CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

13 minutes ago, arglactable said:

"lol. DMRs don't take skill. Real skill is winning bullet hose melee fights and running across giant open areas to the nearest boom boom before bee-lining the objective. Maybe if you played something other than OP DMR starts, you would know something about Halo." -SpartanTimmy117 (0.32 K/D)

a52.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You've gotta understand that Reach is the last known era before the b.net kids went extinct so the nostalgia brought them back. They're shit at the game, have no idea about balancing and have awful ideas but that's the shit they like so they're going to come out in full force and complain about it. This is a perfect example of bungie's cultivated community split where they actively enforced the idea that that kind of gameplay was good and that sweaty players were bad. For everyone new welcome to the shit show

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

i just want to speak with these people in vc

Yeah but you don't tho. Not unless you have braincells you'd rather live without.

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Honestly? I think /r/Halo is the worst. That's counting Waypoint and the way B.net used to be.

I don't inherently hate /r/Halo, as I think there should be a place that's all encompassing. Casual, competitive, 4v4, BTB, campaign, lore, Halo Wars, etc. Just anything and everything Halo. That being said, the amount of 343 apologists, pro sprint and pro AR kids that populate the subreddit is somewhat expected, but a pretty good reason why I don't post there as much these days. I fought the good fight speaking out against sprint and abilities and shit for a long time. After a while though it's mentally draining and ultimately completely pointless.

I woudlnt worry about this bulshit too much. I think 343 is done tweaking Reach settings in any major way. They got their hands full of other Mcc relases AND Infinity. 

If anything, we will get trough all this again with Infinity. Now is the time to enjoy Reach for what it is and while it lasts.

Let them bitch

• Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hemlax said:

I woudlnt worry about this bulshit too much. I think 343 is done tweaking Reach settings in any major way. They got their hands full of other Mcc relases AND Infinity. 

If anything, we will get trough all this again with Infinity. Now is the time to enjoy Reach for what it is and while it lasts.

Let them bitch

exactly were talking about a company that launched mcc in 2014 and came back to it in 2018 to finally fix it because of xbox one X sales and PC

Reach isnt fortnite

EDIT : Woah!!! Thanks for the gold kind stranger!1!!1!! For you have bestowed internet fame upon thy hands... thank ya UwU  YOU'RE BREATHTAKING, NO YOU ARE BREATHTAKING!!!!!!!!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 1

17 hours ago, Riddler said:

make sure ur using bumper jumper and not universal bumper jumper

Maybe this is why I have to change grenades with the arrows and not the A button on Halo 3?

After 24 hours finally got into Team Hardcore and everyone said it feels like a different game... and they were right. I love it.

Also people need to take less notice of the AR kids. The SMG kids spammed the forums when MCC came out and 343 removed SMG starts and increased the weighting of BR starts in Halo 3 regardless.

The silent majority prefers BR/DMR starts just like the silent majority prefers no sprint.

Just breeds negativity bringing that shit over here and bitching about it.

• Like (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, Basu said:

So @Sitri has been working hard on a sick mod for Reach. 3sk projectile pistol, fixed viewmodels, fixed OS, nade changes, better strafe and faster shield recharge. The mod is in beta stage right now and we'd love more people to come on and test it.
(strafe has actually been nerfed since because it was way too easy to just spam left-right)

If you're interested in joining and have the PC version then feel free to join the goldpro discord: https://discord.gg/ApbZMp

Full gameplay videos coming tomorrow.

So awesome.  What's the current projectile travel speed set to for the pistol?

3 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

90 instead of 2000. It should match the CE pistol if our calculations are correct. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

This is cool. Can't wait to experiment with this.

There is a ton of cool stuff in there, much more than shown in those videos.

Rockets have no aim assist on players, DMR is 4sk with 12 rounds per mag, DMR scope is 2x not 3x, pistol has 12 rounds per mag, sniper scopes are 2x and 8x (like CE iirc) and some more experimental stuff. Currently it's an early version of the mod but we need players to test, so feel free to join the discord if you think this is cool!

• Like (+1) 2

Were there maps added in well after the launch that were designed by 343? I can't remember when I stopped playing, but I know I never played Breakpoint.

24 minutes ago, Hully said:

Were there maps added in well after the launch that were designed by 343? I can't remember when I stopped playing, but I know I never played Breakpoint.

Breakpoint was in the first DLC, which was made by Bungie.

343/Certain Affinity made Condemned, Highlands, and the CEA maps.

Just now, Sitri said:

Breakpoint was in the first DLC, which was made by Bungie.

343/Certain Affinity made Condemned, Highlands, and the CEA maps.

That's weird, I know I played well after the first DLC, but I don't seem to remember ever playing Breakpoint. 

6 minutes ago, Hully said:

That's weird, I know I played well after the first DLC, but I don't seem to remember ever playing Breakpoint. 

Probably because nobody bought that DLC.

• Like (+1) 2

Loving that we can play ZBNS in the 1v1 section of match composer, but Countdown needs to be removed from that pool.

10 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Loving that we can play ZBNS in the 1v1 section of match composer, but Countdown needs to be removed from that pool.

Yeah, countdown has its problems 

Finally got on to play some Hardcore, and I got Penance twice. I hate Reach for making me hate a remake of a map I loved so much in CE. I called it a night after two games.