I can't even tell what the proper niche is for either compared to each other and I think that's a problem.  Like Carbine has faster projectiles but I'm pretty sure also less accuracy? But I never really went out of my way to use it.  It's at least a little bit better designed than the other various "utility weapons" in that it's firing rate gives it a unique descope advantage so there's at least some justification for it to exist.  But ultimately I don't see the point in it or think it's healthy for the game.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

What are the benefits of a slower firing, three round burst weapon vs a faster firing, semi automatic weapon in a game with the descope mechanic?

Hold on, we’re getting some breaking news from our reporter in the field.  What is it, Joeseph?

 

  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

I think generally our disdain is directed at the upper management most of the time.

Nah I specifically hate the person that does door opening audio. Fuck that person. Ruining Halo.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, thdyingbreed said:

Nah.

I’ve always considered the waypoint/reddit kids the true minority because of the vast exodous of the player base that started after everyone started realizing how completely garbage Halo Reach(excluding V7) is/was and all the classic Halo fans never returned to the series especially after 3 shit games in a row.

And even then it’s completely ridiculous that 343 has literally blacklisted this site instead of looking at a place for valuable feedback because they can’t handle critism.

Regardless of opinion the fact is we are the minority. This isn’t up for debate. The Reddit kids are also the Twitter people 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone have, or know how to get an instant respawn gametype with nbns settings?

I really wanna play octagon.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jmacz said:

Anyone have, or know how to get an instant respawn gametype with nbns settings?

I really wanna play octagon.

Cloudy cloud 

 

look him up on 'find player'

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Problems for mcc pc.

1. The games aim assist is way to high, and because of this controller players dominate, and regardless of mouse input not being perfect(future update is coming for this) it’s still a big fuck you to pc gamers.

2, lack of Auto starts. I don’t like them, but them being in social isn’t a big deal and 343 needs to cater to casuals in some way. If they don’t like ar/pistol starts in btb etc they’ll simply revert them back.

3. Lack of join in progress and friends option(apparently coming in an update) this is one of halos most liked features.

4. No server/custom game browser. It’s ridiculous that it’s taking 343 this long to add such a feature when we know of two halo games that have them, Eldewrito and h2 project cartographer, so as of now any modding is basically useless if the majority of the fan base will never get to try them. 
 

5. Title update. This game needs another title update. The autos and other weapons need to be buffed for the current meta to not seem so over powered. The DMR could use a range nerf to 2X. 343 needs to realize this. 
 

6. Team beyond. We as a competitive can’t always act like we’re the best, everyone’s trash and wrong, it’s one of the reaSons 343 doesn’t listen to people here, because of that mentality. If you’re an elitist snob telling the poor why they’re poor they’re not going to listen to you(Because most likely that person didn’t go from poor to rich) . 
 

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Arlong said:

it’s one of the reaSons 343 doesn’t listen to people here, because of that mentality.

Yeah I am sure it's not just them giving zero fucks about stuff 100 or so people have to say when making a game for multiple million people.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Yeah I am sure it's not just them giving zero fucks about stuff 100 or so people have to say when making a game for multiple million people.

And again you prove why they don’t listen to anyone here. You believe  you’re right, with no real truth. You gotta be a bit more open minded a little less conservative. 

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Arlong said:

And again you prove why they don’t listen to anyone here. You believe  you’re right, with no real truth. You gotta be a bit more open minded a little less conservative. 

No he's right. We're usually the people to say what halo needs and then years later or the next game 343 finally does it, but its always too little too late. Look at the h5 comp settings. They were finally in a decent spot when h5 was dropped and who knew, it was all shit we asked for pretty much day 1. Remove ARs remove radar, remove abilities! !!!! crazy!

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, znot said:

No he's right. We're usually the people to say what halo needs and then years later or the next game 343 finally does it, but its always too little too late. Look at the h5 comp settings. They were finally in a decent spot when h5 was dropped and who knew, it was all shit we asked for pretty much day 1. Remove ARs remove radar, remove abilities! !!!! crazy!

The problem is how people went about asking for them. I wasn’t here when you guys asked for them but from my time here I can tell it wasn’t in the most respectful manor. 

and even so! That’s only for one playlist, a lot of the supposed needs never take into account the other side aka casuals. Like come on some here have deliberately said they think ARS should be weak AF to the point where if you used the utility/precision weapon I should have basically 3/4 or half my shields left. That’s not thinking of the other guy. Sure this may be a halo forum for those who prefer competitive halo(it’s why I’m here too many scrubs on reddit)  but if people here want changes to halo as a general whole, you’ve gotta think outside the box. You’re lying if you’d be ok playing these modded game types with the same 3 people. Deep down you want those settings for halo in general, but aren’t sure how you could convince these game devs at the top.

when it comes to weapon balance what halo 5 has now isn’t too bad. I’d like something similar for infinite 

Share this post


Link to post

In real life when explaining things you need to set a proper tone. You can’t sound rude and disgusting, people will not want to listen to you. That’s how people here sound when giving criticism. Yes you may be right, but you need to present yourself properly, or the results you want will not happen! 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.