CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, Riddler said:

Did anyone have goldpro gametypes on their fileshare

Basu does I believe.

15 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

2.8 mil copies by Feb 2019. A quarter of a million two weeks after launching on Switch. Consistent free DLC. Made by three guys. It was huge lmao.

Pftt Still looks like a shitty game. And making dlc for that seems pretty easy if you ask me. Still not a highly played successful project like a MP game.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

11 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Pftt Still looks like a shitty game. And making dlc for that seems pretty easy if you ask me. Still not a highly played successful project like a MP game.

You're a creature.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Arlong said:

And here we have a perfect example of someone that has become aware of his own ignorance, but is too proud and insecure for it to have an effect.  My favorite type of person. Please never vote.

• Like (+1) 6

40 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

And here we have a perfect example of someone that has become aware of his own ignorance, but is too proud and insecure for it to have an effect.  My favorite type of person. Please never vote.

I just prefer multiplayer centric video games. I think single player games like hollowknight are just boring. Nothing about proudness. Maybe if it was dark souls or a game like that I’d think it be pretty cool, but other than that, no way. 

Still doesn’t escape the fact the games listed originally aren’t multiplayer centric games that have gone a route of extra content without having paid DLC, or MTX. Hollowknight is the game you play for a couple days at best, and then never return to it because once you completed it across all it’s difficulty’s it becomes boring and now you have nothing left to do. I’m not a proud individual, I can play a game and know I don’t enjoy it, simply because a game like hollowknight would bring no enjoyment towards me, as I’ve played many of its kind. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don’t really understand what’s so hard to believe about my opinion. I think hollowknight is a bad game, simply because of the game it is. I hardly enjoy single player games at all, with minor exceptions. In before someone here decides to rant and say “it’s not about you disliking Knight, but it’s how you go about it all rude and disrespectful, and you refuse to acknowledge that” I know that’s what someone’s thinking. 

I double post because this website doesn’t update the information that a post has been edited by others, and when making my original post I didn’t think to add the other text, and even then like I stated no one reads the EDIT. Because they only saw the previous text, which is why forums to need to note

• Downvote (-1) 1

@Arlong I was going to start dogging you but then you said Dark Souls is cool so I'll leave you alone for now. 

I just finished my 3rdish play through of DS1 the other day, and I've done DS3 like 7 or 8 times I don't remember. Bloodborne twice. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Riddler said:

Did anyone have goldpro gametypes on their fileshare

4 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Basu does I believe.

If you're on 360 or backwords comp and need them right now search "DojuDoju" he has everything. Also "Yoseph is SiK" has some good maps on his FS. If you mean for the transfer, yes I have everything saved on an alt account.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I just prefer multiplayer centric video games. I think single player games like hollowknight are just boring. Nothing about proudness. Maybe if it was dark souls or a game like that I’d think it be pretty cool, but other than that, no way. 

Still doesn’t escape the fact the games listed originally aren’t multiplayer centric games that have gone a route of extra content without having paid DLC, or MTX. Hollowknight is the game you play for a couple days at best, and then never return to it because once you completed it across all it’s difficulty’s it becomes boring and now you have nothing left to do. I’m not a proud individual, I can play a game and know I don’t enjoy it, simply because a game like hollowknight would bring no enjoyment towards me, as I’ve played many of its kind. 

Do you just not like all single player games ever? Did you never play NES, SNES, N64 games? I can understand preferring multiplayer>sp but not every sp game is boring. Hell Halo CE campaign alone I've beaten more times than I'd care to count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Hollowknight is the game you play for a couple days at best, and then never return to it because once you completed it across all it’s difficulty’s it becomes boring and now you have nothing left to do.

I know four different people who replay Hollow Knight habitually to try out new shit. It's literally doing the exact same metroidvania shit everyone loves about Dark Souls lmfao.

I do a full annual playthrough of Bloodborne around October. I think I've started somewhere around 15 characters across three platforms in DS1. I still crack open Shadow of the Colossus or Ace Combat when I can and I'm doing a completionist NG+ challenge run of Sekiro. Idk what rock you've been under but single player games are the shit right now.

I don't begrudge anyone for having different tastes but for the love of god fam that was obdurate af.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JordanB said:

Do you just not like all single player games ever? Did you never play NES, SNES, N64 games? I can understand preferring multiplayer>sp but not every sp game is boring. Hell Halo CE campaign alone I've beaten more times than I'd care to count.

