CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Just now, MultiLockOn said:

There is nothing more frustrating than you listing out issues you've had with something for someone to come and say "idk but it's been fine for me it's not that bad" as if their lack of problems somehow proves yours are false. 

There's always someone on reddit to pop in and say "MCC works just fine for me" or to tell you that Destiny pvp isn't that bad because THEY never run into the broken builds. Or the Xbox One runs fine because theirs never routinely kicks them from party chats. 

"I'm planning on just playing the campaign and I will use a controller anyways so I don't see what the big issue is" - legit post I saw on reddit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 4

8 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

>720p

yikers

I cant help myself. I gotta always play two games at once. 

Ok the aiming input update came and it’s not bad but, lack of uncapped FPS and I hate aiming with the zoom in this, it feels too linear, and it still doesn’t feel like raw input. 

17 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Ok the aiming input update came and it’s not bad but, lack of uncapped FPS and I hate aiming with the zoom in this, it feels too linear, and it still doesn’t feel like raw input. 

The zoom options in general suck. Why can't I have it behave like on console where it's both toggle and hold at the same time?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

The last PC flight was the most unstable PC game I've ever played and I was there for the launch of both BF3 and 4. The game crashed on me for picking up an Energy Sword once ffs. Loading maps was 50/50 of the game crashing. Alt tabbing to Desktop would crash the game. 

Also there were/are insane frame drops even on "normal settings. Go top mid on Breakpoint and look towards the base where the spartans spawn and watch your game turn into a power point presentation. 

And before you say it, no I don't have a potato PC. I can play DOOM on Ultra and have consistent 200 FPS. 

Alt+Tab would error me out of matchmaking. So I literally couldn't do anything unless I sat at watched it match me into a match....

• Like (+1) 1

Gosh zooming just feels awful in this. I can’t figure it out. 

3 hours ago, Basu said:

And before you say it, no I don't have a potato PC. I can play DOOM on Ultra and have consistent 200 FPS. 

please. doom is so optimized I can play ultra and get 200fps on an integrated CPU gaphics

9 minutes ago, znot said:

please. doom is so optimized I can play ultra and get 200fps on an integrated CPU gaphics

lol it really is the best engine around. 

It is possible to fuck it up though in some ways. Wolfenstein TNO from what I remember suffers from poor optimization on PC.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

It is possible to fuck it up though in some ways. Wolfenstein TNO from what I remember suffers from poor optimization on PC.

New order or new colossus? new order is the older game and doesnt use the new Id Tech 6. So yeah I can see why

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

I should probably just let this die at this point.

The heretic and 343 Guilty spark both tried to warn him. This isn't his first jump into being told his religion is a lie.

I originally had a point that I was making, but erased it and went off on some other tangent. I usually reply to these when I get a break from work or when I get off work so I'm usually a little scatterbrained.

The Heretic was the only one saying anything. And for some reason he attacked an Arbiter who put his gun down to listen. Kinda invalidating his own point and pushing the idea he's just sabotaging the religion. 343GS didn't warn him of anything because he was interrupted both times he spoke.

But, if ya wanna let it die, that's fine.

2 hours ago, Mow said:

When 343 is involved there is concern... I'm not trying to tell you how to feel but you only need look at the past, and the fact we've just gone from "It's ready when it's ready" to "We'll patch it post-launch" is even more concerning. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I've also been fooled way too many times into believing everything will be just fine and dandy.

Not really. Given they've had one truly rough launch of three titles, and the builds we've had of the revitalized bad launched title are pretty promising in terms of performance. Probability dictates a positive outcome.

4 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Not really. Given they've had one truly rough launch of three titles, and the builds we've had of the revitalized bad launched title are pretty promising in terms of performance. Probability dictates a positive outcome.

I really don't care to argue this further, we clearly just have different opinions, which is fine.

• Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mow said:

I really don't care to argue this further, we clearly just have different opinions, which is fine.

I'd argue it isn't a matter of opinion, but claims and probability. I'm just arguing results. Not really how I feel. 

Buuuuuuut okay.

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I'd argue it isn't a matter of opinion, but claims and probability. I'm just arguing results. Not really how I feel. 

Buuuuuuut okay.

The matter of opinion relates to if you deem 343 trust worthy or not, I've believed them and been burned for it many times, so forgive me if I exercise a healthy dose of skepticism towards any claims they make.

Fool me twice...

• Fire (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Mow said:

The matter of opinion relates to if you deem 343 trust worthy or not, I've believed them and been burned for it many times, so forgive me if I exercise a healthy dose of skepticism towards any claims they make.

Fool me twice...

Twice?

1. CEA where they forgot the orignal MP

2. H4

3. MCC launch

4. H5

Honorable mentions: taking almost 4 years to finally get MCC to a playable state, HW2 with agressive microtransactions just like H5, all the lore shenanigans.

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, Basu said:

Twice?

1. CEA where they forgot the orignal MP

2. H4

3. MCC launch

4. H5

Honorable mentions: taking almost 4 years to finally get MCC to a playable state, HW2 with agressive microtransactions just like H5, all the lore shenanigans.

Oh I've been fooled way more than twice, I was just making a reference to the old saying.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Mow said:

Fool me twice...

I never once spoke on trustworthiness, lol. I'm just saying. From a technical standpoint, I have no real reason to think "Yeah, this is gonna be a trainwreck". I don't trust them. I just see the results. Regardless of what the people say.

12 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I never once spoke on trustworthiness, lol. I'm just saying. From a technical standpoint, I have no real reason to think "Yeah, this is gonna be a trainwreck". I don't trust them. I just see the results. Regardless of what the people say.

I never said you spoke of trustworthiness, I'm the one who made a post based on my opinion of how trustworthy 343 is, and you replied to me, remember?

But it is as I already said, a difference in opinion, nothing more, nothing less. There really isn't anything to debate so I'm gonna stop there and agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Mow said:

I never said you spoke of trustworthiness, I'm the one who made a post based on my opinion of how trustworthy 343 is, and you replied to me, remember?

But it is as I already said, a difference in opinion, nothing more, nothing less. There really isn't anything to debate so I'm gonna stop there and agree to disagree.

Well, yeah, that was more so my point. That the thing you spoke on was more so probability. Not exactly an opinion or a matter of trust. Performance. Over promises and your reaction to them. Maybe I'm not explaining it properly, or thoroughly. 

4 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

lol @ Halo 5 not being a "rough launch"

• Like (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

lol @ Halo 5 not being a "rough launch"

It wasn't, lol. It literally worked. The biggest "problem" was content. But it worked as it should've. Like Halo 4 did. 

2 hours ago, JordanB said:

What's more likely to happen, 343 not fucking up Reach or changing Ice's opinion on anything regarding any Halo topic 

Holy shit, I think this is the first time 343 is more likely to deliver. 

• Like (+1) 4