CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

3chpsn.jpg

The entire game needs to be NBNS.  AT LEAST no bloom. its basically unplayable otherwise.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Fire (+1) 1

Yeah, Reach's aiming is giving me heavy H5 vibes. I don't know why H1 and H2 are so snappy (fuck H3), but they need to find a way to replicate that. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

I switched my deadzones to 0% feels decently good. Heck’s reach had fine aiming mechanics too. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Yeah, Reach's aiming is giving me heavy H5 vibes. I don't know why H1 and H2 are so snappy (fuck H3), but they need to find a way to replicate that. 

I wouldn’t go that far, h5 is extremely bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I'm calling the police.

It actually did, they were very responsive. Go play BC. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't mind Reach's aiming system all that much. Its not near H5's system in any way imo.

TU is nice, but I'm not sure its enough to keep me playing. Also Zealot is not as good of a map as I remembered it being, though I have a strange fondness for powerhouse.

I also think film grain did a lot more than I thought it did. Everything on the Xbox One X just looks so washed out?

• WutFace (+0) 1

This is definitely a bug because reach has better aiming than h3, and aiming on mcc in h3 feels very smooth. They need to iron this out. I found 0% deadzones provide less clunkyness.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gosh watching streamers run team of 4 in mm just irks me. Every game it’s a steam roll, no contest. I think there needs to be an OPTION to not match full parties. Oh so your full man squad will have long wait times, we’ll I as a solo player don’t like being punished for playing the game. When I match kinnze and his butt buddies when I’m solo I already know it’s game over. I shouldn’t have to match a party of 4 in social and definitely not in ranked. Make it so if you run full man squads you get less xp for winning against solos.  Just stop rewarding full man squads. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

This is definitely a bug because reach has better aiming than h3, and aiming on mcc in h3 feels very smooth. They need to iron this out. I found 0% deadzones provide less clunkyness.

If you're on modern aiming, lowering the dead zones is a must. It felt pretty good after doing that.

Did they tweak the LOD settings? Pretty sure I remember pop in, even in multiplayer, on the 360. Doesn't seem to be any here. Reach looking fresh to be honest. But regardless, let's be real here, Reach multiplayer is useless without ZBNS.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ethereal Nights said:

If you're on modern aiming, lowering the dead zones is a must. It felt pretty good after doing that.

Did they tweak the LOD settings? Pretty sure I remember pop in, even in multiplayer, on the 360. Doesn't seem to be any here. Reach looking fresh to be honest. But regardless, let's be real here, Reach multiplayer is useless without ZBNS.

Yeah I use modern.

I can't believe what I'm feeling when I play Halo 2, no other console game even comes close

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

13 hours ago, Xandrith said:

I can't believe what I'm feeling when I play Halo 2, no other console game even comes close

Some clarification would be nice. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

Some clarification would be nice. 

I believe he's referring to the responsiveness of the game.  It has crazy fast response time for inputs, jumping, switching weapons, all that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

I believe he's referring to the responsiveness of the game.  It has crazy fast response time for inputs, jumping, switching weapons, all that.

Oh ok then I agree with him

• Fire (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Best strafing in the series.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RTSxRagnarok said:

Am I an idiot or is there no option to disable assassinations?

That didn't exist until H5

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Best strafing in the series.

@Hard Wayand i have had this conversation before.  Halo 2 has the best movement in the series bar none and if you were to take the H2 movement and slap it into H1, a lot more people might play that game.  While the spawn system in that game can be daunting and frustrating at times, especially at higher player counts, but when team skill is even its really not that big of a deal.  A big turnoff for people just starting in that game is how muddy, delayed and slippery the movement can be. It "feels" bad until you get used to it, which is a task a lot of people won't take the time to complete.  Its even worse for people that started with later Halo games then try to go back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

Apart from reach being reach (bloom, AA's), I've been quite impressed at the level of competency 343 has been showing with this insider flight. The game runs pretty smoothly. I still don't understand why bloodshots and poor rego are so much more apparent in 343's upgrades of the halo games though, is it a 60fps conversion thing?

7 hours ago, Jarrah said:

Apart from reach being reach (bloom, AA's), I've been quite impressed at the level of competency 343 has been showing with this insider flight. The game runs pretty smoothly. I still don't understand why bloodshots and poor rego are so much more apparent in 343's upgrades of the halo games though, is it a 60fps conversion thing?

The team in charge of MCC has been constantly impressing since flighting began. They're seriously doing a good job and have been for awhile. They're a great example for the rest of 343 and hopefully it will be carried over into Infinite and beyond. They're the exact opposite of the 343 memes and what a lot of people around here expect when you hear their company name

• Like (+1) 3

14 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

That's one of the reasons I don't like Halo 3. Feels clunky and like I'm in slow motion. Things like YYing are pointless and canceling animations isn't a thing.

11 hours ago, Basu said:

That didn't exist until H5

9 hours ago, RTSxRagnarok said:

Wow silly me, talk about selective memory. 

There was definitely an option to disable in Reach. I know because it was one of the first things I looked for day 1.

20 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

There was definitely an option to disable in Reach. I know because it was one of the first things I looked for day 1.

No, there wasn’t.  I remember there were two camps.  Give me the option to disable assassinations people and just don’t hold the button down people.  

• Like (+1) 1