CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Players should be able to practice for tournaments in ranked so they should follow the same rule set.

Then they can scrim in customs against guaranteed other teams of four also competing at a high level. Dunno why people would actually compete in the slot machine that matchmaking is. That meaning, they don't. They do scrim.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Shouldn’t you be the one playing customs since you want different rules?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Shouldn’t you be the one playing customs since you want different rules?

No, because I'm not scrimming. I just don't want my randoms nuking me stupidly when the settings really only hit their stride in comp play.

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

randoms

2 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

comp play

Party up?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Party up?

Maybe I don't want to, or don't have close friends to party up with. Doesn't mean I should expect the game to be ass without a party.

• Downvote (-1) 1

36 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

You whiffed my point and confused it with another. Re-read plxy plox.

The team as an organism matters only in high level comp play with people 4 man calling out and coordinating. In my random-infested Halo, the team is about as much a cohesive organism as Frankenstein's monster would be.

As such, I feel the positives outweigh the negatives and you could just turn on FF in tournaments to "punish" dumb plays where it actually matters.

You say I missed your point but then do exactly what I was talking about in your response to boyo. You complain about some aspect of the game (FF) because it sucks in your “random-infested Halo” but works fine in a context where all the players are working together. Except by your own admission (and you can correct me if I’m  wrong here) you are one of the “randoms” you complain about by virtue of the fact you play ranked games in party chat. This means I’m not going to take the complaint seriously.

• Like (+1) 2

Try making some friends in game chat to play with.

It’s hard to take you seriously when you complain about randoms but refuse to party up.

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Try making some friends in game chat to play with.

It’s hard to take you seriously when you complain about randoms but refuse to party up.

Fam. I don't wanna make fucking friends, let alone the cesspool gamechat can be, lmao. The last thing I get on Halo to do is meet new people when I have good friends already. As such, I just wanna play with people I already like. And I don't have a full squad of them at the ready.

11 minutes ago, LI Mr X IL said:

You say I missed your point but then do exactly what I was talking about in your response to boyo. You complain about some aspect of the game (FF) because it sucks in your “random-infested Halo” but works fine in a context where all the players are working together. Except by your own admission (and you can correct me if I’m  wrong here) you are one of the “randoms” you complain about by virtue of the fact you play ranked games in party chat. This means I’m not going to take the complaint seriously.

Almost like I also said 99% of the game is also filled with randoms that turn the feature's upsides into a straight detriment. I even said I'm part of that statistic of "randoms". 

It works in the 1%. In scrims. And tournaments. Doesn't mean I want a 1% mechanic in a field dominated by the other 99%. And it doesn't mean that, just because it works in the 1%, it'll work in the 99% elsewhere.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like you are trying to become the personification of everything wrong with Halo.

• Fire (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I feel like you are trying to become the personification of everything wrong with Halo.

Feel whatever you want, dude. Gamechat isn't a good social space for me. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

You seem tough.  I’m sure you’d make it.

• Toxic (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boyo said:

You seem tough.  I’m sure you’d make it.

It's not a matter of toughness. It's a matter of "I don't care to socialize with people I don't care for". And probably won't care for. Gamechat kinda sucks, lmao.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Is calling out to each other socializing?

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

Is calling out to each other socializing?

Does it need to be for my point to be its own thing?

It just seems like you are suffering in a prison of your own making.  You don’t like randoms but refuse to party up or talk to new people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now, Boyo said:

It just seems like you are suffering in a prison of your own making.  You don’t like randoms but refuse to party up or talk to new people.

Yeah, again, why the fuck should I expect the game to be designed to be ass unless you full squad, lol. Horrible game design, if that's the case.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You should stop playing a game that you dislike so many aspects of.

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

You should stop playing a game that you dislike so many aspects of.

Yeah, just accepting shit isn't my forte. I have things I dislike in nearly every game I love. Everything can improve. Halo can, too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I don't get how this has anything to do with the point. Just because you're placed on a team together doesn't mean others should be able to drag you down by actually killing or harming you. 

