CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

32 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It’s scenarios like this are why FF should be on. Sure you should of taken out your BR or pistol and just assisted your teammate, but you panic shot. You’re still alive and now can use that second rocket to kill the third party.

Or the teammate was going to die anyway so you chose to betray him to also kill the two enemies.  It could be a conscious decision to betray a teammate for the greater good.

• Like (+1) 2

Heh. I left a blithe and mean-spirited joke about griefing that got removed. Oh well. Probably for the best.

• Like (+1) 1

Lmao I don't care if I lose bec of trolls I just don't want to die from them lmao wow lmao. 

Hey incase you didn't realize you're playing "TEAM" CTF/Oddball/koth/etc. I'd rather go 5-10 kd and win then 10-5 kd with a loss. I might not be happy about my 5-10 performance but since it's a team game and winning is what matters, let's not care about our kd then eh? 

If you have a big enough troll on your team who will purposely hurt you but not kill you so you can't betray boot them, then taking off FF or changing it to ricochet, they would just find a different way to make you lose. That troll clearly doesn't care about his own rank for this game, he wants to make you suffer. He'll find a way, whether it's jumping in front of your shots or firing near you to give your spot away or not covering you while you have the objective or just going AFK. And these are just things popping off the top of my head while I'm typing this, I'm sure there are even more examples that could be done. 

No, I don't want to die from a betrayal. Literally nobody does. I also don't want to be in a 1v1 CQC fighting for the objective and another enemy comes and Rockets me, and instead of us both dying from the Rocket he gets to live and takes the objective. Wow lmao that's definitely the best idea. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

This is called FFA.

Its called Rumble Pit

Dont

• Like (+1) 1

You guys don't always have to be so aggressive with each other, dudes lol! :D We can disagree without having to kill each other in the process.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Simms (+1) 1

5 hours ago, L377UC3 said:

Heh. I left a blithe and mean-spirited joke about griefing that got removed. Oh well. Probably for the best.

It's hard to tell between inflammatory posts and just normal heated posts. 

I don't want to betray anyone. Certainly don't want to ricochet ban myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

It's hard to tell between inflammatory posts and just normal heated posts. 

I don't want to betray anyone. Certainly don't want to ricochet ban myself.

No prob. Just doing your job.

11 hours ago, Arlong said:

It’s scenarios like this are why FF should be on. Sure you should of taken out your BR or pistol and just assisted your teammate, but you panic shot. You’re still alive and now can use that second rocket to kill the third party.

I mean it wasn't a panic shot, that's the point. It was a calculated decision.

6 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

You guys don't always have to be so aggressive with each other, dudes lol! :D We can disagree without having to kill each other in the process.

Absolutely not. I want the entertainment, I want people asking for gamertags to check stats, I want the streamed 1v1 challenges, I want blood..

tenor.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 6

32 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

Absolutely not. I want the entertainment, I want people asking for gamertags to check stats, I want the streamed 1v1 challenges, I want blood..

tenor.gif

Same

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

14 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Same

Another+mass+shooting+witnessed_ea3323_7230338.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Afk is a bigger problem than FF currently. Not that FF is in the best place. I dont care really if its ricochet or whatever. If We’re talking best solutions and not what can we trust 343 with,  i would rather simply have a vote to kick with a system that bans people for toxic behavior. And not this temp ban bullshit mcc has. If u get a 1 hour ban on monday, you shouldnt get a 1 hour ban on tuesday. Or next monday. It should reset 30 days after your last ban. So if u get kicked for betraying twice on monday, banned for an hour. Again on tuesday? Banned for 2. Then keep increasing. Though we would also need a system to ban people for abusing the kick system. 

For richochet cons, It would be silly to ram your teammate at full speed in warthog, send him across the map with flag, and u just take the death. Or are we gunna make spartans immovable objects which is not as fun. Pushing flag guy with a banshee is fun. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

8 hours ago, -DeucEy- said:

That's literally the best part. I need the entertainment.

