CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Because it’d still be more accurate and have a bigger magazine? Also I’d prefer if the pistol had no bloom and no zoom.

And okay...it’s fine for Race gametypes. A thousand apologies.

Right but then the pistol is a waste of time. Like it was in h3. Honestly hate the idea of having more than one utility.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Right but then the pistol is a waste of time. Like it was in h3. Honestly hate the idea of having more than one utility.

Not if you keep the faster RoF, faster TTK, and faster draw time.

I hated the H3 magnum as well. That's not at all what I'm looking for.

Just now, Hard Way said:

Not if you keep the faster RoF, faster TTK, and faster draw time.

I hated the H3 magnum as well. That's not at all what I'm looking for.

Ugh, just combine the two then. You're essentially taking the h1 pistol and making it two guns. What is the point?

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

Ugh, just combine the two then. You're essentially taking the h1 pistol and making it two guns. What is the point?

They're already two guns, dude. Did you forget that Reach has both a DMR and a Pistol? I'm not inventing anything here. I'm suggesting what I'd like to see changed with them. How about instead of continually misconstruing my posts, you explain why the status quo is better than what I suggested?

I am not against the idea of a rifle like the DMR and the pistol co-existing, esp when the pistol is projectile and the DMR hitscan to give players more specific tools for the right situation.

10 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

faster draw time

Are unique draw times something we want for Halo?  I am of the opinion that whether you are pulling out a Magnum or a Rocket Launcher that they should both come up near instantly.  

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

They're already two guns, dude. Did you forget that Reach has both a DMR and a Pistol? I'm not inventing anything here. I'm suggesting what I'd like to see changed with them. How about instead of continually misconstruing my posts, you explain why the status quo is better than what I suggested?

I've been saying quite the opposite. Reach has too many utility weapons. I want exactly 1. What I'm saying is that I don't think you're going far enough with your hypothetical changes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Are unique draw times something we want for Halo?

No. Keep it consistent, and make it faster than it has been.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I think having it slightly slower on the utility to prevent cheesy snipe bodyshot + utility headshot combo is fine. Rest should be faster I agree.

9 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

What about melee time, range, damage?  Unique for each weapon or universal across the board?

1 minute ago, Basu said:

I think having it slightly slower on the utility to prevent cheesy snipe bodyshot + utility headshot combo is fine. Rest should be faster I agree.

So the weapon you are switching to and from most often is slowest?  Booooooo-urns.

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

What about melee time, range, damage?  Unique for each weapon or universal across the board? 

So the weapon you are switching to and from most often is slowest?  Booooooo-urns.

CE does it and it's perfect so SHUT

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

What about melee time, range, damage?

Also universal. Two hits, but the lunge is nerfed. Easy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Basu said:

CE does it and it's perfect so SHUT

That’s where 343 got the inspiration for all these unnecessary animations.  

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Also universal. Two hits, but the lunge is nerfed. Easy.

Should the Sniper Rifle be hitscan?

@Basu

GPMA has the capacity to be better than Combat Evolved in every category with mods. You've only scratched the surface and it's already arguably better than what the community has had to burden through for the last nine years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, S0UL FLAME said:

@Basu

GPMA has the capacity to be better than Combat Evolved in every category with mods. You've only scratched the surface and it's already arguably better than what the community has had to burden through for the last nine years.

It's already better in 4v4 and objective because the spawn system isn't aids lol. Now if only we could get a lobby going.

And yeah it's the best Halo I've ever played because sadly no one LANs CE around where I live.

• Like (+1) 1

The reason these mods will never be great is because you will never have a significant number of players playing them.  They can be the best settings in the world but no one wants to play 3 man FFAs with the same people all night.  

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

The reason these mods will never be great is because you will never have a significant number of players playing them.  They can be the best settings in the world but no one wants to play 3 man FFAs with the same people all night.  