Shooter campaigns are boring as hell, I enjoyed h3s like 6 years ago, now it’s just rather dull to me. 

And yeah I played some N64 games back when I was younger but these days I can’t bring myself to play em.

I hate single player games unless they have a coop option as playing with a friend makes the experience so much better. God of war and Spider-Man are those exceptions because of “special place in my heart you can say” but even those get easily boring. Dark souls has meaningful combat, and loot to grind for, this is how you make a single player game worth playing and that’s the loot, that cool armor or weapon set is just so alluring. A MP game like halo or apex never bores me because the experience is never the same, but an AI always is predictable or just super annoying to fight. But a human can do things you’d expect or won’t expect and regardless of skill and experience you can never be 100% consistent with it and that’s what makes it so fun. Look at speed runners and the shit they do, they’re able to do it because the game acts the same way every time, the patterns are easily figured out once you put time in it. This is why linear campaigns aren’t the rage these days because the experience easily becomes dull, and an open world game like Spider-Man ps4 can give tons of hours of fun as there’s so much to do, but eventually you’ll get to a point where it’s no longer fun, you’re TOO GOOD, and now that cool move is no longer exciting. But when I play apex and take out an entire team by myself is so exciting and fun, that I can’t get bored. I also love MMO games and have been enjoying old republic so far, been a while since I found an mmo that truly stole my heart, and I’m wondering if WOW classic can do the same.

• Downvote (-1) 1

SNES is probably my favorite console generation.  You are really missing out on some fantastic classic games like Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past if you’ve never played them.  Definitely in my top 10.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

SNES is probably my favorite console generation.  You are really missing out on some fantastic classic games like Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past if you’ve never played them.  Definitely in my top 10.  

I didn’t grow up on it, so that’s probably why. For me the best generation was 360 where I spent most my time on h3 and reach.

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

I just prefer multiplayer centric video games. I think single player games like hollowknight are just boring. Nothing about proudness. 

Yeah and that's fine. I hate playing Hollow Knight. I don't like platformers. It's not my kind of game whatsoever.

But you said it's not popular or successful, which is objectively wrong. Your opinion does not affect the popularity of a game.

Additionally you like Dark Souls and Hollow Knight is literally 2D Dark Souls lol.

Next you'll be saying The Sims isn't popular because you don't like it.

I've had a strong urge lately to play 2D platformers even though I've only played like 3 in my entire life. The SNES one with Donald Duck, Rayman, and Mario.

I'll probably start with Celeste. Love the look.

4 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

I've had a strong urge lately to play 2D platformers even though I've only played like 3 in my entire life. The SNES one with Donald Duck, Rayman, and Mario.

I'll probably start with Celeste. Love the look.

I’m currently working my way through Donkey Kong Country.  Haven’t played Celeste.  I’ll look it up.

15 hours ago, Basu said:

Oh really?

wgyvxkuiud2j2pha60nj.gif

It literally tightens your spread by a huge margin. Even within RRR it makes sense to zoom in because it reduces you spread so much. Really, RRR extension is a smaller benefit than getting your weapon spread and recoil cut by 75% just by tapping a button. This functions exactly like CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall and all the other modern military FPS.  How is this not forcing me to use the scope in order to not be at a massive disadvantage? I'd love to see an AR or SMG  1v1 past CQC range with one dude scoping in and the other hipfiring. (inb4 "youre a dumbass for using the smg at that range").

And no it doesn't fuction exactly like the BR and DMR and that is exactly the problem. RRR extension has always existed and isn't an issue because you can still overcome it by having superior aim and it doesn't change the way your weapon functions (on top of being 100% illogical and going against IMMERSION, why does switching from the visor the the weapon-smart link tighten spread? Makes me not feel like a super soldier tbh).

Wrong. Apparently H4 also had shit like this but it's nowhere near the level of H5 ADS nonsense, plus the autos didn't have scopes yet.

ooor they were trying to save face and not come out saying "we copied ADS to attract more CoD tourists".

Yeah I play the "damn game" and noticed the SMG and AR become more accurate by zooming in. Or the suppressor/needler/boltshot/plasma pistol tracking people cross-map because of ADS benefits that never existed before. You should pick up some weapons off the map at some point even if you wished they didn't exist.

