CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

9 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

We've been over how you shouldn't design or have to play your game in perfect, tournament level conditions just to have an enjoyable, non-ruined experience by mechanics that really only reach their proper effectiveness levels on LAN.  

Yet you argue for this change in Ranked, which should absolutely be as close to 1:1 perfect conditions as possible. This doesn't help your argument at all.

16 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Why the hell do people argue for party restrictions if you could just full-stack and remove the downsides in a game without them, lol. Because, hey, like friendly fire, people don't always have the ability or want to full man a playlist. And they shouldn't be forced to JUST to ensure an enjoyable baseline experience without the downsides. 

We argue for party restrictions because it negatively impacts the matchmaking experience, makes no logistical sense in comparison to the shear amount of solo players that exist, negatively impacts the ranking system, and all but ensures an unfair match, where lazy developers think that rewarding players more for an intentionally shit gameplay experience if they happen to come through is justified. 

Now how in the hell FF even compare to that? 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Yet you argue for this change in Ranked, which should absolutely be as close to 1:1 perfect conditions as possible. This doesn't help your argument at all.

We argue for party restrictions because it negatively impacts the matchmaking experience, makes no logistical sense in comparison to the shear amount of solo players that exist, negatively impacts the ranking system, and all but ensures an unfair match, where lazy developers think that rewarding players more for an intentionally shit gameplay experience if they happen to come through is justified. 

Now how in the hell FF even compare to that? 

No, I argue for this change everywhere, lol. Ranked or social. Besides, ranked can't be 1:1 by its very nature of being an online game relying on a ranking system to even match people. It can't mimic them by default, and doesn't need to. We can trim some of the fat because of it. If you're truly competitive and wanting a 1:1 of LAN conditions, you can literally scrim against teams. Who're guaranteed to be in a similar skill/party size. That does LAN more justice and is why pros scrim in customs, not in the ranked playlists.

Now, your logic to counter my point on disliking friendly fire was to play with a full stack. So I could avoid being nuked by people I didn't know on top of the enemies I'm fighting. Now, I countered that with party restrictions. If a game has no party restrictions, and you don't wanna be railed by your teammates' inferior skill, on top of enemies, just full stack. You can avoid every single problem that way. Like you could full stacking to avoid friendly fire. But that doesn't fix the actual problem, and is just a dumb bandaid that does nothing.

Like, yeah, a lack of party restrictions does nothing but impact the MM experience negatively when you're paired with randoms. Just like FF in a matchmaking environment can and does absolutely cook your experience when you're paired with randoms. Both fuck over an experience where you're not with a team. Both can ruin various elements of MM. And both aren't gonna be fixed by just saying "squad up". 

• Like (+1) 2

Post ur gt I'll rek U scrub

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JordanB said:

Yeah, except you debate as if THE LOUDEST PERSON IS ALWAYS right. Except that's not how it works. Especially on a text forum, lol. It doesn't make you wrong, but it sure as hell makes what I read from you less credible, in my opinion. You should be able to make a point clear without resorting to yelling "fuck you you're stupid". Those don't help your argument at all, you're just saying useless words that mean nothing. 

Ok I apologize for that, but I won’t apologize for saying the debate is dumb when the reason it’s hated is because of possible trolls

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't see how FF is a good thing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr Grim said:

I still don't see how FF is a good thing.

