CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Reach was well liked. No matter how much people want to ignore that fact.

ehh

c170d650b46f3d2b6aa8cc99dc61e53a.png

70849d3036024dcb111843a61d640348.png

4fb0300b8113a79f16d5f96f2bcb16a3.png

It certainly wasn't as liked as the other halos. Or it would stay number 1! :intensifies:

• Like (+1) 2

I stopped playing Reach for a whole year after the first month it came out and so did most of the people I played with. And I had a large variety of people I played with too, not just really competitive people. Most of them started playing CoD and I started mainly just playing TF2.

Gotta say I am super super excited for Reach now. My social/tourist friends are all super keen. A few of theme bought a black friday xbox just to play they're that excited. They're talking about doing a gaming night/LAN again like it's 2010. I am so hyped now becuase they normally just play singleplayer games and they're all organising Halo days!

Game might not be the best Halo but those times with friends playing TU slayer and CTF and shit are priceless and I am extremely keen for them to return.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Reach was well liked. No matter how much people want to ignore that fact.

oh definitely tho prob also the most hated or 2nd most hated

5 hours ago, znot said:

ehh

It certainly wasn't as liked as the other halos. Or it would stay number 1! :intensifies:

No one is saying it was the most liked.

5 hours ago, znot said:

ehh

1 year averages lol. 2XLHcyr.png

I've been wanting to play bf3 recently. Decent enough game from what I remember. It's no bfbc2 though

• Upvote (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I've been wanting to play bf3 recently. Decent enough game from what I remember. It's no bfbc2 though

I can't stand suppression. Such a dumbass mechanic. BF4 is the better game in terms of gunplay but I miss the vehicles and maps of BF3. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Basu said:

I can't stand suppression. Such a dumbass mechanic. BF4 is the better game in terms of gunplay but I miss the vehicles and maps of BF3. 

Oh you wanted to shoot back? Fuck you. Now have your bullets fly out of the barrel at a 90 degree angle. 

That mechanic murdered an otherwise great game for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Random question, but on Steam it says MCC is $40 (which makes sense) and says it includes all the titles. Yet when I go to Reach's page to purchase just that, it says "Downloadable Content - This content requires the base game Halo: MCC on Steam to play". Surely that's gotta be an error right? Why would you need to buy MCC which includes Reach just to purchase Reach again. 

26 minutes ago, Krone said:

Random question, but on Steam it says MCC is $40 (which makes sense) and says it includes all the titles. Yet when I go to Reach's page to purchase just that, it says "Downloadable Content - This content requires the base game Halo: MCC on Steam to play". Surely that's gotta be an error right? Why would you need to buy MCC which includes Reach just to purchase Reach again. 

all of mcc is $40, base mcc is free (it's the menu). 

1 hour ago, The Tyco said:

Oh you wanted to shoot back? Fuck you. Now have your bullets fly out of the barrel at a 90 degree angle. 

That mechanic murdered an otherwise great game for me.

lol 90 degree angle

Reach was still very popular but it was clearly a step down from Halo 3. There's a lot of reasons why that step happened, not all of it because of stuff like bloom and sprint. 

I do think with performance upgrades, TU settings, and better servers, we will be playing the best version of Reach possible though, and that's good enough for me. If MCC does for Reach what it did for Halo 3, I think Reach will be remembered more fondly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

One thing I remember in reach was if you had a good connection TU felt a lot like zero bloom. The latest servers are just that bad. They need to make the server tick rates 128 or even better than 60. 

Halo music and sprays in Cs Go. That is kinda cool and unexpected way how to promote your game. 

Wonde if there is something more going on between Ms and Valve.

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Reddit still in the nostalgia trip.

mxary8i852241.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

More like idiot trip, these fools think those people are coming back like for real lmao.

36 minutes ago, Arlong said:

More like idiot trip, these fools think those people are coming back like for real lmao.

Well all of my friends who I used to play Halo are coming back for MCC on the 3rd.

So, ya know.

Shut up.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm glad that we get Halo soon...... but man is it me or is there all of the sudden a lot of Reach hype out of no where?

I remember it being a downward slope from Reach on. Sprint/abilities being introduced, Big Team Battle being pushed more, and no legit ranking system were all a huge factor on what felt like the death of Halo.

That being said, I enjoyed when MLG v7 settings came out and actually made the game competitively playable with ZBNS and look forward to giving that a go. And I get it "oh you're a competitive player, what about the casuals?" well I also would play reach casually and felt like the gameplay/mechanics where quite gimmicky and enjoyable/frustrating/random.

I don't know.. I think it's just 'hype' and most of the people will play it for 1-2 months and move on like they did when it came out in the first place. The longevity of Reach was on a bigger decline than compared to H3 and H2, probably also because of competition with COD and other games. But I do really feel like it was the mechanics, game-play, no ranked, and barely any dev support that contributed to this. And at one point it took forever to find games and would start with a 3v4 or 3v3 and the community was what seemed 'dead'. 

Am I alone on this?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Reddit still in the nostalgia trip.

mxary8i852241.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I'm just delighted I'll finally be able to play mlg again. The past week I've been staying up till 1.30am till 2, sometimes half just because that's the only times of day I can find low level games. 

Reach was the Joe Biden of Halo.  Success purely on name recognition.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Reach was the Joe Biden of Halo.  Success purely on name recognition.

I feel like 4 is far more deserving of this since it's population bled away at an astounding rate.