CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

A couple weeks ago I went back to find this thread when MCC had launched. It's a good laugh if anyone is interested. Around page 900.

3 hours ago, znot said:

like 360? or BC?

Pft I can finally throw my dusty Xbone in the trashhh. I've been using it as a monitor stand. matter of fact I can get rid of that monitor too!

Either one its same player pool isnt it? 

12 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Likewise, no game does. Could be hyperbole, but if that's your legitimate expectation, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

I meant it more so for their sake, the game better damn well be in a 'ready' state after they got so used to using their catch phrase.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

Either one its same player pool isnt it? 

Yeah playing on 360 or BC is the same player pool. All it's doing is emulating Reach on to your Xbox One

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

If reach pc aiming isn’t fixed that game is doomed 

It won't be fixed, but it won't be an issue because most people just play campaign and firefight and never even touch MP (especially "Team Hardcore", sounds scary bro) plus most people coming over from Xbox are just gonna use a controller and/or blame their own lack of mouse skill instead of the game.

It will probably get fixed years down the line, when no one cares anymore. Right after we get that custom game browser they promised, when the game will be a ghost town and all the casuals are playing Modern Warfare 2.0 or the Black Ops reboot.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Warlord Wossman said:

After Summit totally trashtalked mouse in PC Reach in front of 15k people you wanna get a date out so those hyped viewers know when it's out and can be sure they totally get it fixed in 2 weeks right?
Not sure where I read it (might have been waypoint actually) but when they said "we will try to solve those issues and keep looking into it after launch" I got a feeling they launch with the post patch issues.

inb4 3v4 industries: "do you guys not have controllers?"

UH OH. did he really. im gonna have to find that clip. thats money. I hope the Computer Multiplayer cheese grate 343 like the Fickle Raptors they are

343 can only Conceive bad timing. By Immediate or Auxiliary fault doesnt matter. They attempt to release this unrefined Desktop Multiplayer Service during a considerable time where the Computer Esport community is starved of polished interactive experience and are more resentful or critical of corporate developments than ever before

And they dont Pour buckets of Clear Coat Apologism over their eyes like Console people do

• Like (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

10 hours ago, Riddler said:

im on win7, 720p windowed mode for reach and my mouse aim feels fine. recorded at 120fps and I got 1 frame of input lag prob because I was capped at 60. tho this was in a custom game. 

aka, back to the superior operating system yall

Shit that Never happens happen or happened for 500000000

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Do they let you pre-download the game if you pre-order? I suppose that’s the only incentive to pre-order a digital game. Though waiting 30 min to an hour post-launch to make sure the game functions seems like a small price to pay.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Basu said:

It won't be fixed, but it won't be an issue because most people just play campaign and firefight and never even touch MP (especially "Team Hardcore", sounds scary bro) plus most people coming over from Xbox are just gonna use a controller and/or blame their own lack of mouse skill instead of the game.

It will probably get fixed years down the line, when no one cares anymore. Right after we get that custom game browser they promised, when the game will be a ghost town and all the casuals are playing Modern Warfare 2.0 or the Black Ops reboot.

Dude you clearly don’t know anything about pc gamers. Most pc gamers prefer MP, over campaign in games.

• Thonking (+0) 1

6 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Lol "reassurance". A PR tweet from Frank O'Connor in 2019 is about as reassuring as hearing a knock on your kitchen window at 2 in the morning.

Alright this is actually hilarious and true

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mow said:

I meant it more so for their sake, the game better damn well be in a 'ready' state after they got so used to using their catch phrase.

I mean, think on it, lol. The builds we've played are stable. Even if they launched as is, it'd be fine, performance wise. 

I don't get this thing with it potentially being a broken mess. With everything we've seen and played, there isn't really much concern. My concerns are just server-based. Connectivity wise. Will we have an MW debacle. Given the builds we've played are, again, pretty much grand and gucci. 

Guys, GUYS

Vryst just went positive rep. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

On 11/14/2019 at 11:44 PM, Riddler said:

im on win7, 720p windowed mode for reach and my mouse aim feels fine. recorded at 120fps and I got 1 frame of input lag prob because I was capped at 60. tho this was in a custom game. 

aka, back to the superior operating system yall

>720p

yikers

• Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

5 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I mean, think on it, lol. The builds we've played are stable. Even if they launched as is, it'd be fine, performance wise. 

😂😂😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Basu said:

😂😂😂😂😂

I don’t get the laugh tbh. Performance wise it’s going great, and the bugs were very few. So far the bugs listed were all I can discover myself. 
I like the server update that’s coming as well.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:35 PM, TheIcePrincess said:

Which, again, we know the significance of with dramatic irony and hindsight. Again, anyone being exposed to this for the first time would have no context and idea about simple phrases. With that said, countermeasures being stated still isn't an inherent prod against the Great Journey. Given the Flood originates from, or escapes from containment facilities on these things (At least, during the original trilogy), it would be just as likely a thought that the ring goes on lockdown to prevent escape from an outside viewer. Not eradicating life within a galactic sector. At least, yunno, I'd hope people would think small scale, lol. Don't really get the last point in contrast to mine, however.

I should probably just let this die at this point.

The heretic and 343 Guilty spark both tried to warn him. This isn't his first jump into being told his religion is a lie.

I originally had a point that I was making, but erased it and went off on some other tangent. I usually reply to these when I get a break from work or when I get off work so I'm usually a little scatterbrained.

10 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I don't get this thing with it potentially being a broken mess. With everything we've seen and played, there isn't really much concern. My concerns are just server-based. Connectivity wise. Will we have an MW debacle. Given the builds we've played are, again, pretty much grand and gucci. 

When 343 is involved there is concern... I'm not trying to tell you how to feel but you only need look at the past, and the fact we've just gone from "It's ready when it's ready" to "We'll patch it post-launch" is even more concerning. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I've also been fooled way too many times into believing everything will be just fine and dandy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2019 at 3:50 PM, Arlong said:

I don’t get the laugh tbh. Performance wise it’s going great, and the bugs were very few. So far the bugs listed were all I can discover myself. 
I like the server update that’s coming as well.

The last PC flight was the most unstable PC game I've ever played and I was there for the launch of both BF3 and 4. The game crashed on me for picking up an Energy Sword once ffs. Loading maps was 50/50 of the game crashing. Alt tabbing to Desktop would crash the game. 

Also there were/are insane frame drops even on "normal" settings. Go top mid on Breakpoint and look towards the base where the spartans spawn and watch your game turn into a power point presentation. 

And before you say it, no I don't have a potato PC. I can play DOOM on Ultra and have consistent 200 FPS. 

• Like (+1) 2

There is nothing more frustrating than you listing out issues you've had with something for someone to come and say "idk but it's been fine for me it's not that bad" as if their lack of problems somehow proves yours are false. 

There's always someone on reddit to pop in and say "MCC works just fine for me" or to tell you that Destiny pvp isn't that bad because THEY never run into the broken builds. Or the Xbox One runs fine because theirs never routinely kicks them from party chats. 

• Like (+1) 4