CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

4v4 CE should be dogshit because the spawn system doesn't make sense out of 2v2 and most of the maps are way too small for 8 people throwing grenades everywhere. But somehow it's still so much fun to play.

• Like (+1) 3

You know what was a fun Game mode in reach? Neutral flag. Score was to 10 and there was a flag in the middle, and the enemies flag was 3 points. Was really fun to play tbh. Mostly saw this on Asylum(aka Sanctuary) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Shekkles said:

ikr

I just don't like they way grenades work on it. You can go on about how they block spawns and can be used tactically, but that doesn't stop it being uninteresting to spawn into 75 perfectly placed frag grenades. Additionally, you spawn with an AR and you can't fire the magnum immediately off spawn as you need to switch weapon and have the animation play, further making it uninteresting as a mid-low tier player like myself. You just get clocked off spawn and they can get 1-2 shots off before you are physically capable of firing your weapon. Also the jump delay adds unnecessary thought to each jump that all other Halo's don't have.

Again, keep in mind I said I am a mid-low tier player in Halo 1 (I rate myself based on my performance against Ogre 1 in MCC matchmaking where the score usually ends 50 to 15/20).

For a kasual kid like me, Chill Out is uninteresting and a chore.

I like Chill Out, but rockets/camo is ridiculously powerful on that map and can be tough to deal with. I’d say it’s still one of the most interesting maps in the franchise. My main experience with competitive CE is stunt_man’s PC mod, and I’ve had good and bad games on that map. When I play with my friends on LAN, I prefer FFA so we don’t have to worry about spawns since I’m the only one who knows them.

Grenades feel OP against spawners, but on the flip side they’re an asset for players trying to regain control if the in-control team is too predictable. I would prefer H1’s grenade mechanics because airbursted grenades are frankly unreactable, and I think you should be punished for trying to throw a grenade in a lot more situations. For me, the ideal frag grenade would have its timer start when it slides to a stop, a fairly small blast radius, and a damage falloff from full shields to half shields. If you land a nade that deals 1/4 shield damage, the nade shouldn’t hit in my opinion and you should have just used your gun. 1/2 shields is at the boundary where you’re also better off having spent the time shooting.

Praying for removal of hitmarkers in Halo 6 as well as nades that can be dodged sans thruster pack.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

You know what was a fun Game mode in reach? Neutral flag. Score was to 10 and there was a flag in the middle, and the enemies flag was 3 points. Was really fun to play tbh. Mostly saw this on Asylum(aka Sanctuary) 

Flag Slayer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Gobias said:

Praying for removal of hitmarkers in Halo 6 as well as nades that can be dodged sans thruster pack.

I think grenade hitmarkers will be gone.  They said they tried to do that for H5, but it was hard coded "too deep" and changing it would have been too risky at that point in the games life.  Honestly i think that points to bigger problems with the H5 engine in general. Like they had to take hacky shortcuts to get shit to work. Obviously hitmarkers don't sit in a silo and/or arent tied to each individual weapon or they could just turn them off for each grenade type.  If i had to take a wild guess that is probably wrong just for fun so don't quote me but fuck it why not.... Maybe tied hitmarkers to damage and to tick at a certain rate as damage is applied. The only way to remove it from grenades would have been to remove it from everything. Heck, maybe they went a step further and hitmarkers are displayed as collisions are detected, then they used the success/failure of a hitmarker to register the damage instead of the collisions detection directly so removing hitmarkers would require a total re-engineering of how damage is detected in the first place. or MAYBE they have a bunch of apes sitting in a room watching screens with their eyes taped open and they press a button whenever they see a hitmarker and that how they register damage.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Heck, maybe they went a step further and hitmarkers are displayed as collisions are detected, then they used the success/failure of a hitmarker to register the damage instead of the collisions detection directly so removing hitmarkers would require a total re-engineering of how damage is detected in the first place. or MAYBE they have a bunch of apes sitting in a room watching screens with their eyes taped open and they press a button whenever they see a hitmarker and that how they register damage. 

Explain all the blank shots I get every game then :laughing::laughing:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thonking (+0) 1

5 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

They said they tried to do that for H5, but it was hard coded "too deep"

This is the most 343 thing I've read in a while.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 8/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, Shekkles said:

Flag Slayer

Was that a thing?  Just looked it up

on YouTube gosh that was fun. Hot damn reach had a lot of modes and creativity. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Was that a thing?  Just looked it up

on YouTube gosh that was fun. Hot damn reach had a lot of modes and creativity. 

Yeah it was wicked fun. 1 point for a kill, 50 points for a capture. We used to have down-to-the-wire games all the time. You could switch up the gameplay from defence to offence based on the way the game was flowing. Sometimes you'd get 3 caps and 50 kills to get the 200 points, sometimes you'd need 30 kills to win but the time was running out so you had to get a cap to win.

Great game mode for social. For ranked I'd say it'd be balls, people would probably just sit back and farm kills. 

• Like (+1) 3

I’m here at Beach LAN 8, and I had an awesome series tonight. We played a gauntlet, which is all 7 tournament maps on host, and then we run it back off host. 14 games. That’s the first time I’ve done that, bc we’ve been playing Neutral Host the past few years. I teamed with Legit for the first time, a dude I’ve been a fan of since I was like 18 years old (I’m 32). He’s a local here in Florida and pops in to play for a few nights every year. I finally got a series in with him. His game knowledge isn’t that great, but the dude kills everything he see’s, and he still knows more than most people reading this. I also finally played against Finny for the first time, an excellent player that I’ve been casting for 3 years now (check out his series at UGC St Louis against ScrubTwista and Chips. It’s outstanding). And the cherry on top, Legend saw me playing and came and sat behind me for a couple games and gave me real-time advice mid-game. The whole experience was very cool for me. 

