CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

But smart link does affect accuracy.  Saying it doesn’t is a lie.  What are YOU on about?

58pdcvX.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Boyo said:

But smart link does affect accuracy.  Saying it doesn’t is a lie.  What are YOU on about?

58pdcvX.jpg

Literally everything said there is true, dude. There's no hipfire penalty, no movement penalty, and no flinch post-beta.

An accuracy bonus for aiming down sights is literally a hip fire penalty.  A longer sword lunge while ADSed is literally a hip fire penalty.  You are wrong.

• Like (+1) 4

Ah ha that's where you're wrong me matey. You are not penalized for hip firing, you are rewarded for zooming! Big brain language right there

• Like (+1) 3
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 2

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

An accuracy bonus for aiming down sights is literally a hip fire penalty.  A longer sword lunge while ADSed is literally a hip fire penalty.  You are wrong.

You get that accuracy bonus in every other Halo, lmao. That's how a zoom fucking works in Halo. And is literally the point. Because it is literally functioning like every other Halo. Saying the sword gets it is like saying a sniper rifle gets it. It's designed around the lunge mechanic being used in this game, over being RT spammed like past Halos. Much like a sniper is designed around its scope, lol. That isn't what they refer to with an ADS buff/hipfire penalty. Again, the entire debacle with that stemmed from comparisons to CoD or other shooters with baseline weaponry, so it had to be clarified that it's functionally identical, even if it isn't aesthetically identical.

• Like (+1) 1

Whatever minimal differences in accuracy classic halos may have had between unscoped and scoped is not the point of discussion.  The topic is 343 being truthful prior to launch.  Claiming that there are no hipfire penalties then giving weapons, even melee weapons with no scopes, significant hipfire penalties is not honest.

This isn’t something subjective that you can defend.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Whatever minimal differences in accuracy classic halos may have had between unscoped and scoped is not the point of discussion.  The topic is 343 being truthful prior to launch.  Claiming that there are no hipfire penalties then giving every weapon significant hipfire penalties is not honest.

This isn’t something subjective that you can defend.

Every weapon? Every weapon? Every weapon?

You do know what you're arguing about, for, and against, right. 

Well, I edited it before you responded.  It took you that long to type that nothing response?

Just to be clear, do you believe any weapons in Halo 5 have hip fire penalties?

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

No one plays hollow knight,

u fockin wot

• Thonking (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Well, I edited it before you responded.  It took you that long to type that nothing response?

Just to be clear, do you believe any weapons in Halo 5 have hip fire penalties?

Barring a lack of RRR? Not really. Only one I can think of is a weapon exclusive to Warzone, so I don't really care for it. Dunno what that has to do with my point.

2 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

u fockin wot

The funny thing is I didn’t even know WTF that was until someone mentioned it. Game looks stupid too.

• Simms (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You get that accuracy bonus in every other Halo, lmao. That's how a zoom fucking works in Halo. And is literally the point. Because it is literally functioning like every other Halo. Saying the sword gets it is like saying a sniper rifle gets it. It's designed around the lunge mechanic being used in this game, over being RT spammed like past Halos. Much like a sniper is designed around its scope, lol. That isn't what they refer to with an ADS buff/hipfire penalty. Again, the entire debacle with that stemmed from comparisons to CoD or other shooters with baseline weaponry, so it had to be clarified that it's functionally identical, even if it isn't aesthetically identical.

100% wrong. The accuracy bonus of scoping in is negligible in the real Halo gamed while in H5 the AR and SMG get insane range and accuracy buffs just by zooming in. 

Lol at saying the sniper of all weapons gets a significant accuracy buff from scoping. The thing has barely any spread at all even unzoomed. Josh was absolutely lying with that post it's not even up for debate. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

The funny thing is I didn’t even know WTF that was until someone mentioned it. Game looks stupid too.

Fam I don't think you're the authority on what people play if you've never heard of one of 2017's biggest indies.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

36 minutes ago, L377UC3 said:

Fam I don't think you're the authority on what people play if you've never heard of one of 2017's biggest indies.

Sorry must not be so popular, never seen it played on twitch, just like Terraia. 

• WutFace (+0) 1

Halo 5 has ADS benefits all over. All autos. The Hydra can't even use it's functionality while hipfiring, as well as other tracking weapons like needler or suppressor get significant range bonuses which is a little different than additional friction like precision weapons considering those won't even track unless they're in RRR.  And the melee tools.

