Jump to content
CyReN

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Bro "betray for _" is such a widespread meme with halo. People always talk about it. Since way back in the day especially H3. You don't have to care. No one told you to. The point is that pretending one opinion is "right" and the other is just straight blasphemous garbage is hilarious. I'm advocating for my own experience obviously. 

I understand that those experiences happen and jokes get made about it, but Halo is not literally known for it. Nor does it give any supporting arguments to it being a widespread and rampant issue. 

Its hard to win people over to another side of an argument when you tell people you don't care about them, especially when they aren't experiencing the same thing as you. Its really abrasive and just makes it look like you are standing on a hill just to die by yourself. 

5 minutes ago, OG Nick said:

People betray for no reason in ranked. Ever met scaryotic?

Funny enough I matched with Phurion in TS (with CPT Anarchy I think) back in H3. Biggest dick I've ever played with. Constantly yelling at us for taking power weapons, telling us we were bad, and then as soon as he got a power weapon he was just trying to hit some crazy montage clip. If he didn't get power weapons he would just shoot us slowly with the AR to weaken us. Good times. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I’m not sure what else you want someone to say.  Ricochet sounds great for social, not for ranked because there are too many methods of cheesing.  Aside from a better betrayal booting system and a matchmaking system that tries to match betrayers with betrayers, what else can be done?

Ricochet lmao. You know what else can be cheesed? What we have now lol. And it literally is cheesed. Every day. Just ricochet bring other problems? Sure. But it also takes some away. Just so happens to add more than it takes away for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I understand that those experiences happen and jokes get made about it, but Halo is not literally known for it. Nor does it give any supporting arguments to it being a widespread and rampant issue. 

Its hard to win people over to another side of an argument when you tell people you don't care about them, especially when they aren't experiencing the same thing as you. Its really abrasive and just makes it look like you are standing on a hill just to die by yourself. 

Funny enough I matched with Phurion back in H3. Biggest dick I've ever played with. Constantly yelling at us for taking power weapons, telling us we were bad, and then as soon as he got a power weapon he was just trying to hit some crazy montage clip. If he didn't get power weapons he would just shoot us slowly with the AR to weaken us. Good times. 

It's not me being abrasive. It's me responding specifically to people arguing "hey look at this kid" type arguments. Or people calling me a liar lmao. It's already been said about 50 times that they don't care that I or anyone else is getting betrayed. It's not me just randomly saying it. It's in response to telling me to "play another list" and shit like that. I don't care what it "removes" from the game. Because I think the additions are better. That's no different than people saying no FF "doesn't work".

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It's not me being abrasive.

 

1 minute ago, My Namez BEAST said:

I don't care what it "removes" from the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Cool. Doesn't stop me from taking the deaths. Doesn't stop them from weakening me the entire game. Doesn't stop any of that from happening. But yea man I'm glad if they just so happen to mess up 2 to 3 times I can boot them. Thank God. 

So what if they walk in front of you whenever you're trying to shoot an enemy? 

What if they grab power items and then walk off the map? 

What if they walk over to the other team and feed them kills? 

FF has nothing to do with those situations, but they're caused by the same trolls that you singularly seem to have such a huge problem with. 

Maybe, if you thought about it a little bit, there could be a better solution that doesn't involve changing one of the most intuitive characteristics about the game. Maybe a vote-kick system. Maybe an adjustment to the quit penalty system. 

But no, it seems like you're pretty dead-set on this bad idea. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So what if they walk in front of you whenever you're trying to shoot an enemy? 

What if they grab power items and then walk off the map? 

What if they walk over to the other team and feed them kills? 

FF has nothing to do with those situations, but they're caused by the same trolls that you singularly seem to have such a huge problem with. 

Maybe, if you thought about it a little bit, there could be a better solution that doesn't involve changing one of the most intuitive characteristics about the game. Maybe a vote-kick system. Maybe an adjustment to the quit penalty system. 

But no, it seems like you're pretty dead-set on this bad idea. 

Cool. All those things aren't me getting actually weakened or killed by them. They aren't able to add to my deaths or damage me. Go nuts and throw the game that doesn't really matter to me. Again big difference between an AFK and a dude shooting me the whole game. But yea I'm not thinking at all. I'm just making this up on the fly and you're the master analytic God that thinks everything out. Please stop making these comments and just address the points please. 

 

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

 

 

That's how this works. I know what it takes away. I just don't think it's enough in an online game to warrant keeping it. Hence me "not caring". That's literally the EXACT same thing as you saying no FF doesn't work. Just worded differently. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Cool. All those things aren't me getting actually weakened or killed by them. They aren't able to add to my deaths or damage me. Go nuts and throw the game that doesn't really matter to me.

lmfao you're literally asking for FF to be removed because you're concerned about your K/D

  • Fire (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

It's not me being abrasive. It's me responding specifically to people arguing "hey look at this kid" type arguments. Or people calling me a liar lmao. It's already been said about 50 times that they don't care that I or anyone else is getting betrayed. It's not me just randomly saying it. It's in response to telling me to "play another list" and shit like that. I don't care what it "removes" from the game. Because I think the additions are better. That's no different than people saying no FF "doesn't work".

