CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

7 hours ago, Sitri said:

It has the same spread as the ZB DMR, just to make the crosshair look a bit better. It's pretty insignificant in practice.

But why. Just give it no spread

26 minutes ago, Riddler said:

You act like the spread in reach is noticeable half the time. 

2 hours ago, Riddler said:

So you actually have some space in the center of your crosshair and it's not just a giant cross with a pixel in the middle.

2 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

I'm sure there's a way to modify the look of the reticle without affecting spread.

If you find out a way to do so, let me know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:27 PM, darkstar said:

The biggest show of 343’s incompetence is that they still have not addressed the AFK issue, which is as simple a fix as getting rid of rolling matchmaking and/of kicking players for extended inactivity. 

30 minute ban for two quits in the same session seems like an obvious idea. I also have no idea why they have a 20 or 30 second postgame lobby that will kick everyone and restart search. Instead of maintaining the lobby like in old Reach. Or why there is no option to exclude servers from search. It's not uncommon for 7 oceania players to be on a West US with one american. I know most  players are american so it's difficult to appreciate how big of a problem that is but god damn, it's such a simple problem to fix.

• Like (+1) 1

IDGAF what anyone says, to me, Reach just isn't fun

It was fun back nine years ago when it was new and shit, but I hate it now lol

• Like (+1) 1

Reach is bad, there's no getting around it.

Even if you remove armor abilities, even if you remove bloom, even if you increase movement speed, the dev maps are absolutely terrible and the Forge palette is physically painful to look at for more than three minutes. Reach needs a huge overhaul by the modding community.

• Like (+1) 5

12 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Reach is bad, there's no getting around it.

Even if you remove armor abilities, even if you remove bloom, even if you increase movement speed, the dev maps are absolutely terrible and the Forge palette is physically painful to look at for more than three minutes. Reach needs a huge overhaul by the modding community.

We're getting there gameplay wise, then the next step is to inject better looking tags and textures so we can create forge maps that actually look good. Honestly we can just throw out all the dev maps IMO. Makes it easier to just mod one map. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Played a few games of Reach so far. A couple MLG playlist and a few social games(Team Snipers and TU Slayer). ZBNS is literally the only way this game is playable to me. Team Snipers was tolerable, but holy shit is this game awful with bloom. I seriously don’t understand how people enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently 343 is adding a patch to make mouse input amazing, according to active who said he got a DM from a 343 employee and it should release this week or next.

1 hour ago, Darkomantis said:

I have a question: Why is there so many threads/comments complaining about Controllers & AA vs MKB?

The AA is really high and mouse users stand no chance. The mouse input isn’t bad but it’s not over watch or CS perfect.

this is about overwatchs new precision input feature and I think all games especially halo needs this shit! 

I was feeling inspried by the mod to enable forge by changing the code so I went off to try it with theater and....

F9B920C266449EED924E07A31FC197364E62A19E

d7ba499893ac5563548c571cb6177eb2.png

DAMN IT!

• Simms (+1) 1

2 hours ago, znot said:

I was feeling inspried by the mod to enable forge by changing the code so I went off to try it with theater and....

DAMN IT!

If is was that easy that would be all over youtube lol. But I find it amusing that they added full forge to PC just to hide the menu selection. Like... just enable it and say it only supports controllers for now? Not that hard.

• Like (+1) 3

Does anyone remember the old reach 2v2 flag warmup map that was basically just a box with dmr snipes? Been trying to find it to download but havent had any luck

1 minute ago, infraction said:

Does anyone remember the old reach 2v2 flag warmup map that was basically just a box with dmr snipes? Been trying to find it to download but havent had any luck

GT: jb neckzilla

12 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Me: Having fun

Team Beyond: You're wrong. 

I mean I'm having fun at times too but I'm also not going to pretend like this isn't the game that started the decline of the entire franchise.

Just now, Mow said:

I mean I'm having fun at times too but I'm also not going to pretend like this isn't the game that started the decline of the entire franchise.

It's ok next year we can #Refinishthefight

Also we can play Halo 1 ported to PC back to xbox then back to PC.

Also we can play Halo "SMG starts weren't a good idea" 2.

4 hours ago, znot said:

DAMN IT!

Hahajshshahs

Does anyone know why I keep getting only a very select few maps? I have not played a single game of Boneyard or Spire. The vast majority of BtB maps I'm getting are Breakthrough some other map that starts with Break.

• Thonking (+0) 1

43 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

Does anyone know why I keep getting only a very select few maps? I have not played a single game of Boneyard or Spire. The vast majority of BtB maps I'm getting are Breakthrough some other map that starts with Break.

This is what happens when the random map selector doesn’t work so well.