That tweet was also pre beta and he said no flinch, which wasn't true. I remember they chalked it up to being a bug but....You don't accidentally program flinch into a game. And I can promise you that's not just something that no one noticed and was left over - there's a whole sandbox team there dedicated to that stuff. It was intentional. 

• Like (+1) 7

54 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Sorry must not be so popular, never seen it played on twitch, just like Terraia. 

2.8 mil copies by Feb 2019. A quarter of a million two weeks after launching on Switch. Consistent free DLC. Made by three guys. It was huge lmao.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 1

2 hours ago, Basu said:

100% wrong. The accuracy bonus of scoping in is negligible in the real Halo gamed while in H5 the AR and SMG get insane range and accuracy buffs just by zooming in. 

Lol at saying the sniper of all weapons gets a significant accuracy buff from scoping. The thing has barely any spread at all even unzoomed. Josh was absolutely lying with that post it's not even up for debate. 

Zoom (hahaa) back to the fact that the context of this scenario, as you quoted, was the emphasis on the fact that in red reticle, you're not punished or needing to ADS to hit your shots. 

The AR and SMG getting a range buff is no different than the BR/DMR getting one. It still isn't punishing you for hipfire, and forcing you to ADS. It's giving you extra range outside of red reticle. You're not forced to use the scope, or else you'll die. You're just gonna be using it if you can't get red reticle from the distance you're at. Like any other game in this series. That is all they referred to, and you can even see this in interviews with Longo and Holmes on the feature. On top of, you know. Playing the damn game, lmao.

And I didn't fucking say the sniper got an accuracy buff from scoping. I said that the sniper functions on its scope. Like the sword does in 5. They as power weapons by design hinge on this in their specific games. And tying a function to the scope isn't the same as a hipfire penalty, ala CoD.

37 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Halo 5 has ADS benefits all over. All autos. The Hydra can't even use it's functionality while hipfiring, as well as other tracking weapons like needler or suppressor get significant range bonuses which is a little different than additional friction like precision weapons considering those won't even track unless they're in RRR.  And the melee tools.

That tweet was also pre beta and he said no flinch, which wasn't true. I remember they chalked it up to being a bug but....You don't accidentally program flinch into a game. And I can promise you that's not just something that no one noticed and was left over - there's a whole sandbox team there dedicated to that stuff. It was intentional. 

Like with above, tying a weapon's functionality to a scope isn't at all close to what I've been referring to. And towards the Needler/Suppressor, that's just a scope, lol. Again, a range bonus isn't punishing you for using hipfire, it's just giving you the extra oomph you need OUTSIDE of RRR. Like any other gun, be it the pistol, DMR, etc. There isn't an actual bonus for ADS. You don't track faster, better, etc. Your projectiles aren't more powerful or quicker, your weapon doesn't wind up faster. It's all the same, just based on range and what you need.

Additionally, they didn't have to actually program it into the beta given Halo 5's beta was a carryover of Halo 4, which natively had flinch, and probably would've been in said builds by default. Makes it more than likely an error, given what we know. It still makes no sense either way to lie about it, especially given they came out post-beta with a bunch of things they said they were gonna change from feedback. In their best interests, it'd have been better PR to say it was something they'd fix. Of all things to lie about, why the fuck would it be flinch, lol. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WutFace (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Basu said:

Previous games just extended the RRR. H4 was the first game to affect the bullet pattern itself I believe.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Zoom (hahaa) back to the fact that the context of this scenario, as you quoted, was the emphasis on the fact that in red reticle, you're not punished or needing to ADS to hit your shots. 

The AR and SMG getting a range buff is no different than the BR/DMR getting one. It still isn't punishing you for hipfire, and forcing you to ADS. It's giving you extra range outside of red reticle. You're not forced to use the scope, or else you'll die. You're just gonna be using it if you can't get red reticle from the distance you're at. Like any other game in this series. That is all they referred to, and you can even see this in interviews with Longo and Holmes on the feature. On top of, you know. Playing the damn game, lmao.

And I didn't fucking say the sniper got an accuracy buff from scoping. I said that the sniper functions on its scope. Like the sword does in 5. They as power weapons by design hinge on this in their specific games. And tying a function to the scope isn't the same as a hipfire penalty, ala CoD.

Like with above, tying a weapon's functionality to a scope isn't at all close to what I've been referring to. And towards the Needler/Suppressor, that's just a scope, lol. Again, a range bonus isn't punishing you for using hipfire, it's just giving you the extra oomph you need OUTSIDE of RRR. Like any other gun, be it the pistol, DMR, etc. There isn't an actual bonus for ADS. You don't track faster, better, etc. Your projectiles aren't more powerful or quicker, your weapon doesn't wind up faster. It's all the same, just based on range and what you need.

