Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

I've been trying to play Reach on M+KB for the past week to try to accomodate to the weird way it feels. I'm at my fucking wit's end. Somehow this is the only FPS on PC that feels absolutely sluggish and it doesn't help that everyone who uses controllers has a crazy advantage in midrange battles. My experience is worsened by constant in-game freezes, massive frame drops and significant screen tearing on even mid-settings. I have a higher-end gaming PC, this kind of stuff shouldn't be happening. I thought this shit was publicly tested, what the fuck 343? I really do want to enjoy this game but it's torture to play.

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Go play it on an XBox one. Other then the occasional lag which is consistent with every other game I have. I think this has been the most successful “launch” including the initial TU and Reach. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, ILJC1992 said:

Go play it on an XBox one. Other then the occasional lag which is consistent with every other game I have. I think this has been the most successful “launch” including the initial TU and Reach. 

I know you mean well, but telling someone who bought a PC game to go play the same thing on Xbox really sheds light on how shitty the situation is. I shouldn't have to go somewhere else to get the optimal experience (literally somewhere else because my console is in a different city). How can I trust 343 to launch Infinite on PC next year if they can't even nail down mouse aiming in this? There is so much reference material for them to work with that it's really unacceptable for it to launch in this state. It's no 2014 MCC, but can you imagine this being the first Halo you've played since 2 on Vista or CE 18 years ago? It's such a bad first impression in my opinion that there really is no reason for me not to go back to playing much higher quality experiences like Overwatch, CSGO, or RS: Siege (regardless of what you think of these games' competitive merits, at least they're consistent and stable). Again, I'm not taking a sleight at you or anything, just furthering my point with your friendly suggestion.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post

Guys make sure to vote for DMR starts for Postum's twitter poll. Don't let these AR kids win anything.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ThievinStealbrg said:

I know you mean well, but telling someone who bought a PC game to go play the same thing on Xbox really sheds light on how shitty the situation is. I shouldn't have to go somewhere else to get the optimal experience (literally somewhere else because my console is in a different city). How can I trust 343 to launch Infinite on PC next year if they can't even nail down mouse aiming in this? There is so much reference material for them to work with that it's really unacceptable for it to launch in this state. It's no 2014 MCC, but can you imagine this being the first Halo you've played since 2 on Vista or CE 18 years ago? It's such a bad first impression in my opinion that there really is no reason for me not to go back to playing much higher quality experiences like Overwatch, CSGO, or RS: Siege (regardless of what you think of these games' competitive merits, at least they're consistent and stable). Again, I'm not taking a sleight at you or anything, just furthering my point with your friendly suggestion.

Honestly that’s been my experience with PC gaming in general. I find that outside of mod support on games like Skyrim. It’s almost universally better to just play on my console. Especially now with Mouse and keyboard support on my Xbox. I can have the advantage of mouse and key without the hastle of PC.

  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, ThievinStealbrg said:

I've been trying to play Reach on M+KB for the past week to try to accomodate to the weird way it feels. I'm at my fucking wit's end. Somehow this is the only FPS on PC that feels absolutely sluggish and it doesn't help that everyone who uses controllers has a crazy advantage in midrange battles. My experience is worsened by constant in-game freezes, massive frame drops and significant screen tearing on even mid-settings. I have a higher-end gaming PC, this kind of stuff shouldn't be happening. I thought this shit was publicly tested, what the fuck 343? I really do want to enjoy this game but it's torture to play.

343 is doing an update this week or next to improve the input according to active a halo streamer. He got a DM from a 343 employer

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Guys make sure to vote for DMR starts for Postum's twitter poll. Don't let these AR kids win anything.

Dude stop, it’s already done we’ve been fucked with an 18 inch dildo with spikes because of AR scrubs. 

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

343 is doing an update this week or next to improve the input according to active a halo streamer. He got a DM from a 343 employer

That's great, but only half the problem. Aim assist on controllers is massive and needs to be toned down. I guess we'll see how the MKB vs. controller dynamic changes with the update but as it stands, it needs nerfing.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ILJC1992 said:

Honestly that’s been my experience with PC gaming in general. I find that outside of mod support on games like Skyrim. It’s almost universally better to just play on my console. Especially now with Mouse and keyboard support on my Xbox. I can have the advantage of mouse and key without the hastle of PC.

LMAO.

 

7 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Guys make sure to vote for DMR starts for Postum's twitter poll. Don't let these AR kids win anything.

Truly a sobering reminder that the majority of the Halo player base has never been even remotely good at any of the games.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hot damn postums life is depressing I go in to check on the poll and he’s talking about his sons custody and shit.

save that for personal stuff sheesh, not your work twitter(because postums obviously isn’t your real name) 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, arglactable said:

LMAO.