It's true, but at least these dumb ideas have become tangible and playable.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I had more fun playing 3 man FFAs all night than reading any of your posts about power gloves or other shitty ideas that will equally never be great (or start to exist).

• Fire (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Should the Sniper Rifle be hitscan?

Yes. Along with the rest of the sandbox, because I don't trust 343 to make a good enough netcode for projectiles.

Here, read the following.

The utility weapon, whatever shape and form it may take, should be a 100% accurate single shot, have a one second perfect kill time, and a two second max kill time. The skill it should take to get a perfect kill should be considerable, which would make its average kill time around 1.6 seconds. Now, for this to be ideal, the base movement speed and strafe need to be smooth and fast, so players can outgun their opponent, or opponents, thus giving a large amount of individual empowerment. Every other weapon needs to be balanced around this gun, and should not have a kill time faster than it, unless it is a Power Weapon. This essentially means that at a certain point, someone can be so good with this weapon that they won't need anything else other than Power Weapons or Power Ups. And that's where my next point starts.

Rockets, Sniper, Shotgun, OS, Camo. These are highly contested items in the sandbox, and are usually in places where teams frequently fight each other. In my personal vision of Halo, my tweaks are as follows; The Rocket Launcher would fire slowly, requiring a full second for the next rocket to fire, and would have decent splash damage. The Sniper Rifle would have a considerable but static upward recoil after firing, to teach players to aim for the head rather than doing two body shots. Shotguns will never kill in one shot, which means people will need to be close enough for a melee followup, or stay back enough for two shots, which gives the other player a chance to fight back. I want two versions of the Overshield, one that makes you invulnerable while it slowly gives you one layer, and the other will give you two layers instantly. Camouflage will only keep you fully cloaked when you are moving, and the noises you make aren't dampened by the Power Up, which means players have sound to look for it instead of straining their eyes.

Niche Weapons would have to be functionally easy, but their kill times nowhere near the perfect kill time of the utility. The Sentinel Beam would be this weak but incredibly suppressive poke at players to keep their shields from charging. The Plasma Rifle would need its stun back, along with its shots having no random spread. The Grenade Launcher will only kill a player if it is right on top of the grenade, and would have half of the splash radius of the Rocket Launcher. The Concussion Rifle would have its rate of fire and damage decreased, but its propelling capabilities doubled, effectively making it your own personal rocket jump or plasma wall climb from Quake.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I had more fun playing 3 man FFAs all night than reading any of your posts about power gloves or other shitty ideas that will equally never be great (or start to exist).

I wasn’t dissing you.  I went through the same struggles of having Halo settings I knew were better but no one wanted to learn them and play them.  If you’d like to discuss anything I posted please respond in the appropriate thread cock boy.

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I wasn’t dissing you.  I went through the same struggles of having Halo settings I knew were better but no one wanted to learn them and play them.  If you’d like to discuss anything I posted please respond in the appropriate thread cock boy.

It's all good, just felt like it would be fun to call you out.
But tbf with that mindset you will always have to wait for 343 to nail it and that will never happen...

8 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

It's all good, just felt like it would be fun to call you out.
But tbf with that mindset you will always have to wait for 343 to nail it and that will never happen...

343 isn’t some singular monolith.  Multiple people who were “just forgers” now work there.  Do I have hope for the future of Halo?  Absolutely not.  These people don’t have nearly the influence they would need, even if they knew the perfect direction to take Halo in BUT I do feel bad lumping them in with “343 dumb” crowd.  

I think generally our disdain is directed at the upper management most of the time.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I think generally our disdain is directed at the upper management most of the time.

That’s fair.  While I would rather go big or go home, I can’t hate someone for being content with mediocrity if that keeps them their job.  I mean, what are you supposed to do on a game with established core gameplay?  “I can do my job best by doing nothing at all?”  No, here are some radical changes that don’t fit within the established Halo gameplay but it certainly makes me look like I am doing something.  And keep cashing my paycheck.