CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3 hours ago, Vyrst said:

I actually agree. My problem is that the needle rifle is ugly as sin

The reticule is fine. Just give that to the DMR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Basu said:

Reach could benefit massively from just a few tweaks to the sanbox but given that 343 didn't fix that garbage in 2011 we're never going to see that happen. Literally:

• Disable bloom
  • Make DMR 4sk and NR 7sk
  • Magnum needs RoF nerf to not be broken, remove spread
  • Buff the AR and the other autos if you want, I really don't care

And the game is instantly 10x better, even with the AAs (ideally these should go too, but someone think of the r/halo "good positioning is not really part of my playstyle" brainlets.

• Make weapons projectile outside of a certain range (possibly outside of RRR?)

Honestly, projectile is the only way to limit weapons effectiveness at range without it being obnoxious. Random Spread, Bloom, Recoil, all of these things would exist to make long range fights harder, and would do the trick, but we have experience with each of these mechanics that tell us that they tend to make all of the shooting aids. 

The H3 BR would be fine without any random spread and a higher projectile speed. Random spread is shit, but projectile is fine as long as the bullets aren't travelling at a snails pace (halo 3 seriously wtf).

The starting weapon should be a powerhouse and should absolutely wipe the floor against any other weapon in the hands of a competent/high skill player. Pickups should be alternatives in that they do something unique (Plasma Stun for example) or that they are easier to use in exchange for being much less effective. The current attempts at making non-power weapon pickups appealing by making them straight upgrades hasn't worked and will never work, as its essentially the same problem that AR/SMG starts have, in that it is exceptionally hard to fight people who have gotten those map pick ups and as a result have a inherent advantage, leading to some severe snowballing. 

At the casual level this means the whole sandbox is open for people to use whatever guns they want, but at a high level there is a clear obvious choice weapon for the game to be played around. 

• Like (+1) 6

Is reach going to have party restrictions for ranked playlists? If not....shit is going to be mediocrity again in terms of matchmaking

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, AkaDemiK said:

Is reach going to have party restrictions for ranked playlists? If not....shit is going to be mediocrity again in terms of matchmaking

It’s humorous that you believe any Halo game will have a population large enough to support party restrictions.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

17 hours ago, Arlong said:

You can’t convince the majority of gamers out there that CE has the perfect sandbox. It doesn’t matter to people if the magnum takes a lot of skill the fact is anyone can spam that shit and get a lucky 3sk. That in itself is what makes this weapon appear over powered. And even then this weapon makes everything else sort of look useless to pick up except in niche situations. The plasma rifle has a slowdown effect but you’d probably use that against someone who picked up OS, or something right? People want a diverse sandbox, a reason to pick this weapon up, but we also want a starting weapon that’s really strong so niche weapons are at least a must. I think cod is the best example of a preferred weapon sandbox the differences between an mp5&7 aren’t too much but there’s still some difference to give me a reason to use one over the other, but at the same time both weapons are still kill effective. The biggest thing people say to people when they say the CE pistol is OP is “they’re uninformed” yet at the end of the day that doesn’t change the look CE has. 

LAN the game once. Then try talking about it like you have half a clue.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Arlong it's probably gonna fry your brain to learn that the Splitgate pistol is almost exactly the same on paper as the Ce magnum.

Only differences being that it's hitscan and one LESS bodyshot to kill.  So slightly stronger even. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

To be honest I'm just over matchmaking. The next title needs a functional customs browser at launch.

Matchmaking has always been bad compared to server browsers

4 hours ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

Matchmaking has always been bad compared to server browsers

They're just different experiences.  Neither one is objectively better than the other.  Matchmaking trades getting the "perfect" gametypes for faster games that are easier to fill.  Ideally, any Halo game should have both.  I would love to be able to setup a custom server with my own playlist that just auto-starts each game after the last one finishes.  Private matchmaking.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why they gave us pay-to-win microtransactions and wasted thousands of man-hours WZ instead of just charging for custom servers like Battlefield and/or more fileshare slots like Bungie used to do is beyond me.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Boyo said:

It’s humorous that you believe any Halo game will have a population large enough to support party restrictions.  

Idgaf if it’s 10 players in the playlist. Party restrictions is necessary to the overall enjoyment and competitiveness of multiplayer matchmaking. 343 might as well not even call it a ranked playlist if I can go in with 3 friends and get matched with 4 solo players all day. Not to mention getting matched with players outside of my skill level almost every game. How is that fair or fun to either team? ranked playlist have turned into social playlists with a number next to your name when there is no party restrictions. I would rather search and wait a while knowing that I am getting players based on the party size i searched with and close to my rank in whatever playlist I’m playing. This way I know the game will try to produce the best match possible. That’s what a proper matchmaking system should do and there hasn’t been one on this level  since halo 3. That’s pathetic and putting the blame on population is a cop out to bad decision making. 

343 can keep their current version of matchmaking, but at least give me the options to customize it a bit to search for party restrictions and skill levels if I want. I rather wait 15 mins to find a game than get matched with guys that play campaign for a living vs. a team of 4. But that’s me. 

