CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 hours ago, Riddler said:

https://ibb.co/QbMCyYS

? 

U know WA is where 343’s at too. Cant tell me its impossible to convince any of them to lan halo. 

Edit: another tomorrow. 

__**Northwest Halo 2v2 Lan  •  12 October 2019 1pm-11pm**__

**More info:**
Hosted at JessHawk's house in Redmond, Washington
Contact him on Discord at JessHawk36#2897 or Twitter <@141556509745086464> for the full address.
I will have 4 CRT's and 4 Xbox's and a bunch of controllers. I don't have them modded yet but if anyone has the equipment would love some help with it. 
Looking for more participants, all are welcome that wanna Lan some 2v2's :)
Please bring your own food, I will grab a couple pizza's in the morning. 

**Confirmed Participants**
JessHawk36 
frolic 
PaulShi 
inRareform
Wangless 
Rugratzz

@everyone

Where’s this at? Fucking Redmond god fucking damnit, that shits a 1.5 hour drive. Like do I need to have a teammate? Like I don’t even know these people, how am I sure they’re not a bunch of weirdos? 

1 hour ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Sandstorm is a hybrid system. Hitscan up to a certain distance, projectile past that. The distance varies for each gun, so SMG's have a shorter hitscan distance etc etc. 

Really? Always thought hitscan was a code where “ if placed on target hit or something” instead of projectile speed, because even on fast projectiles there’s always a range where you need to lead.

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Where’s this at? Fucking Redmond god fucking damnit, that shits a 1.5 hour drive. Like do I need to have a teammate? Like I don’t even know these people, how am I sure they’re not a bunch of weirdos? 

just msg the guy on discord or twitter for the address. i feel like your questions are already answered. in the text it says he will provide controllers and that new players are welcomed. what new players have partners lol. i know frolic, he's fine. 

"what if theyre weirdos" dude seriously? how can you start any hobby with this mindset? I want to play soccer but what if every1 at my local soccer league are weirdos, might as well not show up. smh 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Oh god imagine hitscan rockets

I think they have something comparable in warzone,  spnkr ex or spankr prime I think.

That’s not what I meant. I meant a weapon that changes from hitscan to projectile depending on different factors like range or something 

Ah, I see. Yeah that's a little tougher. 

Roadhogs secondary fire in OW fires a single slug that travels a short distance and then air bursts into pellets. The initial slug travel is projectile and then when it bursts (I believe) the pellets are hitscan for their full range until they disappear.  That's a good projectile to hitscan example unless someone would like to correct me on it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That’s not what I meant. I meant a weapon that changes from hitscan to projectile depending on different factors like range or something 

they're effectively the same thing. also halo already has a fuel rod gun in one of those games that fires for X speed for Y frames then travels at A frames for however long. all they would have to do is increase X to whatever distance they wanted, say base to base on midship, then change the speed to like, extreme example, the speed of crouch walking. so after 1 frame there's just a bullet going the speed of crouch. you can adjust it to how you see fit. u could even do it multiple times if u wanted

Yeah writing the code for a projectile that dynamically changes speed would not be hard, I'm not an engineer by any means but I'm pretty sure even I could write the logic for that. 

Don't needles in H2 slow down after a certain distance? 

The H5 hydra when initially fired have a low launch speed, and then once they begin changing their arc to correct with the tracking they launch into a much higher projectile speed. 

This isn't difficult stuff. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 10/10/2019 at 7:51 AM, Apoll0 said:

They're just different experiences.  Neither one is objectively better than the other.  Matchmaking trades getting the "perfect" gametypes for faster games that are easier to fill.  Ideally, any Halo game should have both.  I would love to be able to setup a custom server with my own playlist that just auto-starts each game after the last one finishes.  Private matchmaking.

