Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Can you add me to the discord for this

There were a couple of links on the last page.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

You know, I never thought that Reach would ever do good things for Halo, but then I didn't know about Halo 4 and 5 at the time, so it's just as well that the revival starts somewhere.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man, where's all the forge maps for Reach? I've yet to play Un/Caged or Pinnacle. I've played Asylum and Tempest once. I instead play Anchor 9 and Condemned every other match with the occasional sprinkling of Power House, Zealot, Countdown.

Weighting for maps is just bad right now.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, darkstar said:

I for the life of me cannot understand why they just won’t add a veto system already. 

Data shows more people quit and it takes longer to get into games.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Data shows more people quit and it takes longer to get into games.

At this point I don't think it would matter, considering the amount of quitters and AFK players seems to be at an all time high.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Data shows more people quit and it takes longer to get into games.

Maybe for voting, but veto? When's the last time we had veto anyway, 2009? Kinda horseshit logic IMO. Voting is/was obviously cancer but veto is perfect.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Data shows more people quit and it takes longer to get into games.

this is about as dumb as the population counter excuse

"people don't search playlists when they see that's it's a low population"

if that were even remotely true Halo 3 would have been dead after Reach launched. And Reach would have been dead after H4 launched. Yet they're still kicking even troday on 360. PPL search playlists first, they don't just see a number and give up hope to search.

 

You know what else shows more people quit? team of 4's matching fucking solos. but 343 is okay with that..

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Also what the hell is with 343 removing Bungie's message at the end of H3 and now Reach? starting to annoy me, they went as far as to include their names on the box art and on Steam but then do a 180 just to cut their messages at the ends...

It's not your game 343 let it stay. I know you hate bungie but jeez, hell they even removed Marty from the ODST easter egg. Marty has no idea why they did!

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, znot said:

this is about as dumb as the population counter excuse

"people don't search playlists when they see that's it's a low population"

if that were even remotely true Halo 3 would have been dead after Reach launched. And Reach would have been dead after H4 launched. Yet they're still kicking even troday on 360. PPL search playlists first, they don't just see a number and give up hope to search.

 

You know what else shows more people quit? team of 4's matching fucking solos. but 343 is okay with that..

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Also what the hell is with 343 removing Bungie's message at the end of H3 and now Reach? starting to annoy me, they went as far as to include their names on the box art and on Steam but then do a 180 just to cut their messages at the ends...

It's not your game 343 let it stay. I know you hate bungie but jeez, hell they even removed Marty from the ODST easter egg. Marty has no idea why they did!

To be fair it’s not completely untrue. People will feel less courage to go into a playlist if it has less people. If one has 30000 compared to this one with 300, it’s likely that person would choose the higher populated playlist. BUT that doesn’t mean a population counter should go away, just not a playlist one.

hells in real life ask yourself do you feel more confident to do the thing no ones/barely anyone is doing or what the majority are doing? Heck’s I know in some situations where getting seconds at a meal place is embarrassing until everyone is doing it, but at the end of the day someone’s gotta start the trend. 
Or the typical “I’ll go if you go with me” 

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

To be fair it’s not completely untrue. People will feel less courage to go into a playlist if it has less people. If one has 30000 compared to this one with 300, it’s likely that person would choose the higher populated playlist. BUT that doesn’t mean a population counter should go away, just not a playlist one.

hells in real life ask yourself do you feel more confident to do the thing no ones/barely anyone is doing or what the majority are doing? Heck’s I know in some situations where getting seconds at a meal place is embarrassing until everyone is doing it, but at the end of the day someone’s gotta start the trend. 
Or the typical “I’ll go if you go with me” 

A lot of people are like that but it's a Shitty fucking mentality and online should die 

Share this post


Link to post

To be clear, I am not defending it. Personally I don't like vote as you end up playing the same maps over and over but veto was nice because every time I saw Team Duals on Snowbound I wanted to neck myself. Also the delay in pressing X to when you vote counted was a great way to know the connection you were about to play on...

11 minutes ago, Arlong said:

To be fair it’s not completely untrue. People will feel less courage to go into a playlist if it has less people. If one has 30000 compared to this one with 300, it’s likely that person would choose the higher populated playlist. BUT that doesn’t mean a population counter should go away, just not a playlist one

5 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

A lot of people are like that but it's a Shitty fucking mentality and online should die 

A lot of people want to get into a game with a good connection quickly. Best way to do that is to pick the one with the most people. Additionally if you're new, you will see all the people in there and think "that must be good if that many people are in there".

It's not anxiety against being a trailblazer or bReAk ThE mOuLd, it's just logic. 

> I want to play some Halo
> That playlist (hopper lul) has 70% of the current players in it
> I will find games quicker there
> I will choose that playlist.

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

The biggest thing that's ruining the game for me is that 343 Industries didn't invest in a in-game friend system for the PC MCC. You can't easily add people from your matches or add anyone as friends just from looking at their profile unless you commit towards adding them on Steam/Xbox(microsoft store). It honestly feels so lonely after several games if you're trying to focus on the game rather than reaching out on discord/forums/etc. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

@FrankieFourShot Did we just run into you in matchmaking tonight?

Ffourshot with the #4 as your service tag? Miss you old friend <3 Spent way to long trying to figure out how to contact you...then I thought you might be here...

Share this post


Link to post

The biggest show of 343’s incompetence is that they still have not addressed the AFK issue, which is as simple a fix as getting rid of rolling matchmaking and/of kicking players for extended inactivity. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

We managed to get a lobby together to play some 2v2s with the mod! Strafe and aim assist have been retuned, armor abilities now drop on death, 115% movement speed across the board and more changes. Note: Needler is meme state in this build.

Again, anyone interested in joining here is the discord invite: https://discord.gg/w4wXgwA

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

It blows my mind that when 343 designed the armor unlock system for Reach, they decided that the player should get a firefight voice before they're allowed to receive any shoulder pads or chest pieces.

Honestly, if you HAD to revamp Reach's unlock system, I almost wish they just gave us like three random pieces of gear every level up. At least then, low level players would end up looking different to each other. With a healthy amount of armor you can only unlock from completing certain tasks as well, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, thdyingbreed said:

Does the pistol still have spread in that mod also pretty cool that you can change it from projectile to hitscan without 343.

It has the same spread as the ZB DMR, just to make the crosshair look a bit better. It's pretty insignificant in practice.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Sitri said:

It has the same spread as the ZB DMR, just to make the crosshair look a bit better. It's pretty insignificant in practice.

So no spread good to know.

How does the Sniper Rifle feel is it still very easy to use due to the magnetism or does it being projectile fix that?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, thdyingbreed said:

So no spread good to know.

How does the Sniper Rifle feel is it still very easy to use due to the magnetism or does it being projectile fix that?

The projectile helps a lot.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy.