CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

@Boyo dude stop thinking getting rid of reload is a good thing. You also can’t be supportive of getting rid of such a thing if you’re ok with overheat. Battlefront 2 is like this, and it’s not the best mechanic.

Halo could totally get away without reloading on anything but the starting weapon. Single-shot snipers, rockets, etc. Then have your starting weapon require a reload but have infinite reserve ammo. There have certainly been worse ideas on these forums.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sitri said:

Halo could totally get away without reloading on anything but the starting weapon. Single-shot snipers, rockets, etc. Then have your starting weapon require a reload but have infinite reserve ammo. There have certainly been worse ideas on these forums.

That honestly sounds dumb and never has been tested. Making sure you have a full clip is a skill, because there’s been times where people forget to do that and it punishes them(well deserved if you ask me) in most scenarios you don’t run out of ammo in your utility 

Just now, Arlong said:

That honestly sounds dumb and never has been tested. Making sure you have a full clip is a skill, because there’s been times where people forget to do that and it punishes them(well deserved if you ask me) in most scenarios you don’t run out of ammo in your utility 

It's been tested in pretty much any arena shooter.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Sitri said:

It's been tested in pretty much any arena shooter.

Yeah no one plays arena shooters so you can stop right there. Halo isn’t a complete arena shooter. In arena shooters you’re constantly moving around, jumping shooting etc. and it doesn’t have a utility weapon, you’re constantly grabbing ammo as you move, so the no reloading works. But it wouldn’t work in halo. Quake is right there buddy. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 2

Yeahhhhh if halonadopted quakes method of no reload it wouldn’t work, because the movement in halo just isn’t fast enough. It literally would be as if you were playing with bottomless clip, with the exception of ammo in the gun. 

13 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Yeah no one plays arena shooters so you can stop right there.

If we're going down that road, nobody plays Halo anymore either.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Sitri said:

If we're going down that road, nobody plays Halo anymore either.

That’s about to change isn’t it? People don’t give a damn about arena shooters but they are interested in halo 

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

That’s about to change isn’t it? People don’t give a damn about arena shooters but they are interested in halo 

lol how? Because Reach aka the worst default Halo is launching in an unfinished state on PC and being added to a game collection that is mostly known for being the biggest PoS launch in AAA video game history? Infinite is also still at least a year away and will probably fall flat just like H5 unless 343 finally got their wake up call and finally  make a worthy successor to the first three games.

Arena shooters are dead because there hasn't been a good one in years that also had strong marketing behind it. The only one that fulfilled that criteria was DOOM which did remarkably well, although the MP wasn't Arena in the slightest and Eternal won't have PvP MP at all.

• Like (+1) 1

In quake it’s 

14 minutes ago, Basu said:

lol how? Because Reach aka the worst default Halo is launching in an unfinished state on PC and being added to a game collection that is mostly known for being the biggest PoS launch in AAA video game history? Infinite is also still at least a year away and will probably fall flat just like H5 unless 343 finally got their wake up call and finally  make a worthy successor to the first three games.

Arena shooters are dead because there hasn't been a good one in years that also had strong marketing behind it. The only one that fulfilled that criteria was DOOM which did remarkably well, although the MP wasn't Arena in the slightest and Eternal won't have PvP MP at all.

To Answer your question yes people are interested in reach. 

26 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Because people would get their ass handed to them in arena shooters but Halo has enough casual gimmicks for people who don't know how to play games to stick around.
Also I feel very skillful when reloading my guns before a fight and if you do it in the wrong moment you totally cannot cancel it right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Because people would get their ass handed to them in arena shooters but Halo has enough casual gimmicks for people who don't know how to play games to stick around.
Also I feel very skillful when reloading my guns before a fight and if you do it in the wrong moment you totally cannot cancel it right?

Sometimes bad timing happens man. It’s simply a balancing tool is what reloading does.

you could be right about that, or it’s the fact they’re boring as hell.

Boring is subjective but I have to agree that most kids call games with a steep learning curve boring these days, that's why we end up with a lot of clones of the same game. Can't be bothered to learn about strafe jumping and skill based movement? Just play some Apesex Legends and shoot some lost kids, means it's a better game ofc.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Warlord Wossman said:

Boring is subjective but I have to agree that most kids call games with a steep learning curve boring these days, that's why we end up with a lot of clones of the same game. Can't be bothered to learn about strafe jumping and skill based movement? Just play some Apesex Legends and shoot some lost kids, means it's a better game ofc.

Apex is a great game tons of strafe abilities and what not. Like you can’t say quake and unreal aren’t obvious clones of one another. Boring may be subjective but it’s a fact majority prefer different types of games. Heck’s even shroud the god said arena games are boring.(and he said halo is as well :(  ) . You’re not exactly the smarter minority I’ll point that out now. 

There's nothing more boring to me than playing a Battle Royale game, running around a huge map trying to find a gun and then die to some bitch-ass camper and then the game is over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Basu said:

There's nothing more boring to me than playing a Battle Royale game, running around a huge map trying to find a gun and then die to some bitch-ass camper and then the game is over. 

Lmao, then don’t play BRS. You act like there’s nothing else to play. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Lmao, then don’t play BRS. You act like there’s nothing else to play. 