match making is absolute SHIT

either bring back the 6th gen GOLDEN wild west days of rambunctious game chat and halo 2 clan ladder meta and other fun shit where everyone actually interacts and rough houses and fucks around with eachother or literally just leave it dead in the water and soulless like it already is and axe it. i don't care how much of a cheap lazy population retention it is. there is zero genuine discourse or intuition whatsoever to the point you're better off running matches against high grade AI depending. i fucking dropped call of duty online at all because veteran bots gives me a way more exciting accessible consistent challenging experience than shitty shotty mexiconnection lifeless matchmaking. servers (mostly) actually give me that feel good feeling and social vibrance that early xbox live did before 360 party chat sterilized everything along with other things into muted netcode shooting xp slaving teamwork bankrupt wasteland. servers at least on computer usually have everyone's voices available to one another so it actually seems like a room of people playing a game together. especially on shit like garrys mod or halo online. yeah there is always a dumb small kid who needs to shut the fuck up and dematerialize but honestly back in the day going in and manually muting people who were shit wasn't very hard.

back in halo 2 days custom games just HAPPENED. they were honestly just started effortlessly all the time any time because people were actually in the regular matches already talking to eachother and devising some shit to go deviate and play. this started happening less and less and less in halo 3 until nobody talked on matchmaking anymore at all period.. and you had to be a friend of a friend of a friend's xbox live party or fucking grind forums to play fun halo.  

you wanna know why else i despise modern matchmaking 99.99% of games abandoned friendly fire and other minor voluntary intrusions. a completely organic scenario creating synergy. just because people have an existential stature conniption when they die, because they're not immediately as chad as [insert pro gamer here] all the fucking time constantly. i will always have infinitely more fun in the wild west than i will in this rubric club wrist chaining bullshit. im not saying dont have player booting. but being able to actually rough house with the fuckhead who took your gun or your kill so often was a connective element that made things feel dynamic and asymmetric. And not fucking Robotic. well not fucking today. every Online game dev Round the Sun Feels like Soccer Mom Esport cashing out and pandering to Little Boy Susan because GOD DAMNIT susan wants to be big boy pro mlg strimmer like Twitch Nanny ninja and GOD DAMNIT susan just can't do it with all this skill gap raw immersion tom foolery that fiddles with susan's poor precious KD. his luscious. KD. and GOD DAMNIT susan's going to let every forum in Hell hear about it until he gets his walking nascar headshot simulator. Good Day

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 6

https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/Clans

["Halo 2 is the only Halo game to explicitly support clans as a built-in option; its clan system allows a clan to hold up to 100 people. A Multiplayer emblem may only belong to one clan at a time.

There is no built-in clan ladder on Halo 3. This has led to the development of numerous informal ways to identify with a clan; clan members often share the same Emblem or Service Tag . Clans organize externally, coordinating and recruiting on websites and Bungie.net. The much larger communities of gamers are sometimes devoted to other games in addition to Halo; they also tend to be more competitive. Examples include Major League Gaming and LCU, the two largest Halo 3 gaming communities in the world. To survive, such clans tend to keep a close eye on their members' gaming activities; hold meetings; raise money to fund the community and the websites; and constantly recruit in an effort to maintain the clan's popularity and longevity."]

this bugs the shit out of me. Halo 2 had a lot of community meta that was stripped away. forge is my favorite thing about halo but it honestly feels like soul for a soul levels of compromise. because halo 3's matchmaking got more and more and more boring and stale and muted as the 360 grew on. people didn't interact in the game they interacted in their Live Party echo chambers. and the only real good purpose for forge was for clans or spontaneous custom games and the only time you ever knew about any custom game ever was through some friend list member hosting a party and people did that less and less half way through Halo 3's Lifespan. so halo 3's media Features kind of feel like a fucking Oxymoron right now. Yes you can still have fun by coordinating with people and setting up game lobby's whatnot and salvaging interaction in an isolated SCARCE Fashion but the point is Matchmaking is complete concept bankrupt Shit compared to the old days. Servers SHOULD Irrevocably replace Matchmaking. for the sake of Creation's Dignity. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

My clan used to have clan meetings in our forged meeting rooms :cool:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Basu said:

Vyrst is dropping truth bombs now?

