CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

7 hours ago, Arlong said:

I didn’t even play badly or anything,

Quake has ridiculous movement speed, which negates the whole positioning skill you’d see in other shooters,

:walshy:

Eh guess you’re just one of the exceptions but I bet you most people my age(20) don’t even know what that game is. 

We're the same fucking age.

13 hours ago, Hard Way said:

It's like if mainstream pop culture became sentient and starting posting on our forum.

The Death of Nuance: Halo Edition

19 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. 

Ghost recon I used to love that game! Been a while since I played one of those though. Might get the new one coming out.

11 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Fix aiming.

Sorry.

Ahh h5 the only halo where anyone had to ask for aiming fixes and got denied basically every time, sorry to me if you fuck a core feature of a shooter and fail to fix it, you don’t get a pass. 

13 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

:walshy:

We're the same fucking age.

And, I said most people, fool. Can you even name any people you know that play or ever played quake? The only ones I do are 30 years old. I know what quake is because I came across it randomly watching halo reach videos. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

And, I said most people, fool. Can you even name any people you know that play or ever played quake? The only ones I do are 30 years old. I know what quake is because I came across it randomly watching halo reach videos. 

There are so many contradictions in this post it caused me an aneurysm. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

19 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

There are so many contradictions in this post it caused me an aneurysm. 

There’s no contradictions. A 30 year old clearly would of grew up with a game like quake, considering the time frame it came out those people would be in their teens in the 90s, and I was watching reach videos and it comes up as a recommendation because they’re both arena games. FYI I was doing this around like 2011 or 12. 

Ok bad math, they’d be like 10 around late 90s, early 2000s they’d be teens

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

There’s no contradictions.

Let's unpack it then.

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

And, I said most people, fool. 

Called someone else a fool.

Can you even name any people you know that play or ever played quake? 

Implying a fellow twenty year old doesn't know anyone because you don't. (again this is the whole "I don't know it therefore it doesn't exist" bollocks). Also you're saying this in response to someone who stated they are also 20 and do know what Quake is.

The only ones I do are 30 years old.

After implying you don't know anyone that plays Quake, you immediately follow it up saying you know people that have played Quake.

I know what quake is because I came across it randomly watching halo reach videos. 

The implication here is you only know it by proxy to another game, yet someone you know a bunch of 30 year olds that play, making this statement redundant.

So, in summary, you don't know anyone who plays the game. No-one else who is 20 knows anyone that plays the game. You also do know people that play the game. You're literally responding to a 20 year old who has played the game. You then claim you only know about it by proxy, yet apparently know people that play it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mow said:

Naded fighting the good fight on twitter

His responses are great as well.

I dislike people that think like Jacksonian there. People defending poor gimmicks because PeOplE eXpEcT iT iN tHe GaMe. It assumes all players are morons and just run towards the next shiny thing.

That is true to a degree, there is a large tourist base who will do this. But for extended enjoyment and a hardcore fanbase you make the game actually good, not build-by-committee trend-chasing nonsense.

Case in point: The massive hype for the new Modern Warfare. They removed a shitload of gimmicks and focused solely on the absolute core loop (more realistic guns, better sounds (for impact and player satisfaction), better animation, more realistic environments, more gameplay options, crossplay, more customisation.

100% of these are core gameplay focused features and not gimmicks for tourists.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Won't matter.

I don't remember saying it would?

1 minute ago, Shekkles said:

His responses are great as well.

Yeah, thought it was interesting to see more people of prominence speaking up about it, and people like Greenskull who have seemingly changed their minds on the matter, I still don't doubt that Infinite will have sprint though, sadly.

5 minutes ago, Mow said:

I still don't doubt that Infinite will have sprint though, sadly.

Neither.

28 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Let's unpack it then.

Called someone else a fool.

Implying a fellow twenty year old doesn't know anyone because you don't. (again this is the whole "I don't know it therefore it doesn't exist bollocks). Also you're saying this in response to someone who stated they are also 20 and do know what Quake is.

After implying you don't know anyone that plays Quake, you immediately follow it up saying you know people that have played Quake.

The implication here is you only know it by proxy to another game, yet someone you know a bunch of 30 year olds that play, making this statement redundant.

So, in summary, you don't know anyone who plays the game. No-one else who is 20 knows anyone that plays the game. You also do know people that play the game. You're literally responding to a 20 year old who has played the game. You then claim you only know about it by proxy, yet apparently know people that play it. 

I mean I know 30 year olds who’ve played it, since I asked at one point. Steve is all I know. (The shadowrun programmer) I didn’t think to be taken literally with the word bunch. 

16 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

Neither.

I’m pretty convinced the perfect balance is to have NS for 4s and sprint for BTB and war zone. Think for a second here, what group wanted sprint in halo? The BTB kids. It makes sense to have sprint on a map like water works or Valhalla. But sprint  doesn’t work at all on a map like guardian or sanctuary(ok this one is sort of up for debate since it didn’t play super bad with sprint but you get the idea) . The people who want sprint the most are the people who love BTB. So give it to them, but give those who play normal 4v4 no sprint with maps built with NS in mind. Would it be that big a struggle to go to a playlist with sprint and without? And it’s not like they have multiple TPS and man cannons, heck’s avalanche has all that, yet I still think sprint could make the map better.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:06 PM, Basu said:

If you're on 360 or backwords comp and need them right now search "DojuDoju" he has everything. Also "Yoseph is SiK" has some good maps on his FS. If you mean for the transfer, yes I have everything saved on an alt account.

was for the transfer. it has a camo modded to have longer duration and 343 said mods have a good chance of working which is why i wanted to know

• Fire (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I mean I know 30 year olds who’ve played it, since I asked at one point. Steve is all I know. (The shadowrun programmer) I didn’t think to be taken literally with the word bunch. 

You said "ones" plural which is why I believed you knew more than one. It matters what you type. Intent =/= reader comprehension.

8 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

You said "ones" plural which is why I believed you knew more than one. It matters what you type. Intent =/= reader comprehension.

True I will admit my fault for that one, as it’s all on me. I don’t know many, maybe because majority of gamers I know are console and I don’t know if quake was ever on console. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

sprint is worse for btb than 4v4 yall. u know how sprint elongates maps? well now u have a big team map that is even longer with an accurate starting weapon. its just no mans land for miles. Let's not just stick all the problems to a part of the game "we" don't play. let's get rid of the damn problem. 

with that said sprint is terrible for 4v4 too. also sprint should be in halo, as a custom game option and we can have action sack games built around it. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't think i've ever read on any forum or heard anyone say

"Yeah I didn't buy this game because it didn't have sprint." 

google any game that doesnt have sprint "sprint game" and you get no results or troll threads

• Like (+1) 2

Seriously the perfect way to please both sides is my method, as there’s decent evidence to prove this just by looking at reach. Reach played great with no sprint and going from a playlist like V7 to BTB didn’t feel alien or weird(I’m basing this on mine and others experience so I’m obviously not completely factual in this regard) it felt pretty tame. BTB feels right with sprint, and I’m sure many BTB players would agree, as many maps in the series could of used it, and it’s kinda obvious by adding teleporters to some maps wouldn’t work. And it still would only increase the ability to move faster by a 5% margin where I believe sprint would be a 15-25% increase.