CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 minutes ago, Basu said:

I'm so over default Reach already. I give it two more weeks before people start dropping this game left and right.

I'm already over it. Like I want to come back to Halo and have it be my main franchise again. I want Halo to be the game I'm playing every night, but Reach isn't going to do that for me, because it's Reach. None of my friends even give a shit about Halo anymore. My choices are to play Overwatch which I actually love, Apex which is alright, or Minecraft which I do enjoy un-ironically. I can't convince anyone to give Halo a shot again. That's what MCC and 343 did to my friends, a lot of who'm were hardcore into the franchise during the golden age. I'm basically in the Infinite waiting room, crossing my fingers and hoping for that one in a million shot that 343 doesn't pull a 343 again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

9 hours ago, Hemlax said:

What fov are you using guys ?

100. Playing on a laptop on my TV and anything higher looks weird. Anything lower feels like a disadvantage.

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:
9 hours ago, Hemlax said:

What fov are you using guys ?

100. Playing on a laptop on my TV and anything higher looks weird. Anything lower feels like a disadvantage.

I turned mine down to 95. The higher levels made distances look strange to me and I kept floating my nades. This is a lifelong console player here so I'm not used to the higher FOVs I guess.

Bloom already making me want to throw my head through a wall, but its fun playing with mates so whatevs, ZBNS exists when it gets bad.

32 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

200 FoV or bust.

It looks like vehicles are 17km away and when they splatter you on the ultra high FOV

My only hope is that the larger community speaks up about bloom on PC. Like there were apparently 160k players on steam alone. If enough people complain about bloom again maybe something will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr Grim said:

My only hope is that the larger community speaks up about bloom on PC. Like there were apparently 160k players on steam alone. If enough people complain about bloom again maybe something will happen.

Most of those are casuals complaining about the frequency of DMR starts.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Basu said:

I'm so over default Reach already. I give it two more weeks before people start dropping this game left and right.

Not to be "that person", but we literally have a V7 playlist. I get wanting good settings across the board, but you can literally ignore default Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not to be "that person", but we literally have a V7 playlist. I get wanting good settings across the board, but you can literally ignore default Reach.

muh vehicles and non mlg maps

1 minute ago, HeX Reapers said:

muh vehicles and non mlg maps

The people who want to play for vehicles or some of the trash maps in this game deserve bloom as far as I'm concerned.

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The people who want to play for vehicles or some of the trash maps in this game deserve bloom as far as I'm concerned.

How dare you attack me like this

So apparently there's a truck to get into forge as of this moment. Haven't looked it up yet though.

15 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

So... Has anyone had the issue on MCC (Xbox) where they can't get past the title screen? I'm not sure what's going on lol. Every time I hit start on the title screen, the game just freezes but the music continuously plays in the background. Game is fully updated, I've deleted all of my local save data, I've moved all of the game files to a different hard drive, I've completely power cycled the Xbox... Like wtf lol.

I played on PC on Tuesday with no issues whatsoever.. Decided to give Xbox a shot to play with some friends and I can't get this damn thing working lol.

Edit: Nevermind. In the time it took to google if other people were having this problem, search through Reddit, search through Waypoint and post on here.. It finally resolved itself. Apparently the fix for this is to simply let your title screen load for 15 minutes and then it will work. Go figure lol.

15 minutes ago, -DeucEy- said:

So... Has anyone had the issue on MCC (Xbox) where they can't get past the title screen? I'm not sure what's going on lol. Every time I hit start on the title screen, the game just freezes but the music continuously plays in the background. Game is fully updated, I've deleted all of my local save data, I've moved all of the game files to a different hard drive, I've completely power cycled the Xbox... Like wtf lol. 

Dude it would start every Reach game with the start screen open trying to make me quit yesterday. 343 magic for sure 

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Dude it would start every Reach game with the start screen open trying to make me quit yesterday. 343 magic for sure 

Lol I can believe it. Surprisingly, when I played the PC version I didn't experience any issues at all. I was actually pleasantly surprised on how good it felt on there. Playing this game on 105 FOV was pretty damn OD.

11 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Fat reticle that gives you headshots when you aim at the knees. Yea. Oozes skill. 

I love to shit on h2 as much as the next guy but ive never been able to replicate the “aiming at the nuts give headshot” video. 

However i agree h2’s skill is definitely not defined by its aiming.