It's fine if you think ADS bonuses are a good thing or even better than what Halo used to have, we've seen countless times how things come down to preference (hah) but let's not pretend like things have always been this way. 343 definitely shoehorned in a new mechanic here and Josh lied to our faces about it. Clever world play like "hipfire penalty" and "bonus to scoping" just don't cut it.

Imagine using a beta, long since patched over as proof to a point. Imagine thinking that was the point. Imagine thinking even if it was the point, this gif proves it. When it doesn't. 

The point isn't on the fact you have an aim assist range increase (And in the beta's case, major spread decrease), the fucking point is on how the gun wasn't useless out of scope and penalizing you for hipfiring. I'll clarify and elaborate. The SMG's issue in the beta ironically enough wasn't the fact it had a laser-ADS mechanic that outright outclassed its unscoped ability to dish out damage and made you rely on said ADS mechanic. The issue was it being a fucking hose in CQC, on top of its laser ADS. Much like the AR. Because, surprise, it was effective, way too much so, in and out of scope, because the scope was circumstantial based on the range you actually needed to fight in with the gun. That is literally THE point, here. The entire thing I've been arguing. And all that Halo 5's CD said on it. Nothing else. I don't care if you're arguing for the spread decrease, that doesn't actually change the point or disprove it. I could not know the spread decrease ever existed and it wouldn't change what's being argued. 

With that said, you're outright deluding yourself if you think this is anywhere near CoD/BF/TF. Three game franchises with weapons notoriously and obviously based around ADS gameplay, with hipfire being outright penalized. You literally can't play a game of CoD like Halo, only using your ADS when you just can't get red reticle on your target, while hipfiring the rest. Because every gun in that game has actual, detrimental hipfire penalties that enforce the use of ADS. As do the other two franchises. Halo 5 doesn't enforce ADS, and I shouldn't have to tell you why. Put it together. You're lying to yourself if you think or try to promote the idea they're anything alike. No idea what you're on about.

P.S) Descope exists. In every engagement. Removing those benefits immediately.

Third, every single weapon you listed having received new ADS benefits doesn't gain an accuracy increase because they all fucking track players. That ADS mechanic isn't giving a homing weapon MORE accuracy, it's giving it MORE range. Not the same thing at all. 

Fourth, never once said ADS bonuses are good and that's outside of my point anyway.

Fifth, ugh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

34 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I’m currently working my way through Donkey Kong Country.  Haven’t played Celeste.  I’ll look it up.

Oh man, thanks for reminding me of DKC. I remember watching my brother play those. Definitely on my list now.

2 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Yeah and that's fine. I hate playing Hollow Knight. I don't like platformers. It's not my kind of game whatsoever.

But you said it's not popular or successful, which is objectively wrong. Your opinion does not affect the popularity of a game.

Additionally you like Dark Souls and Hollow Knight is literally 2D Dark Souls lol.

Next you'll be saying The Sims isn't popular because you don't like it.

Sims was popular for its time, and dark souls isn’t even close to a game like hollowknight

• WutFace (+0) 1

1 hour ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Imagine using a beta, long since patched over as proof to a point. Imagine thinking that was the point. Imagine thinking even if it was the point, this gif proves it. When it doesn't. 

The point isn't on the fact you have an aim assist range increase (And in the beta's case, major spread decrease), the fucking point is on how the gun wasn't useless out of scope and penalizing you for hipfiring. I'll clarify and elaborate. The SMG's issue in the beta ironically enough wasn't the fact it had a laser-ADS mechanic that outright outclassed its unscoped ability to dish out damage and made you rely on said ADS mechanic. The issue was it being a fucking hose in CQC, on top of its laser ADS. Much like the AR. Because, surprise, it was effective, way too much so, in and out of scope, because the scope was circumstantial based on the range you actually needed to fight in with the gun. That is literally THE point, here. The entire thing I've been arguing. And all that Halo 5's CD said on it. Nothing else. I don't care if you're arguing for the spread decrease, that doesn't actually change the point or disprove it. I could not know the spread decrease ever existed and it wouldn't change what's being argued. 

With that said, you're outright deluding yourself if you think this is anywhere near CoD/BF/TF. Three game franchises with weapons notoriously and obviously based around ADS gameplay, with hipfire being outright penalized. You literally can't play a game of CoD like Halo, only using your ADS when you just can't get red reticle on your target, while hipfiring the rest. Because every gun in that game has actual, detrimental hipfire penalties that enforce the use of ADS. As do the other two franchises. Halo 5 doesn't enforce ADS, and I shouldn't have to tell you why. Put it together. You're lying to yourself if you think or try to promote the idea they're anything alike. No idea what you're on about.