You're going to get dragged down regardless, what's the difference if it's friendly fire or some other method. Your issue is with the toxic teammate themself, not friendly fire. 

2 hours ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Don't get why the concept of not wanting to be betrayed is laughable, either. Like it's some obscene idea. 

Did you even read what I said? Or did you just read the parts you wanted to and missed the rest (as you tend to point that out with many others of doing the same thing to you...) Check my last sentence again. 

"No, I don't want to die from a betrayal. Literally nobody does." 

I clearly wasn't laughing about that, so... 

"I also don't want to be in a 1v1 CQC fighting for the objective and another enemy comes and Rockets me, and instead of us both dying from the Rocket he gets to live and takes the objective." 

And why don't you point out the situation above? Is this not an issue to you? Iirc you don't even like Team Slayer so if all you do is play objective, how is the situation above possibly ok at all. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JordanB said:

You're going to get dragged down regardless, what's the difference if it's friendly fire or some other method. Your issue is with the toxic teammate themself, not friendly fire. 

Did you even read what I said? Or did you just read the parts you wanted to and missed the rest (as you tend to point that out with many others of doing the same thing to you...) Check my last sentence again. 

"No, I don't want to die from a betrayal. Literally nobody does." 

I clearly wasn't laughing about that, so... 

"I also don't want to be in a 1v1 CQC fighting for the objective and another enemy comes and Rockets me, and instead of us both dying from the Rocket he gets to live and takes the objective." 

And why don't you point out the situation above? Is this not an issue to you? Iirc you don't even like Team Slayer so if all you do is play objective, how is the situation above possibly ok at all. 

No, my issue is literally fucking friendly fire, lmao. Hence my specific explaining of the circumstances. I outright hate being fucking nuked by my teammate than simply having an AFK, or dumb teammate costing. Outright. I objectively, unarguably have a problem with friendly fire as a mechanic. There's a massive difference in being teamnuked, than just losing by someone throwing by not playing, or playing stupidly. A massive one. I shouldn't need to explain it. The end result is a loss, but how you get there matters. 

The above is an issue in the sense that normally, the dude rocketing me would kill me and make the judgement call on my life for me, lol. That's never okay when I rarely make or decide to make plays that result in me dying. It's an issue likewise because you could "maybe" in a loose, stretchy, flubber-like sense argue it could be snowballed in specific scenarios. Both can have issues. But as I play now, I'd rather not be nuked and take some cheese with my teammate dying when he nukes a dude in front of me, than me getting a free, dumb death because of someone's probable stupid decision. 

I'm so confused as to what you want Ice. You don't want to be shot in the side or rear, you don't want power weapons, you don't want matchmaking, you don't want FF,  you don't want real Halo movement, you don't want any guns other than the magnum, you don't want grenades, you don't like objective.

What game do you even want to play? 

Like is it a single, 5m wide corridor with a single weapon and a small rise in the middle and a single opponent? 

Seriously what is your ideal game because for someone who is rank 152 you sure as hell don't like the one you're playing.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

The end result is a loss, but how you get there matters. 

Yeah no it doesn't 

15 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

I objectively, unarguably have a problem with friendly fire as a mechanic. There's a massive difference in being teamnuked, than just losing by someone throwing by not playing, or playing stupidly. 

But why, what's the difference? The only difference I see is "I'm dying and that makes my kd worse". A loss is a loss. Losing because you're dying from a betrayal or losing because your team went afk (or just quit), are both frustrating to deal with. 

Not to mention, if we change "betrays to boot" to "ff damage to boot" then you could actually remove the toxic player from your team. But no, you'd rather revert to your teammate going afk? Why is that any better. And if we mention Slayer (maybe you don't play it but it will affect it) going AFK makes your team more likely to lose, where as again if we can just boot the toxic teammate you at least stand a chance of winning. 

