CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Part of, possibly most of, the reason I didn't like ZBNS Reach was because of the terrible visual presentation (mostly framerate) of playing it downloaded on a 360, which is how I played it.

60FPS might actually do that game justice. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Part of, possibly most of, the reason I didn't like ZBNS Reach was because of the terrible visual presentation (mostly framerate) of playing it downloaded on a 360, which is how I played it.

60FPS might actually do that game justice. 

This is actually what I'm most interested in with Reach. I felt like between motion blur, terrible framerates, a more "gritty" style and forge maps the game was just visually dreary on top of a bad launch experience. Its the only game that looks like depression to me lmao. I really think when its on MCC its going to finally feel like the game it should've been

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I can’t link the tweet on mobile for whatever reason, but 10,000 people are getting selected for the next flight in a couple hours. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nokt said:

I can’t link the tweet on mobile for whatever reason, but 10,000 people are getting selected for the next flight in a couple hours. 

Fixed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jake Teh Nub said:

I got in but I'll barely have time to play it. That sucks.

Same 😡😡😡

39 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Reach at 105 FOV is perfect! 

Post screenshots of the same spot in various fields of view.

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Post screenshots of the same spot in various fields of view.

How I do that? 

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

How I do that? 

Hold Control and press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.  Open paint and paste image in.  Save image.  Upload to imgur.  Post link to image here.

16 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Hold Control and press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.  Open paint and paste image in.  Save image.  Upload to imgur.  Post link to image here.

Ok. You know found some basic bugs, but nothing too serious. Kinda wish it wasn’t just firefight, as it got boring quick. 

There needs to be more, wish I could use my controller in this built to see what modern aim feels like in reach.

Let’s yalk about something important micro transactions! 

For years we’ve had a system that has forced us the consumer to pay extra money in our games we spent 60$ on. Now many gamers greatly despise this system, since many games, typically MMOS and shooters like call of duty would add in in game loot that was only obtainable through purchase, or you had to grind ridiculous long hours to obtain it. This became known to gamers as “pay to win” now there another form of MTX that gamers hate and that’s loot boxes. Lootboxes are random forms of MTX so your chances of getting that gun you really want is now set in a randomizer and you might end up spending 50$ before you finally get what you wanted, and in the end you now have a bunch of useless shit you couldn’t care less about, and now it’s no longer satisfying to have that item. 

Another form is the MTX that’s only acceptable and works great for all players.

and that’s the cosmetic only system. We’ve seen this in games like fortnite and overwatch, and they do it extremely well where it’s a system many are starting to adopt. Cosmetic only doesn’t Leave you cheated, and you can specifically buy that cool looking commando skin, or in overwatchs case obtain it through playing the game, but not needing to spend equivalent to a weeks worth of game time.

Why this system works for everyone? Games these days are very expensive, the average triple A game goes around a 100M+ and the 60$ range isn’t cutting it, and raising game prices to a 100$ each won’t cut it either because gamers will feel that’s too expensive, but won’t figure it out that the MTX in that game they really loved ended up taking 300$ from them over a course of 6 months. Games used to add DLC but realized a flaw in this system.  1. Not enough buyers, if you needed 50k to buy your DLC but only half bought it, you’ve now wasted time and money and have to come up with a way to make your $$$ back. 2. Community outrage, the community will feel cheated since they now must spend 60 more dollars to get extra content, and the people who bought the DLC will see the maps they purchased only played 3/10 times which is hardly satisfying.  Many gamers get angry and scared when they hear MTX coming to a game they love not understanding this is the best solution. Cosmetic MTX works, especially if your content creators(game DEVS) make quality skins and such worth purchasing, which gives money to the company, causing them to give us the EXTRA content we desire, without splitting the community, and causing vast outrage.

and if you believe we can have a game without either and still get extra content, there’s no saving you, because you can’t show me a game in history that did that and succeeded, especially a MP centric game like call of duty or halo.