P.S) Descope exists. In every engagement. Removing those benefits immediately.

Third, every single weapon you listed having received new ADS benefits doesn't gain an accuracy increase because they all fucking track players. That ADS mechanic isn't giving a homing weapon MORE accuracy, it's giving it MORE range. Not the same thing at all. 

Fourth, never once said ADS bonuses are good and that's outside of my point anyway.

Fifth, ugh.

Is it really so bad to have ADS bonuses though? A guns scope will make a weapon far more accurate or at least APPEAR more accurate. That in itself is evidence of an ADS bonus no? 

But let’s stay on topic, boyos problem is 343 added ads bonuses period. He doesn’t like how the game makes a guns spread, or overall accuracy increased when scoped, when technically a scope does that by the range increase itself, and in a hitscan game it makes even more sense. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Anyone remember what video it was where bungie talked about halo 2 release and the servers they decided to use?

5 minutes ago, Arlong said:

boyos problem is 343 added ads bonuses period. He doesn’t like how the game makes a guns spread, or overall accuracy increased when scoped

Halo would be better off removing scoping entirely than continuing down the Aim Down Sights path.  

ADS is detrimental to base player traits because it means that the weapon is not at full effectiveness in its default state and a delay is necessary to reach full effectiveness.  

ADS is detrimental to sandbox design because all weapons need to have a good mode and a bad mode instead of one perfect mode.   

ADS is detrimental to map design because when every weapon has a second mode that zooms in, the effective range of the sandbox as a whole goes up.  This means that maps become elongated, changing the balance of gun, grenade, and melee to become even more in favor of the strongest prong of the golden trident: gun.  Additionally, moving the Scope button to the Left Trigger puts even more emphasis on gun.

A key element of Halo’s sandbox design is having viable, interesting, scopeless weapons.  Unlike how Hipfire is inferior to ADS, scoped weapons need to fire just as accurately while in their default state, unscoped.  This allows all weapons, with and without scopes, to compete in their unscoped states (which should constitute a significant portion of overall gameplay).

Together, Sprint and Aim Down Sights present the game’s most basic choice to the player: move at full speed or fire with full effectiveness, Sprint or ADS, one or the other, never both.  Choosing between full range of movement or full attack effectiveness shouldn’t be a choice players need to make in Halo.

ADS affects sandbox design like Sprint affects map design.  You’re designing around two different extremes instead of one constant value.  This is the wrong direction for Halo.  Nothing about a weapon’s design should be intentionally inferior and that is exactly what Hipfire is in an ADS system.

That’s why I don’t like ADS in Halo.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Is it really so bad to have ADS bonuses though? A guns scope will make a weapon far more accurate or at least APPEAR more accurate. That in itself is evidence of an ADS bonus no? 

But let’s stay on topic, boyos problem is 343 added ads bonuses period. He doesn’t like how the game makes a guns spread, or overall accuracy increased when scoped, when technically a scope does that by the range increase itself, and in a hitscan game it makes even more sense. 

I didn't say it was bad inherently, I just think the bonuses should (Mostly) extend to range if we're gonna keep it in Halo. Or do the LR thing of making the scope have a different function if you're bent on a bonus. Least design a new function. Not for every gun, but it has its uses, or potential innovative routes. Whatever works as long as it's not fruity. 

8 minutes ago, Boyo said:

ADS affects sandbox design like Sprint affects map design.  You’re designing around two different extremes instead of one constant value.  This is the wrong direction for Halo.  Nothing about a weapon’s design should be intentionally inferior and that is exactly what Hipfire is in an ADS system.

Who'd have known Halo was moving in the wrong direction all along.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Sims was popular for its time

It's time is now. Look up Sims 4 on YouTube. There are millions upon millions of active viewers. Game has had steady growth since launch.

https://venturebeat.com/2018/10/30/the-sims-4s-expansions-have-over-30-million-downloads/

My fiance is a more hardcore gamer than me lol. She plays way more games than me even though I play none of the ones she does (excepting Red Dead 2).

Point is, you're using your closed, narrowed view of what's hot in your little sphere rather than what reality is. Just because you're not aware of it, doesn't mean it's "not popular".

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1