CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

did anyone end up finding the octagon cause Cloudy cloud has it in his FS from 2010

and the gametype cause for some reason 343 didnt enable instant respawn on Reach but did on H3 MCC.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, znot said:

did anyone end up finding the octagon cause Cloudy cloud has it in his FS from 2010

and the gametype cause for some reason 343 didnt enable instant respawn on Reach but did on H3 MCC.

Thank you, I was just looking for this!

So the FFA Snipes NB game variant is what to use for octagon? (Can't test out myself yet)

29 minutes ago, Noodle said:

Thank you, I was just looking for this!

So the FFA Snipes NB game variant is what to use for octagon? (Can't test out myself yet)

indeed

22 hours ago, Snipe Three said:

Go to network and turn off relays if its on. Most people who can't get a game have it turned on 

This resolved it for me, thank you so much.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, znot said:

I haven't been banned and I have no way to confirm it yet cause penance hasn't come up in queue. And I don't know if it will because I don't have it. Assuming it's still using the old matchmaking system it may just not come up because one person in the lobby doesn't have the map. Meaning it won't pull the map for anyone because I deleted it.

I may be wrong I wanna keep testing. I didn't get that many matches in after removing it. But I guess if I play all day no penance, it works.

Hopefully it's not a bannable offense. I'll take a bullet for it though cause penance is not good!

The only ppl I'm hurting with this modification is the 1% who like penance in it's current state.

until then it belongs here

0ae4c328d8abd3d796bfe47f777fc871.png

This really should be patched ASAP if what you're saying is true. Kind of fucked for the people who want to learn the rotation. People may start deleting more popular maps and in turn fucking the experience further.

However, I doubt this is the case because when people did this in Eldewrito their game would crash when whatever deleted map was selected. If there are that many cry babies, 343 should consider adding a "search for only these maps" option like in CSGO.

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/5/2019 at 3:46 PM, II AdamanT II said:

I turned mine down to 95. The higher levels made distances look strange to me and I kept floating my nades. This is a lifelong console player here so I'm not used to the higher FOVs I guess.

I started Playing on 115-120 from usually playing on 90's range and My Aim is Easier compared to Previously. Having the elongated tunnel vision tightens the aiming and i seem to not have to make as many sweeping movements to stay on target and minimizes the spacial impact of bloom and spread because the narrow crosshair real estate is so confined. For Controllers it makes the Bullet Magnetism feel more effective even if it's just screen orientation. I also Find that it Benefits Thumbstick Acceleration Curves and not having to worry about Deadzones as much. There are a ton of FPS games that had 60 50 and 70 fov on the Xbox 360 era and while those games "felt good" to play because of modern control conventions it always felt clunky and unrefined to excel in aiming performance accuracy with twitching tunnel vision perspective and early Aim design But when i go Back to a bunch of those 7th gen shooters on High FoV even with the same 25 dollar Gamestop 360 Controller Quality Aiming Is considerably more effortless.  Although the models are smaller to look at i dont feel like im slipping around hitboxes as much. So im like a 120 guy now unless im playing a survival horror game then i like that shit in the 60s lmao how can i be scared if i can see out of my ears and walking looks like sprinting

10 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

This really should be patched ASAP if what you're saying is true. Kind of fucked for the people who want to learn the rotation. People may start deleting more popular maps and in turn fucking the experience further.

However, I doubt this is the case because when people did this in Eldewrito their game would crash when whatever deleted map was selected. If there are that many cry babies, 343 should consider adding a "search for only these maps" option like in CSGO.

so after testing it seems it just kicks me back to lobby but the rest stay in the game

edit: honestly I just reenabled the map. Playing with friends isn't a good time to have the map removed and unless were boycotting yeah I don't see a point to remove it. Takes super long to get kicked back to lobby anyway using this method and it's probably deranking me lol

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Based on the wider community/pro player reaction I really doubt we actually play penance but yeah it probably does need to be patched

3 hours ago, znot said:

so after testing it seems it just kicks me back to lobby but the rest stay in the game

Interesting. In OG Reach you could just put all DLC on a USB flash drive and pull it out if a shit gametype came up (Headlong Snipers in Anniversary) and it would select a new map.

Different topic: There are multiple threads on r/halo already complaining about DMR starts and some dumbass actually went out of his way and paid real money to gild them. "A real arena shooter is about picking up weapons off the map huehuehue" they say as they crouch in a corner with their AR out.

• Like (+1) 3

They are not wrong even if Halo is pretty far from a "real arena shooter", shields recharging would be the first thing these people would have to remove if anything.

