CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Do you know an Aussie named scooter? 

Negative

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I figured you don’t come from a faith background because Arbiters story is just that. People whom been bred with a religion to go atheist. Sometimes it’s actually not as hard as you’d probably like to think. How do people whom are atheist go to a religion? Arbiter is questioning his faith, first was the heretic, 2nd the Oracle, third/fourth the other oracle and the grave mind, and chief. The heretics words had to of made arbiter think “what if he is right”. It doesn’t matter how convinced you may be, when someone tells you, your faith is lie and sounds convincing, you start to THINK things. Chiefs way was SIMPLE it’s easy to look over. But the heretic, Oracle, and gravemind had said things that made you think. 

Yeah, sometimes. But I've also seen just as many people who spend hours debating atheistic people on the merits of religion and not changing. Because they just believe what they want, regardless of the argument. It's anecdotal, hence my point on the Arbiter's faith hinging on a 30 year war, in a fight that would end up being for nothing. Hence my further point shifting to how unbelievable it is with such a grave context, knowing that we right now can't come to an agreement or shift another person to another side. On a video game. Change isn't as simple as that. Shouldn't be conveyed as such. 

I've already written a lot on this. Look over some of my past posts.

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

As for your own part of changing yourself(id imagine that’s more personal than ones faith system), it’s the same thing. Something complicated or simple happened. But the fact is, it was something. Nothing in this world happens for no reason. Whether or not people find that reason justifiable, valid, does not matter and never will. 

However. On this. You realize everything in our world is random. Right. Nothing happens for a reason. We just imbue reason on things to feel better about unfortunate circumstances. Human nature. Not to be edgy, lol. I just hate weird narratives like things occurring for a reason. Because of the implication that raises.

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Negative

I’d ask Steven but I don’t know his last name. 

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Yeah, sometimes. But I've also seen just as many people who spend hours debating atheistic people on the merits of religion and not changing. Because they just believe what they want, regardless of the argument. It's anecdotal, hence my point on the Arbiter's faith hinging on a 30 year war, in a fight that would end up being for nothing. Hence my further point shifting to how unbelievable it is with such a grave context, knowing that we right now can't come to an agreement or shift another person to another side. On a video game. Change isn't as simple as that. Shouldn't be conveyed as such. 

I've already written a lot on this. Look over some of my past posts.

However. On this. You realize everything in our world is random. Right. Nothing happens for a reason. We just imbue reason on things to feel better about unfortunate circumstances. Human nature. Not to be edgy, lol. I just hate weird narratives like things occurring for a reason. Because of the implication that raises.

Even randomness is a reason at the end of the day though? When someone in America does a mass shooting people like to say “they did it for no reason” but the truth is we don’t want see their reasons as valid or justifiable but to THEM it was. Randomness is tripping on a rock, or finding a dollar on the ground. But when you or someone does something, there was a reason behind it. Good, bad, stupid, etc.

Sometimes change and reasons are simple, but the human mind is too naive to see it that way. And possibly not trusting enough.

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

Aarlong quoted me in a post but I have him set to ignore, someone tell me what he wants.

He said that passively letting someone know you've ignored them is quite rude and can generate unnecessary negativity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Even randomness is a reason at the end of the day though? When someone in America does a mass shooting people like to say “they did it for no reason” but the truth is we don’t want see their reasons as valid or justifiable but to THEM it was. Randomness is tripping on a rock, or finding a dollar on the ground. But when you or someone does something, there was a reason behind it. Good, bad, stupid, etc.

No. It isn't. Randomness is randomness, lol. I guess what I should be saying is things occur, but they don't occur for any "greater" reason. Obviously with us, we can make decisions (however free one thinks they are) and reach a serious conclusion or crossroad event in our life that we deem irreversible or unchangeable. Like a shooting. I don't think it matters past that, is more so my point. I think we put a weird emphasis on the "post-event reasoning" to cope with serious events. It didn't have to happen for something past it, we just know somebody went off the deep end in the now and caused a lot of fuckery. 

So, yeah, emphasis on post-event stuff. More so with just us as a species.

Can we not talk about US mass shootings.

Please. How did we even get here.

So the argument here is that the Arbiter can't change his faith after having it challenged from literally every angle possible (that is, specifically in front of his eyes) because "lol c'mon that never happens".

M'kay.

• Like (+1) 4

I just think there needed to be an extra level where arbiter discovers more info on his own. Maybe have Mr. Shit master come with he learns the truth in a more direct way as well.

14 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So the argument here is that the Arbiter can't change his faith after having it challenged from literally every angle possible (that is, specifically in front of his eyes) because "lol c'mon that never happens".

M'kay.

Hey, solid job not reading posts in depth and then summarizing them in a way betraying that fact undoubtedly, lol. Why even bother talking.