I'd rather my toxic teammate be gone from the game then just stand there and purposely allow the opposing team to get free kills. 

• Like (+1) 2

If some idiot teammate runs in front of my Warthog, do I just die and leave them driverless with ricochet?

9 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

You don't want to be shot in the side or rear, you don't want power weapons, you don't want matchmaking, you don't want FF,  you don't want real Halo movement, you don't want any guns other than the magnum, you don't want grenades, you don't like objective.

I never said I didn't wanna be shot in the back, I just said it's more likely to occur in Halo, and is an issue with sensitivity curves on a console shooter, I openly want matchmaking, never said I didn't, I didn't say I never wanted simpler movement, I've said I want ricochet friendly fire over anything, and I've openly said I'd want nades if they made them properly useful, like impulse nades, over the handnukes we have now. NOW, the final nail. How can you takeaway "I don't like objective" from what I say when I've gone on tirades about only wanting to play CTF, and have ranted on how Slayer is an absolutely trash gametype to me, lol. So much of this is wrong, stop it. At the least, read/understand what I say. Or better yet, just ask me to be certain. It's happened a few times tonight, being told what I feel/what I want. When it isn't that way, and I despise it.

Now, about that "real Halo movement". Can we also stop fucking parading shit about as real or fake based on a preference. Joke or not, it's just patronizing garbage. And is tired. And overblown. Halo 5's movement is just as real and existent as Halo 3's. We can stop beating the horse any day, now. Its bones are actually dust.

5 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Yeah no it doesn't 

So, you have two 4v4 games going on. One is a TO4 stomping on you, and the other is a straight 4v4 with two teams of pros, you (hahaa) among them. You lose the first game 0-3, being spawnkilled, as a solo queuer. You lose the second game 2-3 with an even statline, since everyone's of even skill and party size. 

Tell me that shit doesn't matter and both are the same loss. At least then I could just end it with that admission, lol. 

2 minutes ago, JordanB said:

But why, what's the difference? The only difference I see is "I'm dying and that makes my kd worse". A loss is a loss. Losing because you're dying from a betrayal or losing because your team went afk (or just quit), are both frustrating to deal with. 

Not to mention, if we change "betrays to boot" to "ff damage to boot" then you could actually remove the toxic player from your team. But no, you'd rather revert to your teammate going afk? Why is that any better. And if we mention Slayer (maybe you don't play it but it will affect it) going AFK makes your team more likely to lose, where as again if we can just boot the toxic teammate you at least stand a chance of winning. 

I'd rather my toxic teammate be gone from the game then just stand there and purposely allow the opposing team to get free kills. 

No, a loss isn't just a loss. Refer to above, and apply it to these specific circumstances, if not, we can reach the same wall, stop responding/arguing and not throw the same points back and forth for no reason.

As I've also explained, a booting system means next to nothing to me when it doesn't actually solve the problem, and just bandaids it. Because there's still a grace period in being able to do that shit. When we have the ability to remove it outright. It's cool I could be able to eject them. It's not cool that I again, can only do that after it happens to me for a period of time.

Again, to reiterate, I'd rather have someone feed, or play dumbly than kill me/grief. I'd rather my stats are only affected by my plays and pushes/potential circumstance, than have my teammate nading me, or shooting me in the back, etc. One is just something I can take and move on from, while learning from it. The other is something that actually doesn't need to happen and should under no circumstances happen, and is never something I deserve to have happen to me. I could take the potential downsides of ricochet to end being shot at/nuked in an online setting. Not like the games matter.

If you don't get that, then we're stopping here. Because frankly, we're not making headway and I'm tired of reiterating my points. 

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

If some idiot teammate runs in front of my Warthog, do I just die and leave them driverless with ricochet?

Sure. Or, better solution, the 'hog blows up with the betrayal, leaving it out of the game. FeelsSickMan.

• Like (+1) 2