CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

The unfortunate thing is that probably meant to say 2020, so now hoping for the full release of mcc, although bright side is the last part(h4) will be the last thing added which majority don’t give two shits for) 

We might actually have something to talk about in here

• Like (+1) 1

I'm going to predict they forgot there was two versions of the TU settings. Which I also bet many of you forgot.

• Like (+1) 1

2 versions means they're 2 times more likely do mess it up

unknown.png

The sandbags blocking the lifts on Zealot were replaced by a previously-unseen piece.

It feels weird to be excited to play a game that I've had so much disdain for over the years. I guess this is just how desperate I am for new Halo stuff. 

• Like (+1) 7

Dude I'm probably weird but I loved those anti grav sections of the maps. They didn't really make sense but I always thought it added a unique flavor to the gameplay 

Watching that stream really brings back how awful Reach was, even TU. We shit on H5 because of escapability but Reach still takes the cake in that regard. You have literally 2+ seconds to decide if you're going to fight or run away given how piss weak the DMR is. Then there's the armor abilities that suck the fun out of everything else. Bottom line the only enjoyable parts of Reach MM are going to be FF, the hardcore playlist that will have a low af population and maybe Invasion. Just like H4 and 5 the only way to actually enjoy the game will be to play customs with unofficial/modded settings.

7 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I'm going to predict they forgot there was two versions of the TU settings. Which I also bet many of you forgot.

Are you referring to the one with bleed-through and the one without?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hully said:

It feels weird to be excited to play a game that I've had so much disdain for over the years. I guess this is just how desperate I am for new Halo stuff. 

This. I used to feel that way. I’ve pretty much lost any and all hype or excitement for anything they’ve been talking about. I looked back, and I signed up for the test flights on April 15th... It is now the middle of September and we’re just getting a PREVIEW of the first multiplayer test flight. 343 is absolutely garbage at maintaining hype for anything they announce at this point.

I haven’t posted much here, so sorry for the random negative nancy comment, but I can’t be the only one who feels this way...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hully said:

I always liked ZBNS, and I'm hopeful for mods.

• Fire (+1) 1

Am I the only one shitting bricks over that sandbag replacement? I wonder if they cleaned up the tele area in the Hardcore variant. What about the sandbags on Countdown? I need answers.

We've already established that halo ain't coming back to the top spot. It doesn't even matter anyway. The Red orchestra and rising storm series of games are great, but are they super popular? No. I'll take a great game over a popular game any day of the week. And believe me, with halo this is a choice between the two.

1 hour ago, II7 HUNTER II7 said:

Fuck Reach 

Lol

• Like (+1) 2

I don't care how much the newer or younger fans love Reach, it is a fact that this game was what killed the franchise and halved the community.  Sure NBNSv7 is bearable and the Forge/Custom game options were above H3; but we literally went from over a million concurrent players to less than half of that a couple of months after the game came out.  There is no defending it, people who like Halo want to actually play a Halo game, the silent majority proves that people will simply play a different game that does the advanced movement/ability gimmicks better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

As someone that loved v7, I'm actually pretty excited about Reach coming to MCC. Ranked Invasion sounds interesting too. And I'm excited for the XP system too. I know it doesn't affect gameplay at all, but having something to work towards motivates me to play a lot more. Maybe that's a fault in my brain. I wouldn't even argue that. But it's there and it's real, and I'm excited to satiate that part of my brain so I can play Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Invasion was awful. Spawning with a plasma repeater and having to sprint halfway across fucking Boneyard just to fight some stupid AR moshpit battle around the generators made me ask myself out loud, "what am I even doing here?"

Actually did elites even have sprint in invasion? Were they offense on Boneyard? I don't even remember, that's how forgettable that shit was.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Invasion was awful. Spawning with a plasma repeater and having to sprint halfway across fucking Boneyard just to fight some stupid AR moshpit battle around the generators made me ask myself out loud, "what am I even doing here?"

Actually did elites even have sprint in invasion? Were they offense on Boneyard? I don't even remember, that's how forgettable that shit was.

Evade bro. 

Elites were offense.

I remember spawning on the bottom of the map with just plasma repeaters and there being a single needle rifle spawn way to the right of spawn.

Meanwhile the Spartan side could just sit up on the ship hangar and shoot down at you into your spawn with Magnums and a couple DMR spawns.

So your only recourse was to dash between rocks trying to get to the ramp on the opposite side of spawn that leads up to the ship, or be the first person to that one needle rifle...that incidentally is also near the ramp.

Boy that is just...mmm...that sure is something..

• Like (+1) 1