• Salt (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Hey, solid job not reading posts in depth and then summarizing them in a way betraying that fact undoubtedly, lol. Why even bother talking.

More like Cursed Stawman amirite

• Salt (-1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

Is he a plastic straw or cardboard straw?

Metal. Re-useable.

• Salt (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Metal. Re-useable.

That's brutal.

• Salt (-1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Nah, that's actually what you're saying.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Snip

Nothing the heretic does invalidates 343GS words/actions.

"The sacred Rings, what are they?" "And those who made the rings what happened to them?" "Tartarus the Prophets have betrayed us."
You can even hear the pain in the Arbiters voice when he says it. Not sure how any of that is a "gotcha" moment.

The flood are also the enemy of humanity. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Except this isn't a real conversation. If you compacted our time spent on this I'd doubt we'd reach over an hour or two. These are days/months that the arbiter had to dwell on these thoughts. I already listed a subreddit full of people who have given up lifelong religions, heres another r/exmormon. Unless you want to go into a long rant about how the Arbiters characteristic mirror our own I don't see how this is relevant at all. We are more like Tartarus or the Prophets if anything, given the fact that we have the knowledge and still persist that our viewpoints are correct.

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Aarlong quoted me in a post but I have him set to ignore, someone tell me what he wants.

I... didn't even know ignoring users was a thing....

19 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Nothing the heretic does invalidates 343GS words/actions.

"The sacred Rings, what are they?" "And those who made the rings what happened to them?" "Tartarus the Prophets have betrayed us."
You can even hear the pain in the Arbiters voice when he says it. Not sure how any of that is a "gotcha" moment.

The flood are also the enemy of humanity. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Except this isn't a real conversation. If you compacted our time spent on this I'd doubt we'd reach over an hour or two. These are days/months that the arbiter had to dwell on these thoughts. I already listed on subreddit full of people who have given up lifelong religions, heres another r/exmormon. Unless you want to go into a long rant about how the Arbiters characteristic mirror our own I don't see how this is relevant at all. We are more like Tartarus or the Prophets if anything, given the fact that we have the knowledge and still persist that our viewpoints are correct.

I... didn't even know ignoring users was a thing....

The only person I ignored doesn't post here anymore.

9 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Can we not talk about US mass shootings.

Please. How did we even get here.

No it was me comparing them to reasonings that people don’t want to acknowledge, it wasn’t the shootings themselves. 

9 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I asked if Ice could just sometimes not write such long posts and Arlong said you sometimes do the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

It's just that multi's long posts also offer a lot of insight and get a lot of points across clearly, they aren't just someone rambling on for five paragraphs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:44 AM, Basu said:

"I'm planning on just playing the campaign and I will use a controller anyways so I don't see what the big issue is" - legit post I saw on reddit.

This is a larger problem I see occasionally.  Someone like we will be like, "Reach was terrible". Someone else goes, "WTF are you talking about? that was like my second favorite campaign..."  I'm talking about multiplayer. Why would anybody be talking about the campaign?  As long as it exists... there is nothing to worry about. 

I take for granted that people assume we're talking about multiplayer when sometimes they aren't and you're arguing past each other.  Not here necessarily but twitter, Reddit, waypoint.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

This is a larger problem I see occasionally.  Someone like we will be like, "Reach was terrible". Someone else goes, "WTF are you talking about? that was like my second favorite campaign..."  I'm talking about multiplayer. Why would anybody be talking about the campaign?  As long as it exists... there is nothing to worry about. 

I take for granted that people assume we're talking about multiplayer when sometimes they aren't and you're arguing past each other.  Not here necessarily but twitter, Reddit, waypoint. 

It's also a big reason why the "MCC works for me" meme was/is a thing. The campaigns were mostly fine and the average no thumbs campaign kiddo wouldn't notice an issue. The only campaign problem I saw were speedrunners who had their OG glitches and superbounces/sword flying erased or peoplegoing for shit like LASO who had their progress erased.

I think it's also why people on reddit look back fondly on Reach and H4. Not the best campaigns and shit like sprint and jetpack IMO also hurts campaign gameplay (I couldn't even bring myself to finish H5's campaign because it's so clunky to play plus the dumbass story) but overall they were still decent while the MP in both games was complete dogshit aside from Anniversary/ZBNS/GP customs.

• Like (+1) 1

MCC on PC really need these five things at launch to succeed and retain the population::

-In game Leaderboards for Multiplayer
-In Game Tutorials for new players
-Ranked Crossplay Support for PC & Xbox
-Dedicated Servers for Custom Games so we can play tournaments on nuetral hosts
-Ranked Mixtape Matchmaking 

• Like (+1) 2