Additionally, they didn't have to actually program it into the beta given Halo 5's beta was a carryover of Halo 4, which natively had flinch, and probably would've been in said builds by default. Makes it more than likely an error, given what we know. It still makes no sense either way to lie about it, especially given they came out post-beta with a bunch of things they said they were gonna change from feedback. In their best interests, it'd have been better PR to say it was something they'd fix. Of all things to lie about, why the fuck would it be flinch, lol. 

I feel like the implication of ADS benefits means that if I'm good enough to place my reticle w/o zooming in for the auto aim, I should be just as efficient at using the weapon as someone who is zoomed in. Meaning that it's more difficult to keep it on them but the same results are possible. 

That isn't true with tracking weapons like the needler / suppressor / boltshot because the tracking aspect is tied to whether the reticle is red or not, so I'm actually not capable of being as lethal while descoped. The sword/hammer don't descope while shot at so they don't bother me. But many of the autos do receive ADS benefits (and even some precision weapons still like the carbine I believe) - at least by my definition of what it means. The H2A BR has this same effect and it always bothers me knowing that MAYBE that guy who's 1 shot would be dead right now if just I zoomed instead of hip firing.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Arlong said:

2 People made it and they sold over 3 million copies minimum so they're set for life. The art style has spawned a massive fan-art following due to it's simplicity and stylisation. There have been 3 DLC packs and now a full-blown sequel. It's rate 10/10 on steam from 43,000+ reviews. It was ported to Switch, PS4 and Xbox by separate studios who wanted in on the $.

For an indie game it's big. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Arlong said:

A fuckton more people play/stream Terraria than Halo

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

A fuckton more people play/stream Terraria than Halo

27,000 for 24 hour peak on steam charts.

15,000 logged on as of an hour ago. Just to give some stats behind it and that’s just steam

19 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Zoom (hahaa) back to the fact that the context of this scenario, as you quoted, was the emphasis on the fact that in red reticle, you're not punished or needing to ADS to hit your shots. The AR and SMG getting a range buff is no different than the BR/DMR getting one. It still isn't punishing you for hipfire, and forcing you to ADS. You're not forced to use the scope, or else you'll die. You're just gonna be using it if you can't get red reticle from the distance you're at.

Oh really?

wgyvxkuiud2j2pha60nj.gif

It literally tightens your spread by a huge margin. Even within RRR it makes sense to zoom in because it reduces you spread so much. Really, RRR extension is a smaller benefit than getting your weapon spread and recoil cut by 75% just by tapping a button. This functions exactly like CoD, Battlefield, Titanfall and all the other modern military FPS.  How is this not forcing me to use the scope in order to not be at a massive disadvantage? I'd love to see an AR or SMG  1v1 past CQC range with one dude scoping in and the other hipfiring. (inb4 "youre a dumbass for using the smg at that range").

And no it doesn't fuction exactly like the BR and DMR and that is exactly the problem. RRR extension has always existed and isn't an issue because you can still overcome it by having superior aim and it doesn't change the way your weapon functions (on top of being 100% illogical and going against IMMERSION, why does switching from the visor the the weapon-smart link tighten spread? Makes me not feel like a super soldier tbh).

Like any other game in this series.

Wrong. Apparently H4 also had shit like this but it's nowhere near the level of H5 ADS nonsense, plus the autos didn't have scopes yet.

That is all they referred to, and you can even see this in interviews with Longo and Holmes on the feature.

ooor they were trying to save face and not come out saying "we copied ADS to attract more CoD tourists".

On top of, you know. Playing the damn game, lmao.

Yeah I play the "damn game" and noticed the SMG and AR become more accurate by zooming in. Or the suppressor/needler/boltshot/plasma pistol tracking people cross-map because of ADS benefits that never existed before. You should pick up some weapons off the map at some point even if you wished they didn't exist.

It's fine if you think ADS bonuses are a good thing or even better than what Halo used to have, we've seen countless times how things come down to preference (hah) but let's not pretend like things have always been this way. 343 definitely shoehorned in a new mechanic here and Josh lied to our faces about it. Clever world play like "hipfire penalty" and "bonus to scoping" just don't cut it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 6

I dont remember a previous halo where the ar/smg had a hipfire penalty like h5’s (hehe).  It also doesn't matter if previous halos had hipfire penalty. Thats just deflecting. The spread on the ar/smg will cause you to miss from hip but hit when scoped.  You cant call that anything but hipfire penalty

holmes lied. Case closed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5