CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 hour ago, Exidrion said:

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO BE STANDING STILL TO CROUCH WAS THIS ALWAYS A THING I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT WAS.

its always been a thing. only ce and h5 can u move to crouch

15 minutes ago, TI Inspire said:

What fucking idiot set banshee flip to the X button on bumper jumper? It's supposed to be left bumper smdh.

make sure ur using bumper jumper and not universal bumper jumper

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Clearly you guys just don't understand game mechanics.

The AR is balanced as a melee-enhancing weapon. You spray an enemy and by the time you're in melee lunge range he's either dead or low enough to be killed by a melee. Of course you're not going to get cross-map kills with it. You're not even supposed to consistently reliably get cross-map kills with the DMR. Halo is, has, and always will be a mid- to short-range combat game. The competitive playlists like swat and hardcore are there for people who DON'T like the mid to short-range gameplay of ARs and vehicles. But it's not supposed to be the default.

Learn your mechanics.

Trust me little guy, we understand them just fine. It's why we stick to good settings.

Then again, who am I to say anything? I absolutely love not being able to contest anything off spawn! It's so much fun! Power weapons are supposed to be POWERFUL to the millionth degree! It's actually amazing to epicly PWN noobs with on-map BRs/DMRs while enemies have no means of fighting back! Um, it's earned because I FOUND it learn to control weapons better haha :^)

If that's what you think Halo should be, keep it far the fuck away from me. Also big fat LMAO at saying vehicles fall under "mid-to-short-range combat". Have you ever piloted a Scorpion, Chain Gun Hog, or Gauss Hog? Have we been playing the same games? Seriously dude, put your inability to preform aside for one second at look at the game as a whole.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny how everyone is shooting the messenger. Also arg catching negs when he was clearly joking. 

48 minutes ago, Basu said:

It's funny how everyone is shooting the messenger. Also arg catching negs when he was clearly joking. 

Clearly you haven’t watched spartan 300 😅

7 hours ago, FeaR said:

Read a book you sprint haters LOL HAHA ROFL imagine walking when you are a 6'8 Fucking militarized space man killer

Chief is 6'9 250 lbs fully tatted and yet can't even run and shoot at the same time? What a fucking loser lmao.

• Like (+1) 3

Shout-out to that guy also being fine with just an increase in base movement instead of insisting that sprint is the only way to speed the game up. You know, like a moron would argue.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Or why you should continue to vote for education funding well after you or your kids are in school.

Throwing more money at an already broken system of educating people won’t change anything; its a banaid fix at best. 

We could give 343 a billion dollar budget and they’d still put out a trash game in all likelihood.  

13 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Clearly you guys just don't understand game mechanics.

The AR is balanced as a melee-enhancing weapon. You spray an enemy and by the time you're in melee lunge range he's either dead or low enough to be killed by a melee. Of course you're not going to get cross-map kills with it. You're not even supposed to consistently reliably get cross-map kills with the DMR. Halo is, has, and always will be a mid- to short-range combat game. The competitive playlists like swat and hardcore are there for people who DON'T like the mid to short-range gameplay of ARs and vehicles. But it's not supposed to be the default.

Learn your mechanics.

You're aware that you can only hold two weapons in Halo, right? So if you're getting pinged by a sniper on the map at long range and you're carrying an AR and shotgun (because that's all that was available to you), what are you supposed to do? Just sit there and take it on the dome?

Halo is a game where you're supposed to be at least competent at all ranges, all the time. That's why guns like the pistol, BR, and DMR exist.

Of course, Halo is also a game where maps aren't supposed to cover half the god damn planet, but that's another problem.

38 minutes ago, darkstar said:

We could give 343 a billion dollar budget and they’d still put out a trash game in all likelihood.  

We're gonna find out about that next year.

