CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Well god knows we can't have that

No and you’re sure as hell aren’t getting it. You’re reading too deep  in it, you’re thinking I’m being angry or mad when I type something like “stfu or this is stupid” don’t take it so harshly. People swear, it’s a normal form of communication outside of professional situations. I’m never going to just say something like I’m some kid off Disney JR. like shit you act like I hate you or something.

13 minutes ago, Arlong said:

No and you’re sure as hell aren’t getting it. You’re reading too deep  in it, you’re thinking I’m being angry or mad when I type something like “stfu or this is stupid” don’t take it so harshly. People swear, it’s a normal form of communication outside of professional situations. I’m never going to just say something like I’m some kid off Disney JR. like shit you act like I hate you or something.

I don't even understand what point you're trying to make here.

First you're defending you lack of interesting in Gears 5, now you seem to be defending the language you used to convey that disinterest then you further accuse Lemon of calling you out on your language somehow despite him never doing so.

Stop knee-jerk reacting so sensitively mate, you're making no sense.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

First you're defending you lack of interesting in Gears 5, now you seem to be defending the language you used to convey that disinterest then you further accuse Lemon of calling you out on your language somehow despite him never doing so.

It’s because this topic started off on that, then it turned to a topic of opinions can be wrong, when I’m telling people they can’t be wrong when it’s a matter of likes and dislikes. So I’m also assuming the reason my comment was so disliked in the first place was because I didn’t say it in a nice way. I said gears was shit, and that opinion just couldn’t be acknowledged or respected. I love h3 but I don’t get mad when someone says that game was shit(and I see it all the time) 

17 minutes ago, Arlong said:

So I’m also assuming the reason my comment was so disliked in the first place was because I didn’t say it in a nice way. I said gears was shit, and that opinion just couldn’t be acknowledged or respected. 

The mistake you made was thinking people care. If a game comes out and people like it, leave them to it unless you're providing criticism with the intention of bettering the game. But that would put you in the "liking it" camp because you like the core of it and would like to see it improved.

If you don't like the game at all on any level, just don't talk about it. Your opinion isn't worth anything because it's worthless to the discussion. Not because you as a person are worthless but that your opinion on that subject is literally useless.

There's enough negativity already, no need for more, particularly from someone who has no interest in the game.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

The mistake you made was thinking people care. If a game comes out and people like it, leave them to it unless you're providing criticism with the intention of bettering the game. But that would put you in the "liking it" camp because you like the core of it and would like to see it improved.

If you don't like the game at all on any level, just don't talk about it. Your opinion isn't worth anything because it's worthless to the discussion. Not because you as a person are worthless but that your opinion on that subject is literally useless.

There's enough negativity already, no need for more, particularly from someone who has no interest in the game.

I don’t enjoy battle royale games whatsoever. I also acknowledge that they’re fine games in their own right, and they’re well made. I understand the appeal. It’s just not for me.

How hard is that?

• Like (+1) 4

I used to think Arlong was really Fix Aiming. 

I am now convinced he is definitely his own entity. 

But deep down, I’d like to believe it is possible that Arlong really is Fix Aiming, and Supermelee24 and the man behind these profiles is simply the most dedicated and sophisticated troll of all time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I did as well until someone gave him a +1. 

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I am now convinced he is definitely his own entity. 

But deep down, I’d like to believe it is possible that Arlong really is Fix Aiming, and Supermelee24 and the man behind these profiles is simply the most dedicated and sophisticated troll of all time. 

Idk who that is. Guess I’m a troll though for having my own viewpoints. Oh and don’t come up with some snarky excuse because I’m not going to care or acknowledge it.

13 hours ago, Arlong said:

There’s certain opinions that can be wrong, but an opinion of likes and dislikes can’t.

"I don't like Gears" is a form of dislike. "Gears is a shit game" is beyond dislike. These are two different statements.

This started because someone disliked my opinion of gears because I said it was a shitty game. What did you want me to be nice about it or something and simply say “I don’t like gears”? 

Uhh, yeah. See below. You just said it yourself.

One person likes the color red, the other person dislikes the color red.

• Like (+1) 1

i take credit for anything that happens. ever. good or bad.

I'm literally God

2 hours ago, Vyrst said:

i take credit for anything that happens. ever. good or bad.

I'm literally God

#thoughtsandprayers

23 hours ago, Shekkles said:

TeamBeyond team and mods, well done. You have alienated your forum base.

You committed the ultimate cardinal sin, you got personal. You, as a team of professionals trying to make money, got personal. You got personal and decided to insult your playbase, calling us "knee-jerks" and "sensitive". Not a wise move.

We won't forget this. You've set a new tone for the kind of interaction we'll be having with you. It's a cold one. One where there aren't any illusions about the reality of the situation. Previous notions of "family" are dead. We are mere consumers to you, and that is obvious.

You have chosen to bring in a new era of hostility and bitterness. Well done. Great PR move.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 3

Just now, NavG123 said:

Previous notions of "family" are dead.

You thought of me as family? :prayers:

I'm assuming that's a copypasta from the Apex sub? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Arlong said:

Gosh you people are weird. 

5192013032518Xl8pjnl.gif

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/8/2019 at 1:56 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

I remember when I thought opinions couldn't be wrong. All the way back when I was 17. 

I wanna go down this rabbit hole. How do you figure any opinion can be wrong by definition?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I wanna go down this rabbit hole. How do you figure any opinion can be wrong by definition?

In my opinion the earth is flat. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BigShow36 said:

In my opinion the earth is flat. 

I think a big thing to this is that we misconstrue and misuse the term "opinion" like that. Opinions aren't arguments in that sense. It isn't your opinion the Earth is flat, you came to be convinced of that, regardless of whether or not you like it. The "opinion" is just that. The like, regardless of the fact. Not the argument, or validity of the argument with said facts. Hence why you can like something in spite of how poorly made it could be, just because it appeals to you. That's not a proper sentence or rebuttal.

• Like (+1) 1