• WutFace (+0) 1

Sometimes purchasing DLC is comforting, but there’s many times the DLC left us unsatisfied, especially in multiplayer based games, because the maps they gave us were trash, and like I said before if only 3/10 bought the DLC you’ll usually never play those maps, making it feel like you wasted your money, since that cool looking map, you never play on. I remember in reach how I hardly played tempest or that space station map, let alone any anniversary maps. Double posted because of the long text I had in the other one.

Micro-transactions are necessary because without them 343 wouldn't have the budget to draw up a new line of pop-tart shaped helmets for your imaginary spartan or have some intern spend 20 minutes moving things around on Fathom and then packaging it as a brand new map. You know, the things we really want. I really do learn a lot from this site.

• Fire (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Micro-transactions are necessary because without them 343 wouldn't have the budget to draw up a new line of pop-tart shaped helmets for your imaginary spartan or have some intern spend 20 minutes moving things around on Fathom and then packaging it as a brand new map. You know, the things we really want. I really do learn a lot from this site.

Even so, that helmet could look good to some, and they’d buy it. We don’t want a split community. Look at BO4. A lot of people didn’t buy the season pass, they tried finding other ways to convince people to do so. Then treyarch added pay to win lootboxes a year 1/2 later because they realized not everyone plays blackout where most of their monetization cosmetic MTX went. 

If micro transactions are anything but cosmetic then Halo is truely dead because a core part of its identity is equal starts and controlling on map pick ups which leaves no room for players to use purchased items during a match unless it is something not related to gameplay like an EXP multiplier.

My guess is that micro transactions will go something like sprint.  First it was an optional ability, then it was a base trait, then it was a base trait that other base traits were tied to.  First, micro transactions were in warzone, in Infinite they will be in the majority of the game modes, and will become standard in all installments going forward.

343 doesn’t have a great track record of being truthful pre launch so I’m taking these “spiritual reboot/return to form” claims with a grain of salt.  I want to be wrong but history has jaded me.  I want 343 to design a good Halo game but my guess is their prime directive will be to design a game that encourages/forces players to make additional in game purchases.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If micro transactions are anything but cosmetic then Halo is truely dead because a core part of its identity is equal starts and controlling on map pick ups which leaves no room for players to use purchased items during a match unless it something not related to gameplay like an EXP multiplier.

My guess is that micro transactions will go something like sprint.  First it was an optional ability, then it was a base trait, then it was a base trait that other base traits were tied to.  First, micro transactions were in warzone, in Infinite they will be in the majority of the game modes, and will become standard in all installments going forward.

343 doesn’t have a great track record of being truthful pre launch so I’m taking these “spiritual reboot/return to form” claims with a grain of salt.  I want to be wrong but history has jaded me.  I want 343 to design a good Halo game but my guess is their prime directive will be to design a game that encourages/forces players to make additional in game purchases.

If those purchases are only on skins and some armors then that’s great tbh. A system similar to overwatch be preferred. 

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

and if you believe we can have a game without either and still get extra content, there’s no saving you, because you can’t show me a game in history that did that and succeeded,

Minecraft, Hollowknight, Terraria...I could name several man.  Just not mediocre overrated AAA games that blow their entire budget on graphics at the expense of the rest of the experience.

And I reject the premise to begin with, at least on some level.  It's a 'problem' developers create for themselves by (intentionally) not allowing their playerbase to modify or create content for the game, so they can have a monopoly on content, so they can keep raking in the big bucks.  Because that color-swap jpeg they're selling for $5 is something a modder could do in like five minutes for free.  I have to wait on and pay for developer content because I am incapable of creating my own...because they don't allow me to.  DooM Eternal not only has pre-order bonuses but it's now also completely gutting snapmap too...smh.

If microtransactions have to exist then yeah I prefer them to be at least direct-purchase for goods and unrelated to gameplay instead of a slot machine containing game-changing items where I pay $20 to get something worth a few cents in return.  Yes I prefer that to literally the worst system imaginable, but that doesn't make it in itself okay. 

