CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

It's crazy how fucking Reach of all games suddenly becomes a blast to play when you remove all the dumbass "innovations" like AA and bloom and add a ranking system on top. Make ZBNS global for MCC already, no one misses default Reach. Even Invasion would play ten times better without the loadout trash.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

You only need 1 person in charge with the right vision and you can do anything. These massive studios like 343 with a dozen people just doing sandbox balancing, a dozen more doing player mechanics, and a score past that handling the maps are just shooting themselves in the foot. That's not how you deliver a focused vision. 

I disagree, I think you should take people from many aspects of gaming with different opinions and have them challenge those opinions with gameplay executions.

"We had people who we hired who hated Halo because of 'X,'" says O'Connor. "But what that really meant was, 'I feel like this game could be awesome because of 'Y input' that I'm going to bring into it. I want to prove it, and I'm passionate about proving it.' So we ended up with a bunch of people who were genuinely passionate about the product. That is a huge advantage, and that helped in hiring and forming our team."

e9a64e522fb16c9242a2906233df882e.jpg

5c7b9d3e1a355d4b0c25f835214e2031.png

ARENA STARTS BABY!! - 343

7c7d2d49177e1920f2d1a2096e119b42.png

5c7b9d3e1a355d4b0c25f835214e2031.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 7

Yeah this mouse aiming is garbage. According to precellence a pro in OW couldn’t even aim in that bs. 
It feels like forced mouse smoothing, in the sense it feels floaty. After my 3rd game I said fuck this.

Who's idea was it to hire people who wished Halo was different in X way? Ridiculous. Why not hire people who just simply liked Halo for what it was?

7 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Who's idea was it to hire people who wished Halo was different in X way? Ridiculous. Why not hire people who just simply liked Halo for what it was?

In theory it can be beneficial to bring in some outside perspective as to not create confirmation bias and echo chambers and - dare I say it - bring in some innovation. The problem is that 343 went way too far and hired predominantly people who didn't like real Halo or at least have some sort of twisted worldview where H4 is a logical continuation of CE, H2 and H3. I mean we already know quite a few of the higher ups have no idea what made Halo great in the first place (insert Quinn defending no flag drop, Kevin Franklin saying literally anything, Dan Ayoub announcing H2 EXACTLY LIKE YOU REMEMBER IT, Postums defending AR starts and Sprint, Josh Holmes defending sprint because IMMERSION etc.)

• Like (+1) 2

Disabling VSYNC helps, but I feel it only gets me halfway there. There's still either input lag or mouse smoothing going on, it's hard to tell.

RE: Netcode, literally every melee engagement ends in a trade. Most DMR battles end in a trade. When did the Reach netcode suddenly turn into this huge pile of garbage? I remember playing on cross-atlantic host and still having decent hitreg in a goddamn BTB match on P2P. How come I can play on an EU dedi that should be <30 ms ping and I still trade left and right and die around corners? Something's off.

2 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

I like how proper aiming is still some impossible conundrum for new Halo games. 

It makes no sense. Literally. For Xbox at least we just want Halo 1/2 aiming. Why has it changed since then.

Why BigShow36.

WHY.

• Like (+1) 2

Anyone want to bet that when CE and H2 MCC on PC drop (in five years) they will have worse aiming than their original PC ports?

1 hour ago, BigShow36 said:

What are you on about. Halo 5 was the one game with questionable aiming (after a beta with great aiming), and 343i patched in better aiming for the original trilogy's trashfire joystick settings. One game of (technically) three being merked, vs. a trilogy having really shit aiming until Reacharound. Never forget CE's original deadzones, lol.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

It makes no sense. Literally. For Xbox at least we just want Halo 1/2 aiming. Why has it changed since then.

Okay, now I gotta question. Why in the fuck do you want that?

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

7 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

What are you on about. Halo 5 was the one game with questionable aiming (after a beta with great aiming), and 343i patched in better aiming for the original trilogy's trashfire joystick settings. One game of (technically) three being merked, vs. a trilogy having really shit aiming until Reacharound. Never forget CE's original deadzones, lol.

Halo 1 and 2 are usually regarded as having the best aim curves and setup. Do you not agree? 

17 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

7/10 solid troll post.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Halo 1 and 2 are usually regarded as having the best aim curves and setup. Do you not agree? 

