CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

14 minutes ago, Hully said:

I've stopped jogging in real life because I hate sprint so much. 

Keep your knife out if you’re in a hurry.  

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

35 minutes ago, Hully said:

I've stopped jogging in real life because I hate sprint so much. 

Whilst this made me genuinely laugh out loud, I have my first half marathon coming up and I am quite excited.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Whilst this made me genuinely laugh out loud, I have my first half marathon coming up and I am quite excited.

Did you say... excited... for a Marathon? Like, you know the first person who did that (allegedly) died right?

Joking aside good luck, i hope your training is going well. You won't find me running a marathon anytime soon. I hate running with a fiery passion.  I like OCRs though... which are still mostly running... go figure.

• Simms (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Apoll0 said:

Did you say... excited... for a Marathon? Like, you know the first person who did that (allegedly) died right?

Joking aside good luck, i hope your training is going well. You won't find me running a marathon anytime soon. I hate running with a fiery passion.  I like OCRs though... which are still mostly running... go figure.

Half marathon. I couldn't run 100m without keeling over and almost vomiting at the start of the year and now I'm here...

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

Half marathon. I couldn't run 100m without keeling over and almost vomiting at the start of the year and now I'm here...

LOL yeah totally missed the "half". So you'll only be half-dead at the end.  Good job though, I have another OCR in a couple weeks then it'll be time to lay on the winter fat.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone know when MCC PC is coming out? I sold my 2 xboxes and bought a PC when the news broke, but haven't heard anything other than they're releasing the games individually, and Reach will be the first. 

8 minutes ago, Beryl AU said:

Does anyone know when MCC PC is coming out? I sold my 2 xboxes and bought a PC when the news broke, but haven't heard anything other than they're releasing the games individually, and Reach will be the first. 

Gonna be a while, they're still in early testing for Reach. They haven't even started working on the other games yet. If you want to play Halo on PC now, there's ElDewrito and H2V Project Cartographer to bridge the gap.

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine talking about Halo MCC in the Halo MCC thread. Maybe if we had actually got that original testing in April we might have something to talk about. To think I originally thought we might have had Halo 3 on PC by the end of the year lol.

3 hours ago, Beryl AU said:

When Halo 5's frame rate issues in forge are fixed.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, JordanB said:

Imagine talking about Halo MCC in the Halo MCC thread. Maybe if we had actually got that original testing in April we might have something to talk about. To think I originally thought we might have had Halo 3 on PC by the end of the year lol.

Dude that shit wasn’t ever guaranteed,  and it’s been explained why a dozens times. Just be patient, shit. I’m calling it now it’ll be out by November. The firefight beta was great, minimal bugs. They’re honestly pretty close to release.

22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Dude that shit wasn’t ever guaranteed,  and it’s been explained why a dozens times. Just be patient, shit. I’m calling it now it’ll be out by November. The firefight beta was great, minimal bugs. They’re honestly pretty close to release.

Halo and being patient, is there a better relationship

• Thonking (+0) 1

46 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Halo and being patient, is there a better relationship

All jokes aside you don’t have a choice just like the rest of us, no point in bitching about something that wasn’t promised. It was specifically said it would release UNLESS something came up, and it DID.

39 minutes ago, Arlong said:

All jokes aside you don’t have a choice just like the rest of us, no point in bitching about something that wasn’t promised. It was specifically said it would release UNLESS something came up, and it DID.

Do you actually think my comment is bitching? It's simply a comment and I was poking fun. Do you work at 343 or something lol man you take that personal. Better than the horseshit "what is an opinion" that none of us actually know.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Shekkles said:

There's always a silver lining to Halo being so shitty; it makes you go outside and do other things. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Yall know we dont have a reaction time of zero? Whether you fire a hitscan or projectile weapon, you are predicting where the opponent will be X time from now. Its just projectile adds time to the X. 

10 hours ago, JordanB said:

Do you actually think my comment is bitching? It's simply a comment and I was poking fun. Do you work at 343 or something lol man you take that personal. Better than the horseshit "what is an opinion" that none of us actually know.

No it’s just I’m tired of reading impatient comments and I read/hear em often from other places not just here. 

