CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

19 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

That is the worst looking and worst named console of all time.

Um

GameCube-Set.jpg

To quote the Master Chief "what the fuck is this controller it's like fucking lego"

Also it's compleltely subjective. I think a tiny little tower is excellent. 

The name... well... lol. When has Microsoft ever held a naming standard.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Cutting 3x to 2x would reduce the RRR. But yes, reducing magnetism and unscoped RRR would help even more. I'm still convinced that the only real issue is map design. Hemorrhage has no business being in matchmaking. That map is an abortion being propped up by nostalgia and a lack of discerning taste and gameplay scrutiny. 

I think the population of btb that could be balanced for intelligently is unbelievably small. Its just a bunch of people with no hands running around pressing buttons and no matter the map rotation or weapons they're going to get smacked by someone and whatever that person does will now be OP in their eyes

Also bro I thought that was a fake youtube video until I click it lol @ the xbox above. I guess my desk space is cool with it though

Microsoft is terrible at naming things. I thought Project Scarlett sounded, but Xbox Series X? That's too many X's man.

I don't think it looks that bad; looks like a mini PC Tower. The only design choice that seems kind of weird is the slit across the bottom left. Can't tell if that's the disc tray or not (didn't watch the press conference). I hate putting discs in sideways.

I do think they could've thought of a better name though. Some people were throwing around names on Twitter like Xbox Infinite and stuff like that and it sounded much better.

19 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

I don't think it looks that bad; looks like a mini PC Tower. The only design choice that seems kind of weird is the slit across the bottom left. Can't tell if that's the disc tray or not (didn't watch the press conference). I hate putting discs in sideways.

I do think they could've thought of a better name though. Some people were throwing around names on Twitter like Xbox Infinite and stuff like that and it sounded much better.

They said it's designed for vertical and horizontal. I'd say that they would have engineered the shit out of it and that is the arrangement with the best cooling. I'm surprised it even has a disc tray but I'm glad to see it. 

9 hours ago, Hard Way said:

This is actually an excellent solution.

Is it? Why not just get rid of the dmr then if you want to reduce it's effective range to that of the pistol? 

8 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Cutting 3x to 2x would reduce the RRR. But yes, reducing magnetism and unscoped RRR would help even more. I'm still convinced that the only real issue is map design. Hemorrhage has no business being in matchmaking. That map is an abortion being propped up by nostalgia and a lack of discerning taste and gameplay scrutiny. 

Hemorrhage, or hee-mo-rage as I like to call it is fun for race gametypes and fuck you if you disagree.

4 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Um

GameCube-Set.jpg

To quote the Master Chief "what the fuck is this controller it's like fucking lego"

Also it's compleltely subjective. I think a tiny little tower is excellent. 

The name... well... lol. When has Microsoft ever held a naming standard.

am I reading this wrong or is there GameCube & GC Controller slander on my forum?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Infinity said:

am I reading this wrong or is there GameCube & GC Controller slander on my forum?

tenor.gif

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Killmachine said:

GPMA IS SICK

You know what? I'm just gonna say it:

CE > Reach GPMA > H2 > NBNS Reach > H3 > H5 > H4

• WutFace (+0) 1

50 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

What if when odst is ported modders create a pvp mode

9 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

That is the worst looking and worst named console of all time.

I think it's the best looking console ever made. No joke.

I want to build a PC in it so bad.

1 hour ago, Basu said:

You know what? I'm just gonna say it:

CE > Reach GPMA > H2 > NBNS Reach > H3 > H5 > H4

What is Reach GPMA and do you have a video of the gameplay?

11 minutes ago, xSociety said:

What is Reach GPMA and do you have a video of the gameplay?

It stands for Gold Pro Mod Arena, a mod Sitri has been working on with me, Warlord Wossman and Killmachine testing it. The name started as a meme but kind of stuck. You also joined the GoldPro discord right? It's the PC mod we've been playing all week. Basically: Faster strafe + movement, complelte sandbox overhaul, no melee lunge, 3sk projectile pistol starts, fixed the obnoxious viewmodels, CE style grenades, faster shield recharge and many more changes. We're trying to get 4v4s lobbies going this weekend if you're interested. It takes less than two minutes to mod the game if you have the steam version and customs have been a blast so far.

Gameplay can be found on the channel:

17 hours ago, Basu said:

RRR and scope magnetism are actually separate variables lol. But 100% agree, it's garbage like Hemmorhage and Paradiso's mountain that drives the dumbasses to claim the DMR is OP.

Isn't it funny that we now have Blood Gulch, Coag, Bloodline AND Hemmorhage in the same collection? Halo is back.

Cmon man I know they’re separate, but if you cut 3x scope to 2x, it’s implied that you’re reducing RRR alongside it. But 2x would make descope battles less obnoxious too. I forgot how much harder it is to recover with 3x.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Is it? Why not just get rid of the dmr then if you want to reduce it's effective range to that of the pistol? 

Hemorrhage, or hee-mo-rage as I like to call it is fun for race gametypes and fuck you if you disagree.

Because it’d still be more accurate and have a bigger magazine? Also I’d prefer if the pistol had no bloom and no zoom.

And okay...it’s fine for Race gametypes. A thousand apologies.

• Thonking (+0) 1

It only took them five years to fix everything and give us what we should have gotten day one.

Buy Halo 6 though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

I don’t expect 343 to make any balance changes to Reach. That’s not a knock on them; the game is nearing 10 years old and is only the first in a series of 4 other games to be released on MCC. And this is all while Infinite is released less than a year from now.

I understand maybe there’s some balance issues with Reach on PC but I just can’t see them wasting dev time tuning a decade-old game that they didn’t even make.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NavG123 said:

I don’t expect 343 to make any balance changes to Reach. That’s not a knock on them; the game is nearing 10 years old and is only the first in a series of 4 other games to be released on MCC. And this is all while Infinite is released less than a year from now.

I understand maybe there’s some balance issues with Reach on PC but I just can’t see them wasting dev time tuning a decade-old game that they didn’t even make.

Haven't been super active on the forum the last year but I'm not used to seeing non-shit posts by you. Just when you think you know a guy...