19 hours ago, JordanB said:

Lmao I don't care if I lose bec of trolls I just don't want to die from them lmao wow lmao. 

Hey incase you didn't realize you're playing "TEAM" CTF/Oddball/koth/etc. 

I don't get how this has anything to do with the point. Just because you're placed on a team together doesn't mean others should be able to drag you down by actually killing or harming you. Don't get why the concept of not wanting to be betrayed is laughable, either. Like it's some obscene idea. Even past the trolls that exist. Like, yeah, of course someone would most likely rather just lose outright than spend a game being griefed, lol. Having your personal performance be actively affected is one thing compared to doing well and losing in spite of it.

This doesn't even get into how "loose" the term "Team" is for these playlists when 99% of the population doesn't actually communicate or squad up.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

99% of the population doesn't actually communicate 

Don’t you play in party chat?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boyo said:

Zip past that for a sec. How does that change my point? Even if I did or didn't, I'm one of millions of players.

6 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Zip past that for a sec. How does that change my point? Even if I did or didn't, I'm one of millions of players.

I’m just wondering how you are coming up with “99% of players don’t communicate” when you have no idea if your teammates are attempting to talk to you or not.

5 minutes ago, Boyo said:

In her defense, she said "doesn't actually communicate or squad up". 

1 minute ago, Boyo said:

I’m just wondering how you are coming up with “99% of players don’t communicate” when you have no idea if your teammates are attempting to talk to you are not.

It's on the standpoint that competitive players are already in the minority, and those who fully squad up and party are even fewer. The 99% thing is more so a generalization (Obviously can't be 100% truly objective currently.) pointing to the minority/majority aspect of things.

Players supporting forward teammates by bouncing grenades near them but not at them is a skill that would be completely lost with ricochet.  The supporting teammate taking damage does not have the same effect on gameplay that the forward teammate taking damage does.

The team is an organism.  The organism getting shot in the chest (damaging the forward teammate) should not have the same effect as the organism getting shot in the arm (damaging the supporting teammate).

Player positions matter a great deal in Halo.  Disallowing support players from damaging forward teammates would change the game in a negative way.

• Like (+1) 2

Join game chat in ranked if you want or don’t. I could care less. However, if you are going to complain about some aspect of a team game being annoying because of the lack of communication and teamwork while refusing to communicate yourself I won’t take your complaint seriously at all. It’s a team game. It’s ranked. Either get on your mic and get sweaty the way it was meant to be played or keep your complaints to yourself because you’re part of the problem.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

1 minute ago, LI Mr X IL said:

Join game chat in ranked if you want or don’t. I could care less. However, if you are going to complain about some aspect of a team game being annoying because of the lack of communication and teamwork while refusing to communicate yourself I won’t take your complaint seriously at all. It’s a team game. It’s ranked. Either get on your mic and get sweaty the way it was meant to be played or keep your complaints to yourself because you’re part of the problem.

You whiffed my point and confused it with another. Re-read plxy plox.

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Players supporting forward teammates by bouncing grenades near them but not at them is a skill that would be completely lost with ricochet.  The supporting teammate taking damage does not have the same effect on gameplay that the forward teammate taking damage does.

The team is an organism.  The organism getting shot in the chest (damaging the forward teammate) should not have the same effect as the organism getting shot in the arm (damaging the supporting teammate).

Player positions matter a great deal in Halo.  Disallowing support players from damaging forward teammates would change the game in a negative way.

The team as an organism matters only in high level comp play with people 4 man calling out and coordinating. In my random-infested Halo, the team is about as much a cohesive organism as Frankenstein's monster would be.

As such, I feel the positives outweigh the negatives and you could just turn on FF in tournaments to "punish" dumb plays where it actually matters.

Players should be able to practice for tournaments in ranked so they should follow the same rule set.