16 hours ago, Riddler said:

Yall know we dont have a reaction time of zero? Whether you fire a hitscan or projectile weapon, you are predicting where the opponent will be X time from now. Its just projectile adds time to the X. 

This isn’t right.  Hitscan is like snapping a photo.  If the target is centered in the frame when you press the shutter button, you get a hit.  Projectile is like landing a rover on Mars.  You are causing two independent, moving bodies to collide in space and time.  When the rover lands, Mars is not necessarily in the same place as it was when the rover was first launched.

7 hours ago, Boyo said:

This isn’t right.  Hitscan is like snapping a photo.  If the target is centered in the frame when you press the shutter button, you get a hit.  Projectile is like landing a rover on Mars.  You are causing two independent, moving bodies to collide in space and time.  When the rover lands, Mars is not necessarily in the same place as it was when the rover was first launched.

It is right and your explanation isnt even going against what i just said. It takes 12frames/200ms of reaction to take that photo. Imagine if i start a stop clock. I want you to take a picture of it at 1ms . Youll never be able to do this even though your camera takes a snapshot immediately. The earliest youll get it is 200ms, unless you predict when ill press it...  

I wrote this before i wrote above so theres some overlap in points sorry. try to shoot someone running from gold two to barrels on h3 guardian with a snipe from s3 (top of gay jump to g2). Its literally impossible even tho travel time is 1 frame/basically hitscan. This because it takes less than 200ms to cross that gap so u cant react in time. It takes 200ms/12 frames for the average person to react. Just because hes in your crosshair when you see him, doesnt mean he will still be there 12frames later. If he crouches, teleports, or you know, moves quickly, youll just miss. You can continously move your crosshair to follow him, but that only works because you are predicting where he’ll be. 

16 hours ago, Riddler said:

It is right and your explanation isnt even going against what i just said. It takes 12frames/200ms of reaction to take that photo. Imagine if i start a stop clock. I want you to take a picture of it at 1ms . Youll never be able to do this even though your camera takes a snapshot immediately. The earliest youll get it is 200ms, unless you predict when ill press it...  

I wrote this before i wrote above so theres some overlap in points sorry. try to shoot someone running from gold two to barrels on h3 guardian with a snipe from s3 (top of gay jump to g2). Its literally impossible even tho travel time is 1 frame/basically hitscan. This because it takes less than 200ms to cross that gap so u cant react in time. It takes 200ms/12 frames for the average person to react. Just because hes in your crosshair when you see him, doesnt mean he will still be there 12frames later. If he crouches, teleports, or you know, moves quickly, youll just miss. You can continously move your crosshair to follow him, but that only works because you are predicting where he’ll be. 

im not following your point.  Are you saying projectile is unnecessary because hitscan still involves the latency of natural reaction time?

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

im not following your point.  Are you saying projectile is unnecessary because hitscan still involves the latency of natural reaction time?

No. My point is that people say projectile is inconsistent because you have to predict where people go... but you do that with hitscan. Like base to base on hang em is an additional 5 frames at the max on top of the 12 and close range its an additional 1. Oh yeah 13-14 frames for 90% of comp maps is so much worse and makes the it appear luckbased. But 12 frames? Ooooh man, all skill baby. And thats before we even add input lag on console and display lag on a monitor for another 3/4 frames. So its 15 vs 16/17. 

I understand its an extra layer to think about... which is why it takes more skill. 

• Like (+1) 3

A game can’t be designed around your shitty WiFi that goes out every time Rhonda decides to microwave a burrito downstairs.  Oh and maybe don’t use a literal fucking etch a sketch as your gaming monitor dumass lmao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Boyo said:

A game can’t be designed around your shitty WiFi that goes out when Rhonda decides to microwave a burrito downstairs.  Oh and maybe don’t use a literal fucking etch a sketch as your gaming monitor dumass lmao

Did beast forget to switch accounts?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

Steam release date announced (obviously a mistake but hey I wouldn't be surprised). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Steam release date announced (obviously a mistake but hey I wouldn't be surprised). 

Lol probably a mistake on steam's part rather than 343's but this is probably the most 343 thing I've seen in a minute I swear its always Halo when I see these things

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2