CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Elites were offense on some maps. Spire they were defense. Which I thought was a better invasion map than boneyard but I didn't hate it at all. I still think breakpoint was fun a hell but I almost never had it show up in the rotation.

Boneyard was an insanely terrible map. Spire also sucked but not as much. Both were atrocious for BTB. Breakpoint on the other hand was a fantastic Invasion map and also worked decently well for BTB.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 9/25/2019 at 8:36 PM, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm going to predict they forgot there was two versions of the TU settings. Which I also bet many of you forgot.

This

8 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

This

I didn’t, and they’re using the version with 85% bloom, bleed through, and the other shit.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, Hully said:

Call of Duty and Gears are all about that new game hype, Rainbow and Overwatch are still large and in charge, BR's are as popular as ever. 

Halo - Bro you see these sandbag changes on this 9 year old game?

Literally NOT a single entity being on this planet is Playing Gears of Trash 5.

OR fucking Overwatch. Troll.

You Literally act like Multiplayer Shooters are on some form of hype train right now.

What the living fuck? AAA is dying

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • Salt (-1) 5

13 minutes ago, Vyrst said:

You Literally act like Multiplayer Shooters are on some form of hype train right now.

Overwatch does okay. A lot better than most shooters on the market anyways.

3 hours ago, Vyrst said:

I think ow has done, and is doing very well considering its age. Game was very influential.

Gears 5 though you're absolutely right. That game is going to die very quickly.

4 hours ago, Vyrst said:

I never said Gears is smashing numbers, but Gears just got a new game, and it did okay on Twitch this month. Overwatch on the other hand is extremely healthy. Top 10 on Twitch for like years now, and with Grand Finals coming up, those numbers will be even better. I'm not sure how this makes me a troll when I'm not anything close to that. I never said FPS games are on a hype train, the joke is that Gears and CoD are focused on their new games, Rainbow and OW are healthy, and BR's are just as popular as ever, while in the Halo community we're discussing sandbags in a game that launched 9 years ago. Calm down man. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Vyrst said:

It's amazing how this illiterate generation of over-exaggerators took a powerful word, used and abused it so incorrectly and so frequently, that the accepted definition of the word was forced to change to the exact opposite of its intended meaning.

I've seen words get overused to the point of losing their power (amazing, hilarious, etc), but I've never seen something used so precisely incorrectly, so often, for so long, that the entire meaning of the word has flip flopped, and now there is no replacement for it. It truly is remarkable.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Fire (+1) 3

8 hours ago, Vyrst said:

Interesting to read someone so aggressively wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

Interesting to read someone so aggressively wrong.

Literally.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Simms (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It's amazing how this illiterate generation of over-exaggerators took a powerful word, used and abused it so incorrectly and so frequently, that the accepted definition of the word was forced to change to the exact opposite of its intended meaning.

I've seen words get overused to the point of losing their power (amazing, hilarious, etc), but I've never seen something used so precisely incorrectly, so often, for so long, that the entire meaning of the word has flip flopped, and now there is no replacement for it. It truly is remarkable.

This is the most racist thing I've ever read.

• Toxic (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 2

Overwatch does really good all things considered. Gears 5, yeah that games not going anywhere. Cod, hard to say, but it’s events get decent views of 30-50k so I’d say not so bad. I really want infinite to be an amazing game, and I wonder if it can pull it off. 

I’m actually really excited to watch Gears 5 tournaments after all the changes they made to Escalation.

17 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

This is the most racist thing I've ever read.

Shup up blubbernugget.

56 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Shup up blubbernugget.

Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time...

On 9/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, Hard Way said:

I mean...Bad, ill, sick, stupid, dumb, shit and im sure plenty of others do the same thing. 

Poor 4n people. Imagine trying to learn how to properly use the word shit.  Or understand it when manually translated. He is the shit is read like He has the essence of poop.  

???? 

Also “literally literally doesnt mean literally literally” is a true sentence which is neato

• Like (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

On 9/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, Hard Way said:

I know you're probably not totally serious, but this is actually a very common and interesting phenomena in language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-antonym

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunked_term

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ling Ling said:

I know you're probably not totally serious, but this is actually a very common and interesting phenomena in language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-antonym

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunked_term

That is interesting to see other examples of it. Idk why “literally” bothers me so much. Probably because it’s so perfectly wrong, and the user is usually trying to sound smart or make a strong point, and for me, it always just erases whatever they’re trying to say.

I also hate “I could care less” for similar reasons.

I hate to interrupt the unceasing semantic debate that this thread has devolved into; but In attempt to get this thread back on topic, I thought I would post some actual MCC news.

Less than 30 minutes I received an email from 343 Industries stating that I have been invited to the next Halo: Reach multiplayer flight testing on the Xbone, which "should begin in the coming days." Hopefully this isn't a violation of 343's TOS, but I thought people would be interested in this announcement.

• Like (+1) 4

37 minutes ago, BR N00b said:

I hate to interrupt the unceasing semantic debate that this thread has devolved into; but In attempt to get this thread back on topic, I thought I would post some actual MCC news.

Less than 30 minutes I received an email from 343 Industries stating that I have been invited to the next Halo: Reach multiplayer flight testing on the Xbone, which "should begin in the coming days." Hopefully this isn't a violation of 343's TOS, but I thought people would be interested in this announcement.

Oh sheeit, me too bruv. 

:intel:

• Like (+1) 1

I would recommend any further info kept to yourself. Would hate to see you get dropped because you gave away too much.

• Upvote (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I would recommend any further info kept to yourself. Would hate to see you get dropped because you gave away too much.

Absolutely, I realize that posting this might not technically be allowable per the TOS, but I will not be discussing much else in a public forum until 343i gives the all clear.

However, 343i did allow people to stream (what I believe to be) the initial Reach PC flight on Twitch. This is notable, because back when they first introduced the new "flight" system to "fix" MCC, once they allowed people to stream the flights, they also lifted the moratorium on discussing these flights in public places on the internet.

I do appreciate the concern SOUL FLAME :) .