CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

mnk is NOT the fucking wave, holy shit i want to cry because i am SOOOO DOG MEAT

the crying is mostly from OU letting baylor comeback

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, xboxdigger 94 said:

Do you match PC players when playing on xbox? I hope not.

No, but PC players get to deal with red reticle controller aim lock anyway, which is great. :lxthul:

Additional plus for you, since most of the vaguely serious players are plugging their Xbox controllers into their PCs, I imagine hardcore on Xbox is pretty low key.

• Like (+1) 1

Why is it that when i duo queue in mlg my teammate and I get doormans but when i soloq they know how to use the landings and control bases 

Imagine thinking bloom is a problem when everyone is still spawning with ridiculously OP DMRs. Unbelievable. MLG kids ruining Halo yet again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

No one has been able to explain why spamming a gun in an fps is actually a problem funnily enough. Like, that's the fuckin point. Shoot until you kill the other guy. And it's not like bloom is as good a mechanic as there ever was at preventing spamming since it has so many downsides. You could just...slow the rof of the guns. At least then you'd maintain consistency.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, darkstar said:

Players who wants AR starts are a reminder of why democracy is garbage. 

Or why you should continue to vote for education funding well after you or your kids are in school.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

No one has been able to explain why spamming a gun in an fps is actually a problem funnily enough. Like, that's the fuckin point. Shoot until you kill the other guy. And it's not like bloom is as good a mechanic as there ever was at preventing spamming since it has so many downsides. You could just...slow the rof of the guns. At least then you'd maintain consistency.

It’s because spamming is a form of luck in many cases. It’s annoying depending on the game(fighting games mostly) just spamming one move is annoying. In shooters it’s hard to say.  I’m basically thinking of ways spamming is disliked

pdople don’t hate spamming if there’s some skill to do said spamming. Example recoil control.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Clearly you guys just don't understand game mechanics.

The AR is balanced as a melee-enhancing weapon. You spray an enemy and by the time you're in melee lunge range he's either dead or low enough to be killed by a melee. Of course you're not going to get cross-map kills with it. You're not even supposed to consistently reliably get cross-map kills with the DMR. Halo is, has, and always will be a mid- to short-range combat game. The competitive playlists like swat and hardcore are there for people who DON'T like the mid to short-range gameplay of ARs and vehicles. But it's not supposed to be the default.

Learn your mechanics.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • WutFace (+0) 2

Read a book you sprint haters LOL HAHA ROFL imagine walking when you are a 6'8 Fucking militarized space man killer

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

The AR is balanced as a melee-enhancing weapon. You spray an enemy and by the time you're in melee lunge range he's either dead or low enough to be killed by a melee. Of course you're not going to get cross-map kills with it. You're not even supposed to consistently reliably get cross-map kills with the DMR. Halo is, has, and always will be a mid- to short-range combat game. The competitive playlists like swat and hardcore are there for people who DON'T like the mid to short-range gameplay of ARs and vehicles. But it's not supposed to be the default.

Learn your mechanics.

This is greatly up for debate considering halo 5.

Fucking hell Reddit and Twitter right now. I'm wondering if these are just people who are new to Halo with the PC launch, or if there's just an upsurge in dumb people posting dumb things right now for whatever reason. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hully said:

Fucking hell Reddit and Twitter right now. I'm wondering if these are just people who are new to Halo with the PC launch, or if there's just an upsurge in dumb people posting dumb things right now for whatever reason. 

Probably new people. But this doesn’t look good. Just gotta hope for the best halo one and two don’t get screwed over let alone halom3 

2 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Learn your mechanics.

What a stupid fucking post. Beyond ignorant.

• Like (+1) 2

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO BE STANDING STILL TO CROUCH WAS THIS ALWAYS A THING I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT WAS.

Yeah it's not great. But hopefully the game will get updated before the next game is added. ...Right?

1 minute ago, Exidrion said:

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO BE STANDING STILL TO CROUCH WAS THIS ALWAYS A THING I DON'T FEEL LIKE IT WAS.

I noticed that the other day. Thought it was weird because you can definitely crouch jump while moving in a direction. Just can't crouch while moving.

2 hours ago, ShmaltzyLatkes said:

Learn your mechanics.

Skill gap compression. Make everything a random cone bullet hose that's borderline useless outside of point-blank range and you guarantee that there is only so much a good player can do to set themselves apart. Meanwhile, idiots are free to wander around in the open, searching for shiny new weapons and mining for nose gold irl. It's the casual utopia. In theory.

I'm honestly amazed that precision weapons ever became a thing given how much of a boner a bunch of people at Bungo clearly had for making sure that weapons are never actually consistent. Always justified with goofy rationales about limiting effective range. Of course, the "mid-to-short-range combat" Nerf gun starts game modes have always sucked ass, which is why the precision rifle modes have remained popular.

• Like (+1) 3

Does anyone notice descope not working sometimes? I'll be zoomed in and I'll see the damage indicator pop up WHILE i'm still scoped in, saying I'm getting shot from whatever direction. I haven't been able to record it cause my Game bar is only recording a black screen when I hit the "record 30 seconds button"

and it seems it won't work cause I'm using fullscreen... cool microsoft. fix it.