11 minutes ago, retrotripp95 said:

halo 2, and halo 3 are the best halo games try to change my mind 

Might as well say “god is real change my mind.” 

41 minutes ago, Riddler said:

Might as well say “god is real change my mind.” 

I mean it’s an opinion I know is more popular than CE 

46 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I mean it’s an opinion I know is more popular than CE 

Why do you think I compared it to God specifically? The majority of people believe in god despite logic. 

• Fire (+1) 1

You know this Halo 1 bunch seem like cool dudes if you agree to give it a go.

I'm starting to suspect the Halo 5 bunch are as well...

Gosh another major dev leaving 343 and they tell us not to worry. Just show us gameplay already, being all sneaky like this is why no one likes them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Gosh another major dev leaving 343 and they tell us not to worry. Just show us gameplay already, being all sneaky like this is why no one likes them.

It's weird hey.

2 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

It's weird hey.

I mean shit, 4 years and nothing that lets you know what’s in the game. We have devs leaving, I wonder if my friends step dad knows anything that he’d tell me lol.

1 minute ago, Arlong said:

I mean shit, 4 years and nothing that lets you know what’s in the game. We have devs leaving, I wonder if my friends step dad knows anything that he’d tell me lol.

I'd rather this than their Halo 5 method of marketing which was full of total shit. Did you know they've deleted the Locke vs Chief videos from their YT channel? Marketing department gone fucked up there.

I think they're playing it safe and waiting for features to be locked in, story to be finalised before they advertise what is actually is.

• Thonking (+0) 1

33 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I'd rather this than their Halo 5 method of marketing which was full of total shit. Did you know they've deleted the Locke vs Chief videos from their YT channel? Marketing department gone fucked up there.

I think they're playing it safe and waiting for features to be locked in, story to be finalised before they advertise what is actually is.

Dude there’s a thing called “too safe” people who act like that are basically too paranoid to reveal what they have because they don’t believe what they have is any good. They’ll release footage of gameplay when the games gone to a point where gameplay changes(impactful ones like sprint removal for example) can’t be done. 

37 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Did you know they've deleted the Locke vs Chief videos from their YT channel? Marketing department gone fucked up there.

Doubt that'd have been why, given there were numerous other more offending trailers they didn't remove. On top of that entire sub-website dedicated to locking in that theme that was put up, and stayed up after said videos went down. This also happened around the time Gears 4's "Tomorrow" trailer was privatized/deleted by the original Xbox Youtube channel, too. I'd imagine there were just external factors present we don't know of that resulted in them being gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Doubt that'd have been why, given there were numerous other more offending trailers they didn't remove. On top of that entire sub-website dedicated to locking in that theme that was put up, and stayed up after said videos went down. This also happened around the time Gears 4's "Tomorrow" trailer was privatized/deleted by the original Xbox Youtube channel, too. I'd imagine there were just external factors present we don't know of that resulted in them being gone.

Interesting. It's all a bit weird how this stuff happens.

I think the reason 343 does the whole secretive thing a bit is because bungie went all the way in with it so they assume its expected with Halo. I was never really a fan though. I'm FAR more interested in games with more public design processes and feedback. Best example probably being OSRS just because I like how they take feedback and discuss it in public and poll almost everything added to the game. Its just cool seeing people really make an effort to make a game that their players want to play rather than trying to make a big revolutionary change or surprise to get people to impulse buy before they really know anything about the game.

I do think there's room for both more or less rooted in the difference between a new IP nobody has ever seen before and a long standing series selling more or less entirely off of the success of previous games or updates rather than it being a totally new game

• Upvote (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Snipe Three said:

I'm FAR more interested in games with more public design processes and feedback. 

Conjecture: AAA titles will never do that because everything is all locked in nets of focus groups, proprietry tech and share prices. Just like Tom Hanks got a call from Disney lawyers because he mentioned Toy Story 4 is happening. Apparently it affected share prices just mentioning it's existence.

This would be the same thing, especially as it's Xbox's last chance to deliver the superior product. They need something massive and hundreds of millions will be resting on this. They can't be open about it because it's too big and the market can be fickle. They need a flawless gameplay trailer that will generate immense hype based on the reality of the games state, not a pre-alpha build.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Killmachine said:

@Hard Waydo u still lan with people in ohio? 2020 summer i am trying to make an effort to go to some since ill have plenty of time to do it

Yes. Come play with me :)

20 hours ago, Arlong said:

Gosh that sounds like a lot of work for a game I bet I’ll only lan once, and barely play in general. Splitscreen just causes a lot of annoyances for me, and I doubt the fov change would make me happier, especially on those small ass TVS(the big cubes) because that’s not what I’d call a splitscreen friendly tv, but I understand why it’s used for input lag reasons. 

That’s fair, especially if you don’t plan to play it often. I just wanted to give you a heads up on what might be barriers to entry, depending on the skill of your opponents. Trying to help you have fun.

21 hours ago, retrotripp95 said:

halo 2, and halo 3 are the best halo games try to change my mind 

How can I change your mind when you've just clearly displayed to us that you've lost it? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 minute ago, valaea said:

does anyone know when the PC version comes out?

Build a time machine 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, valaea said:

does anyone know when the PC version comes out?

Soon

5 hours ago, BigShow36 said:

How can I change your mind when you've just clearly displayed to us that you've lost it? 

Halo 1 is not the best Halo.

tenor.gif

• Fire (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1