Because it fucking punishes your team as it’s meant too! It’s meant to make it so you don’t got teammates making plays without any consequences. Heck’s very rarely I’ve won games where the idiot killed me and his teammate with a rocket. I might have lost the fight but the teammate was stupid and shot his rocket. There must be consequences for your stupid actions. Just because it’s a video game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t exist. I bet you’d also like it where you can’t hurt/KYS as it adds nothing to the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And @My Namez BEAST you balance a game how it’s meant to play, not trolling, AFK etc. you don’t balance a game on how morons play it. Siege is extremely popular and people love it, you still have trolls and what not, but that’s just ONLINE play.  They made a game meant to be played tactical and with communication which it pays off for the most part.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Because it fucking punishes your team as it’s meant too! It’s meant to make it so you don’t got teammates making plays without any consequences. Heck’s very rarely I’ve won games where the idiot killed me and his teammate with a rocket. I might have lost the fight but the teammate was stupid and shot his rocket. There must be consequences for your stupid actions. Just because it’s a video game doesn’t mean they shouldn’t exist. I bet you’d also like it where you can’t hurt/KYS as it adds nothing to the game.

Getting raked by the other team when you make a bad play is its own consequence. No need to add an easily abused "consequence" on top of that.

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

You don't need to swear so much. There are plenty of ways to get exasperation across with swearing.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Another thing I noticed: FF benefits you just as much as it hurts you. How many times did you get a free kill because the enemy you were shooting got naded by his dumbass teammate that you baited? Think about it, it's a 4v4 game. Given that you never teamkill there are three possible spots on your team and four on the enemies for a TKer.

1 hour ago, Shekkles said:

You don't need to swear so much. There are plenty of ways to get exasperation across with swearing. 

To be fair, he said "heck".

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?

7 hours ago, Shekkles said:

Sorry my bad, it’s a bad habit, my friend calls me out on it sometimes. Swearing just comes natural to me, so it’s hard not too, even in Internet forums.

• WutFace (+0) 1

16 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Everyday we stray further from the light of Hoberman.

The same Hoberman who thought Chill Out was bad because it was “confusing.”

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gobias said:

He's like the J.J Abrams of first person shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gobias said:

I don't like chillout

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

I don't like chillout

How dare you disrespect anything about Halo CE. Release the hounds.

• Fire (+1) 2
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Gobias said:

How dare you disrespect anything about Halo CE. Release the hounds.

ikr

I just don't like they way grenades work on it. You can go on about how they block spawns and can be used tactically, but that doesn't stop it being uninteresting to spawn into 75 perfectly placed frag grenades. Additionally, you spawn with an AR and you can't fire the magnum immediately off spawn as you need to switch weapon and have the animation play, further making it uninteresting as a mid-low tier player like myself. You just get clocked off spawn and they can get 1-2 shots off before you are physically capable of firing your weapon. Also the jump delay adds unnecessary thought to each jump that all other Halo's don't have.

Again, keep in mind I said I am a mid-low tier player in Halo 1 (I rate myself based on my performance against Ogre 1 in MCC matchmaking where the score usually ends 50 to 15/20).

For a kasual kid like me, Chill Out is uninteresting and a chore.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

ikr

I just don't like they way grenades work on it. You can go on about how they block spawns and can be used tactically, but that doesn't stop it being uninteresting to spawn into 75 perfectly placed frag grenades. Additionally, you spawn with an AR and you can't fire the magnum immediately off spawn as you need to switch weapon and have the animation play, further making it uninteresting as a mid-low tier player like myself. You just get clocked off spawn and they can get 1-2 shots off before you are physically capable of firing your weapon. Also the jump delay adds unnecessary thought to each jump that all other Halo's don't have.

Again, keep in mind I said I am a mid-low tier player in Halo 1 (I rate myself based on my performance against Ogre 1 in MCC matchmaking where the score usually ends 50 to 15/20).

For a kasual kid like me, Chill Out is uninteresting and a chore.

That’s one thing I greatly dislike in h1. With such a low TTK weapon those shots that someone can give you off spawn is so crucial. The jump delay definitely pisses me off as I like to jump during my battles. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Chill Out isn't a great 4v4 map, it's very well designed but it's too small for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Chill Out isn't a great 4v4 map, it's very well designed but it's too small for that. 

2v2 is definitely playable but 4v4 is basically action sack.

Nah. 4v4 chillout is dope. Action sack? more like all action. 

• Like (+1) 1