CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

13 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Stop bringing up politics lol

At this stage its more like pop-culture reality TV nonsense, but sure.

I've tried both and honestly I'm not feeling like I'm being hindered by a controller. Which is to say, I'm not doing any worse as far as I can tell.

I played Reach for two days (in comparison to hundreds/thousands of hours in Halo Ce-5) and just dropped in a match on PC. I have very limited experience with the game, PC gaming in general, and all the settings. But...damn it looks good. Pleasantly surprised how great this game visually holds up to "modern" titles. If this is what we're in for with Ce-4, I'm very excited. Hopefully they get released pretty regularly now.

Could someone drop some knowledge on me about the controversy with aim assist? Watching Summit and he seems to be upset about it?

Also, what's the deal with Steam achievements? I have all of them on Xbox and the general ones unlocked immediately but ones tied to other games didn't. Assuming they will when those titles are released?

I don't understand this "battlepass" at all. You level up, then you get currency that you have to "spend" to progress the BP. But what you can unlock is tied directly to leveling, and the currency you get is just 1:1 item to currency. Why not just unlock whatever new armor in the background rather than making go through the menus to physically "unlock" it? 

Also, it seems a bit weird to me that they added in a new cosmetic progression system, but everyone's starting at square one. People that have thousands of hours on MCC are the same level as people who just bought the game today. It feels a bit off for 343 to just write off the last 5 years of the game in terms of overall progression.

• Like (+1) 4

Anyone know a fileshare that has the MLG Reach v7 maps and game variants?

EDIT: "MLG Gametypes" has them.

1 hour ago, Hully said:

I don't understand this "battlepass" at all. You level up, then you get currency that you have to "spend" to progress the BP. But what you can unlock is tied directly to leveling, and the currency you get is just 1:1 item to currency. Why not just unlock whatever new armor in the background rather than making go through the menus to physically "unlock" it? 

The idea of the currency system I believe is because you can use points to buy things from past seasons that you may not have earned.

• Like (+1) 1

Mouse aiming is much better. Feels like a proper PC game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And here I thought I was just not used to dealing with bloom? Also shout out to that guy calling this a "problem." Reach needs faster kill times not slower ones.

• Like (+1) 1

So, just played the first three campaign missions with friends. Absolutely miserable. One second lag, stuttering, audio is noticeably bad and muffled in campaign, etc. I'm having fun in multiplayer, though. Finally found my groove on KB&M.

Btw, the menus are just abysmal. They look and navigate like a nightmare. 

5 hours ago, Clutch Rider said:

Any International players having trouble connecting to matches? I downloaded Reach an hour ago and every time I try to play matchmaking, it always fails to connect. I’ve tried resetting my console but still having the same issue.

Turn off relays in Network settings.

32 minutes ago, Jazzy said:

Loving this so far.  

You love reach? Wow what a loser.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hully said:

If you would have told me back in late 2010, early 2011, during the height of my sprint - bloom - armor lock rage, that I'd spend $10 in 2019 to play Reach again, I'd have said you were fucking nuts. Yet here we are. 

Reach multiplayer is actually free. It's the campaign that is $10.

26 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

fuck me I just donated $10 to 343 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Jmacz said:

Anyone have Octagon in their fileshare or know someone who does?

I have Octagon, and I'm hosting or you guys can add me to download. Hit me up via PM or something

Ok didn't know you could change the reticle position. Now, it kind of blows since it's the only way to get the guns to cover less of the screen, but I feel like I'm melting into the fucking ground when playing that way.

46 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Ok didn't know you could change the reticle position. Now, it kind of blows since it's the only way to get the guns to cover less of the screen, but I feel like I'm melting into the fucking ground when playing that way.

You good lol? That don't sound normal. Feeling as if you're melting into the ground..

I'm shocked, the mouse aiming is actually good. Still not quite OW/CS snappy, but it's playable.

Also they edited Boneyard and Spire to not be complete shit in BTB. Closed off the stage 1 section of the maps and removed the OP Banshees. I'm impressed. A friend of mine (xX Overkill VR for those who remember him) made similar edits back in 2011 so it's cool to see that we only had to wait approximately a decade for them to end up in MM.

edit: Boneyard is completely ruined by having two Scorpions but I guess A for effort 343. I appreciate the free 50 - 1 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Are you ducking with me?

Hey look a game worth coming back to. It feels amazing on Xbox literally what I’ve been waiting years for, is Halo back back back for real this time?

• Upvote (+1) 1