CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Can't wait to play the buggy mess Halo Reach will be. I'm just glad I have Game Pass and won't have to pay for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

iTs ReAdY wHeN ItS rEaDy!

This game better launch perfect...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

After Summit totally trashtalked mouse in PC Reach in front of 15k people you wanna get a date out so those hyped viewers know when it's out and can be sure they totally get it fixed in 2 weeks right?
Not sure where I read it (might have been waypoint actually) but when they said "we will try to solve those issues and keep looking into it after launch" I got a feeling they launch with the post patch issues.

inb4 3v4 industries: "do you guys not have controllers?"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

Rip the dream of Halo on PC being sucessful. They're shooting themselves in the foot again to meet some arbitrary deadline.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Basu said:

Rip the dream of Halo on PC being sucessful. They're shooting themselves in the foot again to meet some arbitrary deadline.

I am not sure if that shot would connect on their netcode tbh.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Twis7ed said:

Steam refunds or not, MCC was the most broken game ever released when it originally came out on the Xbox One. You couldn't even walk in a straight line in Halo 3. Every game started 3vs4, 6vs2, etc,. you couldn't even aim at someone in Halo 1. Your reticle would push away from people like two magnets being pushed together. Literally couldn't even walk or shoot in 2/4 games. Very little support the next months and while the game was still in shambles, 343 went radio silent for 2 years. Didn't even mention MCC for 2 years. Hell, Halo 1 is still a completely broken mess. Why on earth would anyone preorder or prepurchase a game with no tangible benefits, let alone prepurchase a game from 343 who slapped the whole community in the face last time. All the lies, beating around the bush, silence, etc...for years. 

The only thing you realistically do prepurchasing MCC is give 343 an interest free loan. No early download, no in game rewards, nothing. You play the game at the exact same time as everyone else. Normally, I wouldn't judge other people or be an "elitist" about these things, but knowing nearly 99% of the Halo community has forgotten how badly MCC was handled is a shame. One of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen from a company, tbh. And now it seems like a lot of people are giving 343 money before they can even play/download the game. I really don't care enough to go get all the videos, lies, posts, and pictures of just how broken MCC was and for how long 343 went between mentioning the games. Hopefully some people haven't forgot. It was shocking at the time. 

MCC is already the Top selling game on Steam lol, a bit late for it. 

Let's not kid ourselves here, the vast majority of people are not going to care about the aiming. The attention it got on /r/Halo is promising, given what a trash heap that place is, but people are buying this for the campaign primarily.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm catching downvotes left and right for telling people not to preorder from a company that has fucked over its customers time and time again, when preordering has literally zero benefits in today's digital gaming age. r/halo is a complete shitshow of  a community and a botched vanilla Reach port is exactly the game they deserve.

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Nokt said:

Penitent Tangent says to Chief "this facility must be activated to control this outbreak". The sacred icon is openly referring to a human as a Reclaimer and that the ring is used as a countermeasure to flood. This are pretty obvious things being thrown at the Arbiter here.

The Gravemind at the very least saved the arbiters life. I would imagine that anyone in that situation would at least listen to what they have to say. Not like he has much of a choice anyways.

The next level featuring the arbiter, Brutes attack him onsite, when he meets up with allies the Covenant are openly attacking them. The rebellion has started. Would the Elites not be branded as heretics at this point by the Covenant? Why would you think that you get to participate in the Great Journey when you are essentially being kicked out of your way into the Great Journey. If nothing else revenge on Tartarus for attempting to take your life or finding one of the remaining prophets to question them? What are his other options, take the rebellion and go hide?

Which, again, we know the significance of with dramatic irony and hindsight. Again, anyone being exposed to this for the first time would have no context and idea about simple phrases. With that said, countermeasures being stated still isn't an inherent prod against the Great Journey. Given the Flood originates from, or escapes from containment facilities on these things (At least, during the original trilogy), it would be just as likely a thought that the ring goes on lockdown to prevent escape from an outside viewer. Not eradicating life within a galactic sector. At least, yunno, I'd hope people would think small scale, lol. Don't really get the last point in contrast to mine, however.

10 hours ago, JordanB said:

The Arbiter is an Elite. Maybe the game doesn't tell you "By the way the Arbiter may have some doubts on his religion". I can have doubts on my religion yet still believe in it and live my life the way my religion believes I should. 

You can't compare the beginning of the game to the scene with Tartarus. The beginning was meant for embarrassment. Arbiter was getting tortured and almost sent to death because of a failure. There's a difference in your leaders sending you out on a suicide mission vs your leaders turning your back on you and giving the Brutes the lead role which has caused a Civil War within your religion. If you don't see that then we have very different perspectives on what was told.

An Elite who hinged his life on this religion to the point of thinking he was lesser than nothing for one failure. Wasn't conveyed in game, so with that context, I don't believe he had doubts.

And there's an arguable difference. Both are saying you'd only live until your purpose was fulfilled. In one case, you're being sent out on intentionally perilous missions potentially sabotaged against your favor, on the other, you're being outright offed when you have no purpose left. It still shouldn't be a surprise that you're gonna be dicked on by the people who say you're gonna be dicked on. And make that future dicking your literal job title.

1 hour ago, Twis7ed said:

Why on earth would anyone preorder or prepurchase a game with no tangible benefits, let alone prepurchase a game from 343 who slapped the whole community in the face last time. All the lies, beating around the bush, silence, etc...for years. 

I don't think it's that serious, lol. You spend your money, you either do or don't get what you pay for. Be annoyed, sure, (I'd argue for litigation on some level) but it's really not that personal. Of course, to counter the point, I doubt people are gonna hinge a purchase on a half decade grudge and instead focus on efforts in the now to fix the game. And the added emphasis on communication and delays. If you're really holding onto something from five years back, I'd honestly just say "let go", lol. Especially when we have stuff to run contrary to 2014 343i. Don't think it of all things is worth hanging onto.

1 hour ago, Mow said:

iTs ReAdY wHeN ItS rEaDy!

This game better launch perfect...

Likewise, no game does. Could be hyperbole, but if that's your legitimate expectation, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think looking over the options and things it just sucks that crossplay isn't a priority for launch of the games and they're instead just thinking about it/testing.

A small but really appreciated update after looking over their PC options would be for console to also have the option for a centered reticle.

Hopefully their internal builds really did fix the problems but everything I've heard and experienced via people not employed by 343 tells me that this isn't going to be good for PC players.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I highly doubt it.

I remember them announcing they wanted to get that out before the PC version launched.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Sitri said:

I remember them announcing they wanted to get that out before the PC version launched.

I remember 343 announcing lots of things.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I remember 343 announcing lots of things.

The game just as you remember it

stat tracking

open api

It will get fixed

oof

22 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Ironic that they would require so much memory for such a forgettable game, wakka wakka.

This is an amazing pun and you should be proud.

im on win7, 720p windowed mode for reach and my mouse aim feels fine. recorded at 120fps and I got 1 frame of input lag prob because I was capped at 60. tho this was in a custom game. 

aka, back to the superior operating system yall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

36 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Hopefully players start filtering into og reach so i can play MLG again

like 360? or BC?

Pft I can finally throw my dusty Xbone in the trashhh. I've been using it as a monitor stand. matter of fact I can get rid of that monitor too!