CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I must be insane for liking the CE remakes. I get that they're not made for reachs balancing but... I don't know. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I must be insane for liking the CE remakes. I get that they're not made for reachs balancing but... I don't know. 

I think Penance is fine for casual play where you can just port a bunch and run around doing whatever. That map gets really bad when two teams are playing to win

• Like (+1) 2

The thing is Damnation played great with the CE sandbox, and especially in a faster 2v2 format. In 4v4 Reach it's just a mess. That being said I enjoy whatever the new name for Battle Creek just as well as I've always enjoyed Battle Creek. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Yeah, countdown has its problems 

It's existence for example.

1 hour ago, Hully said:

The thing is Damnation played great with the CE sandbox, and especially in a faster 2v2 format. In 4v4 Reach it's just a mess. That being said I enjoy whatever the new name for Battle Creek just as well as I've always enjoyed Battle Creek. 

Battle Canyon. I think it's my favourite Reach map.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Basu said:

So @Sitri has been working hard on a sick mod for Reach. 3sk projectile pistol, fixed viewmodels, fixed OS, nade changes, better strafe and faster shield recharge. The mod is in beta stage right now and we'd love more people to come on and test it.
(strafe has actually been nerfed since because it was way too easy to just spam left-right)

If you're interested in joining and have the PC version then feel free to join the goldpro discord: https://discord.gg/ApbZMp

Full gameplay videos coming tomorrow.

This is really cool. If nothing else, mods will keep Halo alive. 

21 minutes ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

How the hell can you STILL not join custom games that have already started?

That would make too much sense. Maybe few more years and it'll be a thing along with a server browser. :lxthul:

3 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

That would need FUNDAMENTAL changes to the code. Game was coded in time when hardware restrictions would not allow that. Now it would take too much resources we need to put in other projects.

Did i do alright ?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

a game started up today and i didnt load in. was sent an invite and was able to join at least. 

As promised, full gameplay with the mod. Note that aim assist was cut in half plus stronger strafe so expect a lot of missed shots from all players lol we're not actually that trash at the game.

Also it's kind of low on the action because it was only a 3 player FFA.

• Like (+1) 3

Splash damage/radius on the rockets looks a little small @6:10.  How many Pistol bodyshots kill?

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Splash damage/radius on the rockets looks a little small @6:10.  How many Pistol bodyshots kill?

Rockets and player health are unchanged, that shot was likely just some wonky forge interaction. Pistol is 5 shots to the body.

19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I think he had OS. 

Yes just checked he def had OS I was like "what???" in voice chat. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just wow, @Basu. Halo Reach has Evolved already. That GoldPro mod looks absolutely amazing. I'm a bit jealous of all the modding options lol. I guess I'll have to start using my PC again.

• Like (+1) 1

I wish there was a way to play this mod on Xbox. :( Imagine if all the values you are tweaking could apply to a custom game in the custom games browser and there was cross-play.

Aiming almost looks a little too frustrating for a controller, but maybe it feels better in practice.

Sitri tweaked the AA again, it was definitely excessively low in this build. 

• Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Boyo said:

3 layer OS was in play, ideally would have a visual indicator but that would have 100% killed normally because rocket damage and splash were not touched.

37 minutes ago, timeforkoalas said:

I wish there was a way to play this mod on Xbox. :( Imagine if all the values you are tweaking could apply to a custom game in the custom games browser and there was cross-play.

Aiming almost looks a little too frustrating for a controller, but maybe it feels better in practice.

The problem is that we're modding the *.map files. Unless 343 adds a way to patch maps on Xbox (lul) or makes all the changes options per gametypes I don't see this coming to Xbox sadly.

There is almost one year since I played Halo. Longest break ever. I have been watching Naded (what a great streamer he is) playing Reach and I feel the urge to play again! 

• Like (+1) 1

Reach is soo smooth without the film grain and motion blur. For a 9-year-old game it holds up graphically. If I didn’t know, you could tell me it was an Xbox One game and I’d believe you. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Hemlax said:

I woudlnt worry about this bulshit too much. I think 343 is done tweaking Reach settings in any major way. They got their hands full of other Mcc relases AND Infinity. 

If anything, we will get trough all this again with Infinity. Now is the time to enjoy Reach for what it is and while it lasts.

Let them bitch

There are still things I'm optimistic we can improve. Mostly gametype settings things. We're probably not getting ZB across the board, but we can probably get a massive increase to DMR starts in FFA, 100% DMR starts in obj (if we don't already), better respawn times in obj, better territory placement, score limits, arm times, sequential headhunter rotations, things like that. Duck has proved to be pretty reasonable about getting this stuff implemented in the past. So, it can and likely will get better, but it'll likely just be improving upon what we already have.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

There are still things I'm optimistic we can improve. Mostly gametype settings things. We're probably not getting ZB across the board, but we can probably get a massive increase to DMR starts in FFA, 100% DMR starts in obj (if we don't already), better respawn times in obj, better territory placement, score limits, arm times, sequential headhunter rotations, things like that. Duck has proved to be pretty reasonable about getting this stuff implemented in the past. So, it can and likely will get better, but it'll likely just be improving upon what we already have.

Sure. Every improvement is very welcome. I was just reacting to people freaking out about those reddit and waypoint posts.

Thing is, Team Hardcore is so good already i am not worried about social settings too much.

What worries me a bit is, that eventually TH will be populated only by elite players, as it has been on 360. Hope i am wrong.

I am not an elite player, not by far, but i still despise abilities, sprint, ar starts and all the things that are present in social. Thats why i am enjoyng myself so much right now.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Basu said:

As promised, full gameplay with the mod. Note that aim assist was cut in half plus stronger strafe so expect a lot of missed shots from all players lol we're not actually that trash at the game.

Also it's kind of low on the action because it was only a 3 player FFA.

Can you add me to the discord for this

• Thonking (+0) 1