Go play Batman Arkham Knight on the PC, or the original Halo PC port, or street fight, saints row, dark souls, street fighter 2. Or any of the other shitty PC ports. Very cute response though

Share this post


Link to post

Luckily postums is disagreeing with most of these want AR start kids. Maybe the solution is to nerf the DMR range to 2X. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Damn one guy got so mad he made a comment “no wonder your wife left you” 

dmr starts win the poll

honestlu the Saar/Starts would be ok only if the CE pistol from the anniversary would be the default. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ILJC1992 said:

Go play Batman Arkham Knight on the PC, or the original Halo PC port, or street fight, saints row, dark souls, street fighter 2. Or any of the other shitty PC ports. Very cute response though

So, your argument for why PC and the huge list of objective advantages it has over consoles (and the vastly larger game library going back decades) is a "hassle" is that... some half-assed console-first ports exist? Stunning. And I'll bet, like on consoles, there was no way for the community to modify any of those games to improve the experience when the publisher wouldn't, right?

Laughs in CSGO console port

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Right now the main issue is BTB dmr starts rendering vehicles useless. I want to try out AR/pistol starts, because I think the TU pistol isn’t bad. 

  • Downvote (-1) 5
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Guys make sure to vote for DMR starts for Postum's twitter poll. Don't let these AR kids win anything.

Notice the replies versus the actual results. Majority vote DMR. Majority of the replies are Pro-AR. AR kids are loud but not common.

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, arglactable said:

So, your argument for why PC and the huge list of objective advantages it has over consoles (and the vastly larger game library going back decades) is a "hassle" is that... some half-assed console-first ports exist? Stunning. And I'll bet, like on consoles, there was no way for the community to modify any of those games to improve the experience when the publisher wouldn't, right?

Laughs in CSGO console port

My point was I personally would rather deal with the disadvantage of console play, then try and play developer for broken PC games ok. Not that there aren’t advantages to PC play. I’ve weighed the options for my own personal enjoyment and would rather slip a disc into a slot and play. Over Mods, community developed bug fixes.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Notice the replies versus the actual results. Majority vote DMR. Majority of the replies are Pro-AR. AR kids are loud but not common.

I'd like to think its because if a reasonable human stops and considers the question for a moment they'll realize that if you spawn without a DMR but one team picks them up on the map you can do literally nothing but get shit on unless the other team makes huge mistakes

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Arlong said:

Right now the main issue is BTB dmr starts rendering vehicles useless. I want to try out AR/pistol starts, because I think the TU pistol isn’t bad. 

I'm not seeing why this is an issue. Is it more fun when literal morons can fly around the map in their unstoppable vehicle getting free kills until someone finally stops them with their designated Anti-Vehicle Power Weapon™? I can't remember the last time Halo vehicles were this tolerable.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

If they made BTB AR starts I would never play it again. I don’t even wanna play FFA anymore because of AR starts. 

These ****** AR kids would play one match of BTB AR starts and as soon as the other team monopolizes the DMRs and Needle Rifles and proceed to snowball, they'd realizes how asinine it was to even suggest anything other than DMR starts. 

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, arglactable said:

I'm not seeing why this is an issue. Is it more fun when literal morons can fly around the map in their unstoppable vehicle getting free kills until someone finally stops them with their designated Anti-Vehicle Power Weapon™? I can't remember the last time Halo vehicles were this tolerable.

It’s called weapon balance. It’s not either the vehicles are hot garbage or OP noob cannons. If the vehicles were useful but not unbeatable that would be good.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, arglactable said:

Truly a sobering reminder that the majority of the Halo player base has never been even remotely good at any of the games.

That's all popular games though. Why do you think Destiny is so popular despite being the most boring game ever?

Because you can "progress" up the ranks without actually getting better. You can get to the "harder" areas through playtime over skill increase.

> Enemies lose 10% of their health per rifle round. 

> "Oh sweet a new rifle this one is so much better than my old one!"

> Kill the last 3 enemies in area at 15% damage per rifle round.

> WoW iM sOoO gOoD nOw

> Proceed to new area.

> Enemies are exactly the same but "higher level"

> Enemies lose 10% of their health per rifle round.

> WoW iM lEvEl 40 i Am So GoOd 

> Still shit at the game.

10 minutes ago, arglactable said:

I'm not seeing why this is an issue. Is it more fun when literal morons can fly around the map in their unstoppable vehicle getting free kills until someone finally stops them with their designated Anti-Vehicle Power Weapon™? I can't remember the last time Halo vehicles were this tolerable.

I agree with this with the exception of the warthog. It is basically useless in Reach. Whilst a lot of people hate vehicles and play BTB only for a target rich environment rather than combined arms, I feel the warthog should be stronger. You can so easily kill the driver/gunner/passeneger to the point where it's a death trap. Social players love capping flags in 'hogs, love driving around in it and I get that. They shouldn't be as heavily punished as they are at the moment.

Having said that, there is nothing more satisfying than killing the Banshee just by shooting at it with your starting weapon. Hate that thing so much.

 

Also, if they made it AR starts with DMR secondary the AR crowd probably wouldn't notice. They are legit that bad. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I'd like to think its because if a reasonable human stops and considers the question for a moment they'll realize that if you spawn without a DMR but one team picks them up on the map you can do literally nothing but get shit on unless the other team makes huge mistakes

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Notice the replies versus the actual results. Majority vote DMR. Majority of the replies are Pro-AR. AR kids are loud but not common.

To be fair all the replies are pc players and doesn’t seem to be much Xbox. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.