Not to mention a consistent citation from developers when discussing how their aim system works.

23 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

a trilogy having really shit aiming

It's the subtle things that show you have no idea what you're talking about.

H3's aiming is completely different from CE and H2.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I don't, nah. They had terribly griddy aiming, and the general feel was shit. I do think 2's was worse than 1's, much more so for the ports even if the OG suffers. 

3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's the subtle things that show you have no idea what you're talking about.

H3's aiming is completely different from CE and H2.

Hey, I didn't claim they were the same in any way but being shit, lmao. Halo 3's is shit, so are 1 and 2's. They're all garbage, and while they might not be the same garbage, it doesn't change them being bad, or for lack of a better term, hilariously undesirable.

9 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

7/10 solid troll post.

0/10 - Understand people can think differently than you and don't just say shit to rile you up. I don't even care to troll you. I have no idea who you are.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Hey, I didn't claim they were the same in any way but being shit, lmao. Halo 3's is shit, so are 1 and 2's. They're all garbage, and while they might not be the same garbage, it doesn't change them being bad, or for lack of a better term, hilariously undesirable.

You are clearly referring to the blocky transitions between horizontal and vertical aiming, which while not desirable are not even what people are talking about when they say H5 and MCC Reach's aiming (and H3's aiming for those who don't have their nostalgia glasses on) is shit. You said it yourself, 343 added the "modern" aiming settings which mostly fixed those problems, but that didn't change the fundamental aiming mechanics behind CE and H2 that are missing from modern Halo games.

You don't know what you're talking about because you don't even know what we're talking about.

• Fire (+1) 2

Playing Reach with high FPS and FOV with a controller using modern aim settings on PC is actually pleasant, too bad mouse aiming feels like shit at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You are clearly referring to the blocky transitions between horizontal and vertical aiming, which while not desirable are not even what people are talking about when they say H5 and MCC Reach's aiming (and H3's aiming for those who don't have their nostalgia glasses on) is shit. You said it yourself, 343 added the "modern" aiming settings which mostly fixed those problems, but that didn't change the fundamental aiming mechanics behind CE and H2 that are missing from modern Halo games.

You don't know what you're talking about because you don't even know what we're talking about.

I don't understand what you're talking about in response to me. My argument stemmed from BigShow's post on how recent Halos (generalized) had poor aiming. I wasn't comparing them bar saying only one 343i game had issues with aiming compared to the original three. You're inferring a weird thing with my argument that isn't there. Because I wasn't arguing the idiosyncrasies of all the aiming. I was mass-grouping them as problematic or undesirable by developer, numerically. 

50 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

So it doesn't feel like my reticule is swimming in custard.

• Like (+1) 1

lol this is always a chore with you

Bigshow: 343 can't program aiming right

You: lol the original trilogy aiming was shit

Me: you don't even know why we like it so your opinion doesn't matter

• Simms (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

So it doesn't feel like my reticule is swimming in custard.

Since there are no more flights, is this custard’s last stand?

• Thonking (+0) 1

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

lol this is always a chore with you

Bigshow: 343 can't program aiming right

You: lol the original trilogy aiming was shit

Me: you don't even know why we like it so your opinion doesn't matter

That wasn't my argument. The basis of the argument was this: (Sorry, BigShow, lmao)

2 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

Here, he just said proper aiming in new Halos is a conundrum. Generalizing the recent three (four if he counts Reach, I dunno how far back he goes.) So, I responded saying only one of the three recent Halos, again, not counting Reach just yet, had poor aiming, and the rest all had great aiming or bad aiming carried over regardless of 343's efforts originally. So it's not impossible, and 343i can program proper aiming. Making the statement flawed to me, hence why I called it out. Not to mention MCC's fixes which fixed longstanding issues in legacy titles, proving more so than ever that they can fix and program proper aiming, while emphasizing the issues in Bungie's track record in comparison. It wasn't just me saying "OG is bad", it was me saying "New isn't bad, and we have three new titles, and three OG titles to go off of to compare". I don't care why you like it. It has no bearing on my point. And you definitely have no say on my opinion's validity, warrior.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

And you definitely have no say on my opinion's validity, warrior.

You're fucking dead, kiddo.