At the very, very least, if game development truly has doubled in price (everyone claims it's more expensive yet never cites their numbers, thonking), let me buy the base game with limited options for $60 and a bundle containing all cosmetics in the game for another $60.  None of this insidious $60 for the game....literal thousands of dollars to obtain everything else bullshit.  

• Fire (+1) 3
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, Ramirez77 said:

Minecraft, Hollowknight, Terraria...I could name several man.  Just not mediocre overrated AAA games that blow their entire budget on graphics at the expense of the rest of the experience.

And I reject the premise to begin with, at least on some level.  It's a 'problem' developers create for themselves by (intentionally) not allowing their playerbase to modify or create content for the game, so they can have a monopoly on content, so they can keep raking in the big bucks.  Because that color-swap jpeg they're selling for $5 is something a modder could do in like five minutes for free.  I have to wait on and pay for developer content because I am incapable of creating my own...because they don't allow me to.  DooM Eternal not only has pre-order bonuses but it's now also completely gutting snapmap too...smh.

If microtransactions have to exist then yeah I prefer them to be at least direct-purchase for goods and unrelated to gameplay instead of a slot machine containing game-changing items where I pay $20 to get something worth a few cents in return.  Yes I prefer that to literally the worst system imaginable, but that doesn't make it in itself okay. 

At the very, very least, if game development truly has doubled in price (everyone claims it's more expensive yet never cites their numbers, thonking), let me buy the base game with limited options for $60 and a bundle containing all cosmetics in the game for another $60.  None of this insidious $60 for the game....literal thousands of dollars to obtain everything else bullshit.  

No one plays terraria or hollow knight, Minecraft outside of its core game is mostly servers hosted by 3rd party game groups that add pay to win shit to them(hypixel) yeah you ain’t fooling no one, you can’t name ANY that are played, and Minecraft also has MTX regarding skin packs and shit, so TF you mean!? When was the last time you played fool?! 

• Downvote (-1) 2

It also doesn’t matter if the Game Devs don’t let random people modify their game, that’s their choice to do that. You want that cool skin in fortnight(not saying you play the game but just an example) cough up the $$. It has no negative effect on your game experience or mine. Minecraft also isn’t a MP centric game I’ll add, as its not something with MM and everything like a shooter. Heck’s the most multiplayer that goes on is people having a coop session with like 3 people at best.

edit: a lot of triple A games cost high millions to make and there’s two goals in mind. 

1. Make the money back

2. Make extra money. They’re a business remember that.

3 hours ago, Boyo said:

343 doesn’t have a great track record of being truthful pre launch so I’m taking these “spiritual reboot/return to form” claims with a grain of salt.  I want to be wrong but history has jaded me. 

What're you on about. The only time they've run a weird ground with pre-launch truthfulness was Halo 5's plot conundrum. They haven't had issues with explaining multiplayer elements or anything, even when it'd have been in their best interests to do so. 

2 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

I always found the game development cost argument to be funny. As if it isn't the publishers setting the insane budgets for these games that they complain about, when they probably don't need to spend so much money on shit. Can still agree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

“Halo 2 just as you remember it.”

”Halo 5 will be built on a brand new engine.”

”Smart link does not affect accuracy.”

Just off the top of my head.  I guess you could even say MCC was a lie because it is usually implied that a game will not be completely broken on release.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

“Halo 2 just as you remember it,”

”Halo 5 will be built on a brand new engine.”

”Smart link does not affect accuracy.”

Just off the top of my head.  I guess you could even say MCC was a lie because it is usually implied that a game will not be completely broken on release.

One's a pretty obvious unobjective, catchy buzzphrase, given the game's a remaster, the second is a generalization referring to a major engine overhaul, and the third is about as truthful as past Halos, and referring to the fact it isn't a 1:1 of CoD's or BF's ADS mechanics, in spite of the aesthetic. Just gotta give the comments the sick context in how and why they were said.

• WutFace (+0) 1