• Like (+1) 1

Yo wth is up with these post of people defending bloom and requesting AR starts on reach of all games. I feel like I got transported back to 2011, feels terrible. It's like the Halo community game mechanic comprehension just took a collective nose dive. Why do I have to explain why Auto starts in BTB is an awful idea that not even the likes of Bungie dared to implement? Why is bloom still a debate in 2019? We're so f'd as a series. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 3

9 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Trust me little guy, we understand them just fine. It's why we stick to good settings.

Then again, who am I to say anything? I absolutely love not being able to contest anything off spawn! It's so much fun! Power weapons are supposed to be POWERFUL to the millionth degree! It's actually amazing to epicly PWN noobs with on-map BRs/DMRs while enemies have no means of fighting back! Um, it's earned because I FOUND it learn to control weapons better haha :^)

If that's what you think Halo should be, keep it far the fuck away from me. Also big fat LMAO at saying vehicles fall under "mid-to-short-range combat". Have you ever piloted a Scorpion, Chain Gun Hog, or Gauss Hog? Have we been playing the same games? Seriously dude, put your inability to preform aside for one second at look at the game as a whole.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You're aware that you can only hold two weapons in Halo, right? So if you're getting pinged by a sniper on the map at long range and you're carrying an AR and shotgun (because that's all that was available to you), what are you supposed to do? Just sit there and take it on the dome?

Halo is a game where you're supposed to be at least competent at all ranges, all the time. That's why guns like the pistol, BR, and DMR exist.

Of course, Halo is also a game where maps aren't supposed to cover half the god damn planet, but that's another problem.

Thought the post was absurd enough on its face for this forum that it didn't warrant a /s tag–my mistake.

But, that was a legitimate from r/Halo: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Toxic (+1) 1

The worst part is that there ARE in fact AR starts in social FFA and slayer. Plus bloom is only reduced by 15% in the TU. These idiots are already being catered to in any way possible way yet still complain and try to ruin the game even further for the rest of us. Oh well, I'll be in the hardcore playlist, Goldpro customs and PC competitive mods. As far away as possible from these brainlets.

6 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Thought the post was absurd enough on its face for this forum that it didn't warrant a /s tag–my mistake.

Relay my post if it's meant for a different guy, I have never seen you post here so my b.

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

I came very close to responding to your post but my /s senses were tingling. 

1 hour ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Bro I've got B.net/Waypoint PTSD, I can't tell anymore :wutface:

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

The entire multiplayer feedback thread on waypoint is getting spammed by AR kids :wutface::mj:

Waypoint is basically the only Halo related thing I don't actively look at. How is it in comparison to the subreddit?

15 minutes ago, Basu said:

The entire multiplayer feedback thread on waypoint is getting spammed by AR kids :wutface::mj:

Yep we’re fucked

5 minutes ago, Hully said:

Waypoint is basically the only Halo related thing I don't actively look at. How is it in comparison to the subreddit?

More 343 drones, more AR start bks, less swat kilamanjaros getting 20k upvotes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hully said:

Honestly? I think /r/Halo is the worst. That's counting Waypoint and the way B.net used to be.

30 minutes ago, Basu said:

I’m trying my hardest to not stat check all of these first lieutenant AR kids. I swear Halo is the only series where the low skilled players think they should have a greater voice then the series veterans.

Or that the lower skilled players don’t realize that they’re not very skilled at the game. Super toxic I know but it’s infuriating watching a honest to god level 4 (I brought the game on steam yesterday) lecture to you about halo game mechanics. 

• Fire (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

I’m trying my hardest to not stat check all of these first lieutenant AR kids. I swear Halo is the only series where the low skilled players think they should have a greater voice then the series veterans.

Or that the lower skilled players don’t realize that they’re not very skilled at the game. Super toxic I know but it’s infuriating watching a honest to god level 4 (I brought the game on steam yesterday) lecture to you about halo game mechanics. 

"lol. DMRs don't take skill. Real skill is winning bullet hose melee fights and running across giant open areas to the nearest boom boom before bee-lining the objective. Maybe if you played something other than OP DMR starts, you would know something about Halo." -SpartanTimmy117 (0.32 K/D)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1