That said I think this would be a good note for Halo devs in the sense that they should balance weapons that spawn on a map in a way that they are worth picking up to fullfill some sort of role on the battlefield that the starting weapon cannot offer.
Having some sort of rifle that is the same concept as a pistol but better (using this as an example) is bad however since that removes the pistol from the "effective weapon" sandbox, in good AFPS like Quake the starter gun is very weak compared to Halo but it's never entirely useless in the sense that there is no weapon that replaces its exact role despite other weapons partially (!) overlapping with it.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

They are not wrong even if Halo is pretty far from a "real arena shooter", shields recharging would be the first thing these people would have to remove if anything.

That said I think this would be a good note for Halo devs in the sense that they should balance weapons that spawn on a map in a way that they are worth picking up to fullfill some sort of role on the battlefield that the starting weapon cannot offer.
Having some sort of rifle that is the same concept as a pistol but better (using this as an example) is bad however since that removes the pistol from the "effective weapon" sandbox, in good AFPS like Quake the starter gun is very weak compared to Halo but it's never entirely useless in the sense that there is no weapon that replaces its exact role despite other weapons partially (!) overlapping with it.

Yes they're right that AFPS are about map/weapon control, but they are completely cherrypicking when they say "HALO IS AN AFPS SO WE NEED AR STARTS". They don't want to remove reloading and health recharge, or increase movement speed (aside from sprint because immersion), or increase the skill gap in any way and make each weapon occupy a unique niche. They just want to start with an easy to use spray weapon that makes the game an RNG fest and more importantly they want to turn into a super soldier when they pick  up a sniper/gl/rocket/shotgun/sword because people with ARs can't compete with these weapons. That's why "Vanilla H5 had the best weapon sandbox in Halo history" is such a common mindset with these AR casuals.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Yes they're right that AFPS are about map/weapon control, but they are completely cherrypicking when they say "HALO IS AN AFPS SO WE NEED AR STARTS". They don't want to remove reloading and health recharge, or increase movement speed (aside from sprint because immersion), or increase the skill gap in any way and make each weapon occupy a unique niche. They just want to start with an easy to use spray weapon that makes the game an RNG fest and more importantly they want to turn into a super soldier when they pick  up a sniper/gl/rocket/shotgun/sword because people with ARs can't compete with these weapons. That's why "Vanilla H5 had the best weapon sandbox in Halo history" is such a common mindset with these AR casuals.

I don't think people in favor of AR starts know what they're talking about. I was playing BTB with some casuals the other night, and someone brought up a few times how dumb he thought descope was. He didn't play Halo 4, so he wasn't thinking of the consequences of a DMR you can't even descope, while already complaining about the DMR in his hands being too OP.

I've even seen people go as far to say the rockets/sniper are worthless because you can die with them against a DMR.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Sitri said:

I don't think people in favor of AR starts know what they're talking about. I was playing BTB with some casuals the other night, and someone brought up a few times how dumb he thought descope was. He didn't play Halo 4, so he wasn't thinking of the consequences of a DMR you can't even descope, while already complaining about the DMR in his hands being too OP.

I've even seen people go as far to say the rockets/sniper are worthless because you can die with them against a DMR.

Sure, I wanted to at least try to understand what goes on in the mind of an AR start defender, but yeah it usually boils down to lack of understanding in terms of game mechanics and balance. These people literally got what they asked for in H5 and still no one played the game so there's that.

I also think bloom and crouching negating bloom adds even more frustration to a casual trying to use the DMR. No one in NBNS crouches on some rooftop and pings at players across the map.

25 minutes ago, Basu said:

Sure, I wanted to at least try to understand what goes on in the mind of an AR start defender, but yeah it usually boils down to lack of understanding in terms of game mechanics and balance. These people literally got what they asked for in H5 and still no one played the game so there's that.

I also think bloom and crouching negating bloom adds even more frustration to a casual trying to use the DMR. No one in NBNS crouches on some rooftop and pings at players across the map.

They have a misguided belief that there will be more "variety" in AR starts, because people might be more inclined to pick up the shittier weapons instead of pressing Y off spawn and making a beeline to the nearest DMR or NR spawn to actually begin playing. They also want to be invincible any time they pick up a power item or get into a vehicle. If a normal player can outplay them, that's bad game design.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, xSociety said:

The SUDDOTH aiming special:

Lmao dude uses a controller on destiny two he’s not a m and k guy 

I must say I'm having a lot of fun in the Reach Hardcore playlist.  The only issue I am consistently having is going black screen and being booted back to the main menu in the middle of a match.  Ive tried verifying my local files but the problem persists.

I know I sound like a broken record but having a section for multiplayer Leaderboards is a must in my eyes.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Lmao dude uses a controller on destiny two he’s not a m and k guy 

He was using a controller in this clip.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

They still need to add raw input since the sensitivities feel different on higher fov

• Upvote (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

PC version keeps crashing for me, some UE4 error and there is no easy fix for it from the looks of it.

Really? I’m having no problems so far