• Like (+1) 6

On 10/9/2019 at 7:48 PM, ChieftaiNZ said:
  • Make weapons projectile outside of a certain range (possibly outside of RRR?)

Honestly, projectile is the only way to limit weapons effectiveness at range without it being obnoxious. Random Spread, Bloom, Recoil, all of these things would exist to make long range fights harder, and would do the trick, but we have experience with each of these mechanics that tell us that they tend to make all of the shooting aids. 

The H3 BR would be fine without any random spread and a higher projectile speed. Random spread is shit, but projectile is fine as long as the bullets aren't travelling at a snails pace (halo 3 seriously wtf).

The starting weapon should be a powerhouse and should absolutely wipe the floor against any other weapon in the hands of a competent/high skill player. Pickups should be alternatives in that they do something unique (Plasma Stun for example) or that they are easier to use in exchange for being much less effective. The current attempts at making non-power weapon pickups appealing by making them straight upgrades hasn't worked and will never work, as its essentially the same problem that AR/SMG starts have, in that it is exceptionally hard to fight people who have gotten those map pick ups and as a result have a inherent advantage, leading to some severe snowballing. 

At the casual level this means the whole sandbox is open for people to use whatever guns they want, but at a high level there is a clear obvious choice weapon for the game to be played around. 

Do you know any game that has a weapon like that where it’s hitscan or projectile? If a game like that exist idk what it is, because I doubt any dev would want to code that.

20 hours ago, Hard Way said:

LAN the game once. Then try talking about it like you have half a clue.

Where? I live in WA fool. I’m not going out to Florida to play with a bunch of 30 year olds. No one out here in WA plays halo, the only west players live in California or Canada, you know what most play out here? It’s either LOL, call of duty, or SP games. 
also lan isn’t even ones average experience. LAN will always be better for any game period.

20 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Do you know any game that has a weapon like that where it’s hitscan or projectile? If a game like that exist idk what it is, because I doubt any dev would want to code that.

Bo4

43 minutes ago, Arlong said:

also lan isn’t even ones average experience. LAN will always be better for any game period.

YpQT0bC.gif

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

Insurgency Sandstorm.

Black Ops 4.

5 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Insurgency Sandstorm.

Black Ops 4.

Umm that hardly counts when the two modes Regular and blackout are quite different. It’s not like the way you described of it randomly going to projectile once a certain distance or something weird like that.

and I thought sandstorm was all projectile.

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

Umm that hardly counts when the two modes Regular and blackout are quite different. It’s not like the way you described of it randomly going to projectile once a certain distance or something weird like that.

First of all, in MP SMG's are projectile in BO4.

Second. Every projectile gun is hitscan for the first tick of whatever its defined movement speed. If your bullets travel at 100' units per tick, then up to 100 units they're hitscan.

Third, Halo has had a mix? All the hitscan Halos have the covenant plasma weaponry and things like rockets that are projectile.

• Like (+1) 6

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

Literally any projectile behaves like that so its a little weird to phrase it like that. If it travels 300 units/frame then its hitscan from 1-300 units.

you can also just change the drop off distance but then snipers become too powerful. 

Edit: i got beat to the reply

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Arlong said:

Where? I live in WA fool. I’m not going out to Florida to play with a bunch of 30 year olds. No one out here in WA plays halo, the only west players live in California or Canada  

https://ibb.co/QbMCyYS

? 

U know WA is where 343’s at too. Cant tell me its impossible to convince any of them to lan halo. 

Edit: another tomorrow. 

__**Northwest Halo 2v2 Lan  •  12 October 2019 1pm-11pm**__

**More info:**
Hosted at JessHawk's house in Redmond, Washington
Contact him on Discord at JessHawk36#2897 or Twitter <@141556509745086464> for the full address.
I will have 4 CRT's and 4 Xbox's and a bunch of controllers. I don't have them modded yet but if anyone has the equipment would love some help with it. 
Looking for more participants, all are welcome that wanna Lan some 2v2's :)
Please bring your own food, I will grab a couple pizza's in the morning. 

**Confirmed Participants**
JessHawk36 
frolic 
PaulShi 
inRareform
Wangless 
Rugratzz

@everyone

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Not anymore:

• Upvote (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Pranzer said:

Not anymore:

Didn't realize that they updated it. My mistake, I was wrong. 

10 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Third, Halo has had a mix? All the hitscan Halos have the covenant plasma weaponry and things like rockets that are projectile.

Oh god imagine hitscan rockets

10 hours ago, Arlong said:

Sandstorm is a hybrid system. Hitscan up to a certain distance, projectile past that. The distance varies for each gun, so SMG's have a shorter hitscan distance etc etc. 

10 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Second. Every projectile gun is hitscan for the first tick of whatever its defined movement speed. If your bullets travel at 100' units per tick, then up to 100 units they're hitscan.

That’s not what I meant. I meant a weapon that changes from hitscan to projectile depending on different factors like range or something