Oh trust me I don't. Played like an hour of Apesex and PUBG plus a few matches of CS Dangerzone. Gotta say the CS version is probably the best BR but yeah the genre is definitely not my cup of tea.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Basu said:

Oh trust me I don't. Played like an hour of Apesex and PUBG plus a few matches of CS Dangerzone. Gotta say the CS version is probably the best BR but yeah the genre is definitely not my cup of tea.

It’s not for everyone that’s for sure. Look just saying words and sentences like clones, players not wanting to learn, doesn’t do anything, heck’s it makes you look like a snob, not talking about you specifically but in general how people here seem to act. There’s a sense of superiority that I feel like comes about when we discuss topics like these. 
Arena game’s just aren’t enjoyable for most people, and regardless of ignorant opinions, people enjoy other shooters which just happen to have sprint and ads. I highly doubt those not being in arena games makes them undesirable. In quake it’s basically the same thing. The maps are built with 1v1 combat in mind especially quake champions, it’s the flow of the game, and how it works. Halo has that arena and modern game flow that works, which is why people to this day enjoy the shit out of halo 3 and reach. Idk about you but people don’t hold the negative opinions of reach like they did in 2010. One thing I think people love about halo is the ability to control the map, you can’t do this in quake or other arena games, mostly because of the insane movement and jump shots with the rocket launcher. All in all I do believe reach is going to have a good population especially if that input got fixed, and hopefully raw mouse input is added as well. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

It’s not for everyone that’s for sure. Look just saying words and sentences like clones, players not wanting to learn, doesn’t do anything, heck’s it makes you look like a snob, not talking about you specifically but in general how people here seem to act. There’s a sense of superiority that I feel like comes about when we discuss topics like these. 
Arena game’s just aren’t enjoyable for most people, and regardless of ignorant opinions, people enjoy other shooters which just happen to have sprint and ads. I highly doubt those not being in arena games makes them undesirable. In quake it’s basically the same thing. The maps are built with 1v1 combat in mind especially quake champions, it’s the flow of the game, and how it works. Halo has that arena and modern game flow that works, which is why people to this day enjoy the shit out of halo 3 and reach. Idk about you but people don’t hold the negative opinions of reach like they did in 2010. One thing I think people love about halo is the ability to control the map, you can’t do this in quake or other arena games, mostly because of the insane movement and jump shots with the rocket launcher. All in all I do believe reach is going to have a good population especially if that input got fixed, and hopefully raw mouse input is added as well. 

Ngl I have to go out of my way to talk about Reach objectively and remind myself of how it changed over time because if I don't I'll be overly negative for no reason. Just thinking about that game gives me a bad feeling because of how bad it was on launch. Easily the most frustrating game release for me ever 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

Ngl I have to go out of my way to talk about Reach objectively and remind myself of how it changed over time because if I don't I'll be overly negative for no reason. Just thinking about that game gives me a bad feeling because of how bad it was on launch. Easily the most frustrating game release for me ever 

It’s better since we’re starting off with TU. Sure it be nice if 343 did ZB but then the rest of the sandbox becomes more redundant than it is. Guess we gotta remember this is still reach, and doing so is basically changing the whole game, which tbh I wouldn’t hate. I didn’t start playing halo on a comp level until v7 2012.

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

@Larry Sizemore fuck you, you sack of worthless horseshit, waste of space, corn eating ass bitch!  How dare you start some comment with “god you are so full of shit”, I bet your  ass reads infowars. 

What is this, Mean Tweets?

10 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

The people working on the weapon design these days probably went -20 in social H3 to some kid with a sniper rifle that was timing some power up in 2008 and swore themselves that if they ever get the chance they make sure to water the game down even further and remove as much weapon/map control as possible.
Seriously that is what it feels like tho, ever since Halo 4 they tried to remove the arena feeling more and more and added animations like clamber, hitmarkers, grenade indicators, ADS and all this modern BS to make the game closer to the CoD titles they probably had more fun playing than oldschool Halo.

10 hours ago, Arlong said:

Heh you’re probably right, I mean frank hired people originally who hated halo, whom I bet liked cod more when they were younger. But I can still see a viable argument for autos to be strong but my starting precision should be better. Heck’s I still believe h4 weapon balance was perfect between precision and autos. 

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191234/making_halo_4_a_story_about_.php?page=3

"We had people who we hired who hated Halo because of 'X,'" says O'Connor. "But what that really meant was, 'I feel like this game could be awesome because of 'Y input' that I'm going to bring into it. I want to prove it, and I'm passionate about proving it.' So we ended up with a bunch of people who were genuinely passionate about the product. That is a huge advantage, and that helped in hiring and forming our team."

yep

2 minutes ago, znot said:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191234/making_halo_4_a_story_about_.php?page=3

"We had people who we hired who hated Halo because of 'X,'" says O'Connor. "But what that really meant was, 'I feel like this game could be awesome because of 'Y input' that I'm going to bring into it. I want to prove it, and I'm passionate about proving it.' So we ended up with a bunch of people who were genuinely passionate about the product. That is a huge advantage, and that helped in hiring and forming our team."

yep

That last part is him trying to make the hate halo part not sound so bad. Haha

Just now, Arlong said:

That last part is him trying to make the hate halo part not sound so bad. Haha

damage control is his specialty 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, znot said:

damage control is his specialty 

Lmao I can’t believe he told the people that he hired those who hate the game, then goes on to say it’s a passionate team. Now that doesn’t mean they purposely sabotaged it, but that tells me they were halo players who would say “what if halo had this in it” and it sounded good on paper but the professor gave a C on what you thought was A+ material.