CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

6 minutes ago, Droid said:

Hey look a game worth coming back to. It feels amazing on Xbox literally what I’ve been waiting years for, is Halo back back back for real this time?

Halo is definitely mom this time. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Droid said:

Hey look a game worth coming back to. It feels amazing on Xbox literally what I’ve been waiting years for, is Halo back back back for real this time?

Problem is that the same bullshit than made people quit Reach in the first place is still there. AAs, Bloom, shit maps, broken vehicle balance etc. Also where the fuck are the Anniversary settings? The only good thing in Reach aside from v7.

After the honeymoon phase ends people are going to be much less hyped about this game.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The thing i like about reach is that my shots count unlike the shit thats is 1-3 mcc online. 

bloom is still the most game breaking mechanic ever done in halo. 

• Like (+1) 3

One thing that majorly sucks about Reach is the lack of visual/audio feedback for landing your shots. There's no tracer, you don't hear shit, and the shield flare is barely visible. It's so difficult to hone in your technique or adjust to network conditions without feedback instructing you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Basu said:

Problem is that the same bullshit than made people quit Reach in the first place is still there. AAs, Bloom, shit maps, broken vehicle balance etc. Also where the fuck are the Anniversary settings? The only good thing in Reach aside from v7.

After the honeymoon phase ends people are going to be much less hyped about this game.

And I don't understand why. Reach could actually be a pretty good game, but its quality is hidden under a pile of gimmicky bullshit. I don't understand why, after 9+ years, that bullshit is still being force fed to us. Would anyone playing Reach actually miss bloom and armor lock and sprint and jetpacks? Furthermore, I agree about the honeymoon phase. I'm glad Halo is relevant again for the next couple of weeks, but Reach isn't what's going to revive the community, only Infinite could do that. It's going to be a pretty dry year, until Halo is either revived, or crushed completely with the new game. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Hully said:

And I don't understand why. Reach could actually be a pretty good game, but its quality is hidden under a pile of gimmicky bullshit. I don't understand why, after 9+ years, that bullshit is still being force fed to us. Would anyone playing Reach actually miss bloom and armor lock and sprint and jetpacks? Furthermore, I agree about the honeymoon phase. I'm glad Halo is relevant again for the next couple of weeks, but Reach isn't what's going to revive the community, only Infinite could do that. It's going to be a pretty dry year, until Halo is either revived, or crushed completely with the new game. 

They should just take v7, add radar and AR secondaries and slap that into every playlist (aside from Action Sack etc. of course) . Not a single fucking soul would complain about the lack of cancerous abilities and RNG shooting mechanics. 

They should at the very least add ZB into the match composer, make it the default and see how many people actually go out of their way to play bloomy sprinty Halo. Guarantee it won't be the majority. 

Also, this is the introduction to Halo for sooo many people on this new platform. Do we really need to give people the idea that THIS is what Halo is about? I can already hear the complaints "hoe doo I sprintt bro" when CE and H2 are added to MCC PC. 

• Like (+1) 7

I kept having an issue in almost each of my games last night while searching Hardcore.  I would go black screen for a short amount of time and then spawn back into the game; or I would go black screen and get kicked back out to the main menu.  It seems Im losing connection mid match repeatedly.  The game counts these as quit losses so it really sucks.  Anyone have any advice or solutions for this problem?

3 hours ago, Basu said:

At least the only ranked playlists are mlg  and invasion. Virtually every streamer is on v7. 

51 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

i want to play halo 1 :)

Of course they wouldn’t update the playlist with the party restriction features. Good lord. Smh 

At the very least, bloom needs a reexamination. No other game on mcc has it the way reach does. It's such a jarring thing when switching between games. 

Either reduce to the point where it isn't a problem for every non auto, or remove it. If we do this and up the player damage for every gun it'll make everything else easier to deal with. 

People will argue that it's changing the reach experience but to me it's just refining it. Bloom really isn't what I care about in reach. It's the diverse modes, abilities, weapons and vehicles. Bloom just gets in the way of that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AkaDemiK said:

Of course they wouldn’t update the playlist with the party restriction features. Good lord. Smh 

who knows maybe it'll be improved when it comes to pc...or not

So apparently they didn't want to use tu settings for invasion because of the needle rifle, yet in vanilla it's utterly worthless as it is. Fuckin thing is like 12 shot kill or something.

Well if anyone on PC fixed the problem where the game instantly freezes upon loading the main menu, hit me up. I've tried re-installing graphics drivers and closing every single third-party app I could but I think it's just broken.

27 minutes ago, 2pro4show said:

Well if anyone on PC fixed the problem where the game instantly freezes upon loading the main menu, hit me up. I've tried re-installing graphics drivers and closing every single third-party app I could but I think it's just broken.

Try disabling whatever antivirus you have and see if that helps.  Obviously don't keep it that way but it will narrow it down.  Similar issue happened for me where it hung for a while but I was able to alt-tab out and there was a notification from Avast that it detected a threat and quarantined it (it was detecting the anti-cheat....). I added an exception and it's been fine since.

26 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Try disabling whatever antivirus you have and see if that helps.  Obviously don't keep it that way but it will narrow it down.  Similar issue happened for me where it hung for a while but I was able to alt-tab out and there was a notification from Avast that it detected a threat and quarantined it (it was detecting the anti-cheat....). I added an exception and it's been fine since.

This solution comes up often but I'm convinced it's a lie and has never solved an issue ever.

Reach came out at a time in my life when I was really busy with work and didn’t have much time to play video games. I hardly played any Reach and never played any hardcore settings. All I remember is hating what little bit of standard multiplayer I did play. 

I played MLG V7 settings for the first time yesterday and I have to say I was really impressed. I can definitely see why a lot of people think ZBNS is the best 4v4 halo experience since H2. I can’t wait to play some more. I really need to learn the maps now.

That being said... my god does bloom really really need to get the fuck out. Even at 85% it’s quite noticeable and BTB would play 1000x better without it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I've noticed the performance on specifically the pit remake in forge is quite a bit under par on both PC and Xbox One (non elite). It took me by surprise. That's probably something that 343 should look to fix before people are playing this for money 

• Like (+1) 2

Loving Hardcore so far. Feels CRISPY as hell and the DMR's a good utility. But here's your daily reminder that Slayer is bad and should not be in competitive play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Loving Hardcore so far. Feels CRISPY as hell and the DMR's a good utility. But here's your daily reminder that Slayer is bad and should not be in competitive play.

I have to agree. Slayer isn't as fun when the guns take so long to kill