CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Vryst doesn't post for over a week then comes in and triple posts

Still cant believe there is no viable way to run FFA or 1v1 online tournaments in MCC.  I dont think anyone at 343 understands how much of a detriment this is to the game and community.

7 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

I am generally in favor of player activated switches and even stuff like doors that automatically open when somebody comes close which are often used to block long lines of sight in the Quake series for example.

I've wondered why none of the modern indoor maps have incorporated doors like that. We've seem them all over the Halo campaigns since the very beginning. Must be a lag concern, people getting shot through doors and raging.

Bungie tried on Gemini in Halo 2, but they botched it because you had to sit there and wait for the doors to open because those H2 covie doors were so fucking slow. Fail. It needs to be snappy. If the player has to break stride at all between when the door detects him and when it's actually open, it doesn't work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

This is a good example for doors:

Now these doors do open when anybody is close or if you shoot them, but generally you can script doors in many ways in Quake.
Not exactly sure why even H5 only has shitty moving doors despite scripting being in the game if you think that Quake Live is based on Quake 3 Arena from 1999 and that game has such a wide variety of options for cool doors...

• Upvote (+1) 1

How come we can never have interesting maps like that in Halo? O noez, you have to do a bit of platforming for a powerup. How archaic and unfriendly to casuals.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

How come we can never have interesting maps like that in Halo? O noez, you have to do a bit of platforming for a powerup. How archaic and unfriendly to casuals.

Dedicate a button on the controller for it, complete with a lengthy animation, and you got yourself a winner in the casual's books.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The top post on /r/gaming today is, once again, Halo.

And, once again, it is original trilogy.

And once again, the comments are wholly 'I miss Halo' and never mentioning Halo 4/5 once ever.

Halo's cultural impact and relevance in gaming ended after Halo 3, and honestly that's for the  best. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The top post on /r/gaming today is, once again, Halo.

And, once again, it is original trilogy.

And once again, the comments are wholly 'I miss Halo' and never mentioning Halo 4/5 once ever.

Played some BTB Fiesta on H2A Relic                 Remnant today, I doubt anybody will remember aweful crap like spawning with plasma pistol, SMG or needler over and over 10 years from now. The mode is so broken that it encourages suicide to get new weapons since -1 for your team is better than +1 for the enemies which they would for sure get if I was trying to push the kid with beamrifle and rocket launcher with my scary SMG plasma rifle combo.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Played some BTB Fiesta on H2A Relic                 Remnant today, I doubt anybody will remember aweful crap like spawning with plasma pistol, SMG or needler over and over 10 years from now. The mode is so broken that it encourages suicide to get new weapons since -1 for your team is better than +1 for the enemies which they would for sure get if I was trying to push the kid with beamrifle and rocket launcher with my scary SMG plasma rifle combo.

I remember having fun in Halo 2. I remember uninstalling Halo 5.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I remember having fun in Halo 2. I remember uninstalling Halo 5.

I’ve installed and uninstalled that game more than any game in my life man 

14 hours ago, Hully said:

Halo's cultural impact and relevance in gaming ended after Halo 3, and honestly that's for the  best. 

Reach was well liked. No matter how much people want to ignore that fact.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Reach was well liked. No matter how much people want to ignore that fact.

By who? Broadly I wouldn't totally disagree that a bunch of casual people probably liked the game. From a competitive perspective or from a personal one I can attest that Reach decimated the population of my friends list that was playing Halo

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

By who? Broadly I wouldn't totally disagree that a bunch of casual people probably liked the game. From a competitive perspective or from a personal one I can attest that Reach decimated the population of my friends list that was playing Halo

The comp community was very obviously not a majority of the player base though. 

• Like (+1) 2

My friends who were casual Halo fans during Halo 3, none of them disliked Reach. They just moved on from Halo bec were being introduced to more games (mostly COD). MW2 was the hottest thing when I was in high school and Black Ops was huge too. We played Reach from time to time bec we enjoyed it but it wasn't the only game we played like Halo 3 was. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JordanB said:

My friends who were casual Halo fans during Halo 3, none of them disliked Reach. They just moved on from Halo bec were being introduced to more games (mostly COD). MW2 was the hottest thing when I was in high school and Black Ops was huge too. We played Reach from time to time bec we enjoyed it but it wasn't the only game we played like Halo 3 was. 

Sounds to me like they disliked Reach and just weren't vocal about it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

11 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I mean, we played it. And they wouldn't really have a reason to lie. There's no reason to play a game we don't like. 

Did we like Reach as much as H3? No. That doesn't mean we disliked Reach. Unless we're supposed to compare all of our standards to how we enjoyed H2 or H3. But that wasn't what I'm talking about. I'm just saying our general thoughts on a game. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

This. Most people just stopped coming online or went to CoD/BF/PC games/quit playing games altogether. Only on the MLG forums and among my tryhard friends did the game actually get shit on, for the most part it was a silent exodus of the fanbase. Very similar to what happened to H4 after launch, just on a smaller scale.

• Like (+1) 1