Beach LAN is amazing. If you’ve ever considered coming, please just do it. It’s such a good time.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Upvote (+1) 1

On 8/15/2019 at 3:00 AM, Hard Way said:

I’m here at Beach LAN 8, and I had an awesome series tonight. We played a gauntlet, which is all 7 tournament maps on host, and then we run it back off host. 14 games. That’s the first time I’ve done that, bc we’ve been playing Neutral Host the past few years. I teamed with Legit for the first time, a dude I’ve been a fan of since I was like 18 years old (I’m 32). He’s a local here in Florida and pops in to play for a few nights every year. I finally got a series in with him. His game knowledge isn’t that great, but the dude kills everything he see’s, and he still knows more than most people reading this. I also finally played against Finny for the first time, an excellent player that I’ve been casting for 3 years now (check out his series at UGC St Louis against ScrubTwista and Chips. It’s outstanding). And the cherry on top, Legend saw me playing and came and sat behind me for a couple games and gave me real-time advice mid-game. The whole experience was very cool for me. 

Beach LAN is amazing. If you’ve ever considered coming, please just do it. It’s such a good time.

Your commentary has been great every time I have had an opportunity to tune in. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, II AdamanT II said:

Your commentary has been great every time I have had an opportunity to tune in. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I plan to, in Atlantic City.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/243780d3b80b4bb6ac7917a8942286db/topics/mcc-dev-updates/3e3252e1-297a-4590-a7ab-67c133b3d37d/posts?page=1#post2

Looking Ahead!

Even though we are working on the FireFlight, we still have progress being made on the following flight to test out PvP. The key goals for the next one will be to validate Halo: Reach PvP networking within gameplay and through the matchmaking flow. This next flight is currently planned to be an Xbox One flight only. Below is the current spec for our first offerings for matchmaking we are working towards.

Social Games

Halo: Reach

2v2 Matchmaking

Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, and Zealot
Game Categories: Slayer

4v4 Matchmaking
Maps: Countdown, Powerhouse, Zealot, and Tempest
Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, and Actionsack

8v8 Matchmaking
Maps: Tempest, Breakpoint, and Ridgeline
Game Categories: Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, and Asset Denial
Competitive Games
Halo: Reach
Reach Team Hardcore
Maps: Countdown and Zealot
Game Variants: Slayer and Capture the Flag
Invasion
Maps: Breakpoint
Game Variants: Invasion

We are excited for the future and are all hard at work bringing these games to all of you. Thanks for joining us and we look forward to chatting more with you in the following weeks!

Anyone have any aim settings for Halo 3 MCC that make it more like OG on 360? My aim on MCC is horrendous, yet when I play backwards compat on OG it's a lot better, I am not sure why? 

7 hours ago, LimeSoda said:

Anyone have any aim settings for Halo 3 MCC that make it more like OG on 360? My aim on MCC is horrendous, yet when I play backwards compat on OG it's a lot better, I am not sure why? 

Are you using modern or classic aiming? I think it auto updated everybody to modern, maybe try switching back if you haven't yet?

Otherwise I have no idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LimeSoda said:

too much of h3 depending on ur stick tension which is different for every controller so there's no answer. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made the mistake of loading up H1 MCC and it's still a buggy turd. You can get stuck behind Rat Race portals and they have collision like a full meter in front of them, your body can still stay on the other side of a portal when going through, weapons de-sync, etc. MCC is ready for PC, all!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/14/2019 at 10:35 PM, Shekkles said:

Yeah it was wicked fun. 1 point for a kill, 50 points for a capture. We used to have down-to-the-wire games all the time. You could switch up the gameplay from defence to offence based on the way the game was flowing. Sometimes you'd get 3 caps and 50 kills to get the 200 points, sometimes you'd need 30 kills to win but the time was running out so you had to get a cap to win.

Great game mode for social. For ranked I'd say it'd be balls, people would probably just sit back and farm kills. 

I think it be great for BTB. No difference in score is needed either. 

On 8/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, Hard Way said:

Thank you! I plan to, in Atlantic City.

LINK! 

I actually find myself excited to play some Reach at 60FPS without motion blur on the maps and gametypes that I never really got to play, on better settings with a good progression system. 

Plus ranked ZBNS and Invasion is gonna be godsend. 

I really hope they don’t royally fuck this up somehow. I just wanna play some Halo that isn’t straight up broken and has something that incentivizes grind. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I actually find myself excited to play some Reach at 60FPS without motion blur on the maps and gametypes that I never really got to play, on better settings with a good progression system. 

Plus ranked ZBNS and Invasion is gonna be godsend. 

I really hope they don’t royally fuck this up somehow. I just wanna play some Halo that isn’t straight up broken and has something that incentivizes grind. 

Yeah, and reach with TU is quite enjoyable. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

ZBNS Reach is something that could actually bring me back to MCC, plus BTB on that game was really fun. I haven't really been keeping up with Halo information lately, do we know if armor customization progress is going to transfer over from Reach, or are we starting all over? 

41 minutes ago, Hully said:

ZBNS Reach is something that could actually bring me back to MCC, plus BTB on that game was really fun. I haven't really been keeping up with Halo information lately, do we know if armor customization progress is going to transfer over from Reach, or are we starting all over? 

Starts fresh and ties in to a seasonal progression system that they are adding.

Hardcore Playlist and TU BTB confirmed.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Hully said:

Utopie and Hemo-rage here we come!

• Upvote (+1) 1