CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

I love when people try to explain the meaning of words to someone 10x more literate than them.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Y-e-s

How do I pronounce this? Is it like an extended yes or am I saying the letters individually?

55 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

I love when people try to explain the meaning of words to someone 10x more literate than them.

Are you talking shit motherfucker? 

• Salt (-1) 1

12 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

How do I pronounce this? Is it like an extended yes or am I saying the letters individually?

Former.

• Thonking (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Are you talking shit motherfucker? 

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hard Way. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of linguistic archetypes most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head.

• Toxic (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Former.

If you come from a religious background then you’ll know what’s its like to question your faith. Even after being apart of that faith for decades. The arbiter was given information that his faith was a lie by credible sources. It makes sense why he would leave so easily. 

Just now, Arlong said:

If you come from a religious background then you’ll know what’s its like to question your faith. Even after being apart of that faith for decades. The arbiter was given information that his faith was a lie by credible sources. It makes sense why he would leave so easily. 

Again, we know this from the lens of dramatic irony. The characters don't.

On that, you don't need to be religious to get the feeling of changing something fundamental to you. The scale at which you react differs, but I understand the concept of changing yourself, a little too much, lol. It's one of the most interesting psychological things to investigate. And as I said to Nokt earlier, if we can't come to an agreement on a shitty sci-fi franchise after arguing for literal days, throwing walls at each other, and others, how in the hell is the Arbiter going to come to an agreement with his mortal enemies, and drop something he's been bred to believe his entire life, over a few scant conversations. It just doesn't wash.

4 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hard Way. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of linguistic archetypes most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head.

Subtle humor is usually said by people that bore the shit out of you and you’d never invite them to a party, because when making jokes or something of the sort they have to think too hard about it, look for the logic, and then decide if they find it amusing or not. They can’t even watch a movie without being like “that’s unrealistic, scientifically impossible” 

7 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Again, we know this from the lens of dramatic irony. The characters don't.

On that, you don't need to be religious to get the feeling of changing something fundamental to you. The scale at which you react differs, but I understand the concept of changing yourself, a little too much, lol. It's one of the most interesting psychological things to investigate. And as I said to Nokt earlier, if we can't come to an agreement on a shitty sci-fi franchise after arguing for literal days, throwing walls at each other, and others, how in the hell is the Arbiter going to come to an agreement with his mortal enemies, and drop something he's been bred to believe his entire life, over a few scant conversations. It just doesn't wash.

I figured you don’t come from a faith background because Arbiters story is just that. People whom been bred with a religion to go atheist. Sometimes it’s actually not as hard as you’d probably like to think. How do people whom are atheist go to a religion? Arbiter is questioning his faith, first was the heretic, 2nd the Oracle, third/fourth the other oracle and the grave mind, and chief. The heretics words had to of made arbiter think “what if he is right”. It doesn’t matter how convinced you may be, when someone tells you, your faith is lie and sounds convincing, you start to THINK things. Chiefs way was SIMPLE it’s easy to look over. But the heretic, Oracle, and gravemind had said things that made you think. 

As for your own part of changing yourself(id imagine that’s more personal than ones faith system), it’s the same thing. Something complicated or simple happened. But the fact is, it was something. Nothing in this world happens for no reason. Whether or not people find that reason justifiable, valid, does not matter and never will. 

9 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Subtle humor is usually said by people that bore the shit out of you and you’d never invite them to a party, because when making jokes or something of the sort they have to think too hard about it, look for the logic, and then decide if they find it amusing or not. They can’t even watch a movie without being like “that’s unrealistic, scientifically impossible” 

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/to-be-fair-you-have-to-have-a-very-high-iq-to-understand-rick-and-morty

(If you're not aware it's a copypasta)

11 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

You know I had a feeling that was a quote because it sounded familiar, and I was right it was rick and morty. It’s kinda amusing looking at rick as a character. He hates and loves himself, he constantly tries to prove he’s something other than human. He at times defies reality and basic understanding, but still has emotions whom he always tries to deny by making excuses like it doesn’t matter, because infinite realities. He’s not interested in helping the world or universe but does it, because it be a bother for him if either was destroyed. He acts like he doesn’t love his family because he believes those are pointless emotions but shows many times he is unable to escape from these. Rick is Rick, and every rick seems to be the same in one way or another. Rick shows all the time he does care, and doesn’t believe or like the fact that he does. He made Beth a superficial world as a child to protect people or give her, her own space. He’s looking for love, that only he can discover. Heck’s he’s superior to an entity that literally takes over people’s minds and bodies, can destroy worlds if he chooses. Lmao with a couple weapons of his morty became basically a god. 

Just now, HeX Reapers said:

none of you people know how to write let's just make that extremely fucking clear

This is devolving harder than Midship remakes.

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I see this man also enjoy Rick and Morty

edit: lmao I didn't even know that was rick and morty related. fuck

16 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

none of you people know how to write let's just make that extremely fucking clear

Ahh fuck you

4 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

i thought i told you to stop quoting me

Never I’m going to haunt your dreams for the rest of your miserable life. And I’ll never feel no remorse, no shame, no pity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

Just now, Arlong said:

And I’ll never feel no remorse

1yuTFpN.gif?noredirect

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Never I’m going to haunt your dreams for the rest of your miserable life. And I’ll never feel no remorse, no shame, no pity.

you're a creature you know that right

2 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

you're a creature you know that right

Bitch please  

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

1yuTFpN.gif?noredirect

Yeah not my best wording, i was trying to quote the thingArthas says from wow. 

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

what

Do you know an Aussie named scooter?