At least he's discussing instead of driveby downvoting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Riddler said:

just msg the guy on discord or twitter for the address. i feel like your questions are already answered. in the text it says he will provide controllers and that new players are welcomed. what new players have partners lol. i know frolic, he's fine. 

"what if theyre weirdos" dude seriously? how can you start any hobby with this mindset? I want to play soccer but what if every1 at my local soccer league are weirdos, might as well not show up. smh 

That’s different, this is like a random get together with people you don’t know not some sports team. 

10 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

a good projectile to hitscan example

Wouldn’t Halo’s frags, or any explosive really, be an example of projectile to hitscan?  A thrown grenade travels through the air as a projectile but releases a hitscan explosion?  I don’t know for certain that the explosion is instant to its maximum distance but it appears to be.  

Spikes grenades are thrown as projectiles and, upon detonation, release both a hitscan explosion and projectile spikes.  

If Reach’s Grenade Launcher doesn’t have travel time on the EMP Blast, that would be a weapon example.  

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

That’s different, this is like a random get together with people you don’t know not some sports team. 

It's the same....  That's how most rec leagues work. Pickup sports. You read about it, think "sure why not" show up and see what happens.  It's the exact same thing. Even if they are weirdos who cares?  You're on a Halo forum arguing about a game that is basically dead in the popular gaming culture while we wait 5 years and pray the next one gets it right.  Fighting to keep the dream alive.  We're all weirdos in here and it's fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

It's the same....  That's how most rec leagues work. Pickup sports. You read about it, think "sure why not" show up and see what happens.  It's the exact same thing. Even if they are weirdos who cares?  You're on a Halo forum arguing about a game that is basically dead in the popular gaming culture while we wait 5 years and pray the next one gets it right.  Fighting to keep the dream alive.  We're all weirdos in here and it's fine.

Level headed comparison - IFWI

6 hours ago, Arlong said:

Sports trams are made up of random people you dont know

11 hours ago, Vyrst said:

you wanna know why else i despise modern matchmaking 99.99% of games abandoned friendly fire and other minor voluntary intrusions. a completely organic scenario creating synergy. just because people have an existential stature conniption when they die, because they're not immediately as chad as [insert pro gamer here] all the fucking time constantly. i will always have infinitely more fun in the wild west than i will in this rubric club wrist chaining bullshit. im not saying dont have player booting. but being able to actually rough house with the fuckhead who took your gun or your kill so often was a connective element that made things feel dynamic and asymmetric. And not fucking Robotic. well not fucking today. every Online game dev Round the Sun Feels like Soccer Mom Esport cashing out and pandering to Little Boy Susan because GOD DAMNIT susan wants to be big boy pro mlg strimmer like Twitch Nanny ninja and GOD DAMNIT susan just can't do it with all this skill gap raw immersion tom foolery that fiddles with susan's poor precious KD. his luscious. KD. and GOD DAMNIT susan's going to let every forum in Hell hear about it until he gets his walking nascar headshot simulator. Good Day

Oh, you're one of those kids who actually gets mad someone takes "your" gun from you, post-death/on spawn, and can't just play the game, lol. Good to know. Oh. And kills. That's a yikes.

Past that, are you literally okay? I don't mind the tons of words, but you sound like you're ready to suck on a shotgun with how you write, lmao. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Sports trams are made up of random people you dont know

I mean I’d hate it if I don’t like them and then waste a bunch of gas driving back home 

20 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I mean I’d hate it if I don’t like them and then waste a bunch of gas driving back home 

oh the horror

• Like (+1) 4

It's weird that the waypoint community are so oblivious. It's not weird that there are oblivious people, it's weird that that is the platform where they gather.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's weird that the waypoint community are so oblivious. It's not weird that there are oblivious people, it's weird that that is the platform where they gather.

It’s mostly because it’s the official 343 site. 

You know what we used to call going to Halo LANs?  Playing Halo.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1