It kind of is because you are calling out everyone when you are responding to these arguments. Its the whole reason I even responded in the first place because I was just going ignore the ongoing discussion. 

The difference between your solution and everyone else is that we are all putting forth compromises like ricochet damage, fine tuning how the game registers people betraying, having a boot voting system in the match, because none of us want to disable FF. You remain steadfast in that disabling FF is the option, its not a fun conversation, nor interesting. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nokt said:

It kind of is because you are calling out everyone when you are responding to these arguments. Its the whole reason I even responded in the first place because I was just going ignore the ongoing discussion. 

The difference between your solution and everyone else is that we are all putting forth compromises like ricochet damage, fine tuning how the game registers people betraying, having a boot voting system in the match, because none of us want to disable FF. You remain steadfast in that disabling FF is the option, its not a fun conversation, nor interesting. 

Except i said I want ricochet lol. And the only reason I responded was because Lemon made some snarky side post. My reasoning has been mentioned multiple times by myself as well as kelly. Dont try and make it look like i just started going on a rampage look at the shit I have responded too.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

lmfao you're literally asking for FF to be removed because you're concerned about your K/D

lmfao yea I dont want my teammates to be able to kill me whenever they want lmfao im so stoopid lmfao

  • Salt (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Except i said I want ricochet lol. And the only reason I responded was because Lemon made some snarky side post. My reasoning has been mentioned multiple times by myself as well as kelly. Dont try and make it look like i just started going on a rampage look at the shit I have responded too.

The only thing I've seen you post since I joined this discussion is about adamantly disabling FF, unless I missed something. I'm assuming Kelly is Ice otherwise I have no idea who Kelly is. 

I'm not trying to portray this situation in any way. I'm aware that you are responding to others based on how they are treating you. My initial response is about how you don't care about our experiences and that Halo isn't acknowledged for betrayals and we've gone from there. I guess I just don't understand how you plan to win anyone over or why defending yourself against snarky comments is even worth your time. 

  • Thonking (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nokt said:

The only thing I've seen you post since I joined this discussion is about adamantly disabling FF, unless I missed something. I'm assuming Kelly is Ice otherwise I have no idea who Kelly is. 

I'm not trying to portray this situation in any way. I'm aware that you are responding to others based on how they are treating you. My initial response is about how you don't care about our experiences and that Halo isn't acknowledged for betrayals and we've gone from there. I guess I just don't understand how you plan to win anyone over or why defending yourself against snarky comments is even worth your time. 

I want ricochet. If that wasn't clear I apologize. Now onto that point. It's not that I don't get your experiences or what you want. I just think ricochet helps more overall in terms of people being able to tank your performance. I know what it removes. I understand it. I just don't think it's more important in an online game than just simply not being able to get nuked by your team. As far as disregarding experince that's essentially what everyone is doing here lol. The first point brought up to me was that it doesn't happen a lot. Then I was called a liar. Then I was told to just play a different mode. If that's not disregarding I don't know what is. 

Essentially I know what it adds and removes. I get it. And I just think it adds more than it takes away. For me. I get everyone's experince isny the same. But I'm not gonna say "yea I'll take getting teammates that constantly shit on me so you guys can keep playing the exact same way you already do". Cuz my experince is still being tanked. 

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

To be clear, I really don't give a shit what happens to H5 because it's a dead game that I will never play. 

So if you want to take FF out of H5, be my guest. If you want to take power items out of it completely, have a field day. 

Share this post


Link to post

I am no longer behind this debate.

  • Simms (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Nokt said:

The only thing I've seen you post since I joined this discussion is about adamantly disabling FF, unless I missed something. I'm assuming Kelly is Ice otherwise I have no idea who Kelly is. 

Nah, my parents named me Ice.

46 minutes ago, Nokt said:

The difference between your solution and everyone else is that we are all putting forth compromises like ricochet damage, fine tuning how the game registers people betraying, having a boot voting system in the match, because none of us want to disable FF. You remain steadfast in that disabling FF is the option, its not a fun conversation, nor interesting. 

But again, this all circles back to the point that it feels like we're trying to cushion people dishing out friendly damage over those being affected by it. Which I still don't get on a fundamental level, and is why ricochet's topping off the list. Because it actually punishes the reckless player over screwing over someone who could be making a good play. I don't get the "solutions" to have a boot system, or a fine tuning of betrayal registering. Both don't actually fix the problem, they just bandaid it, but keep the same baseline mechanic that enables a teammate to harm another teammate, either unintentionally, recklessly, or intentionally. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

If ricochet was a thing in CE I would have assassinated myself off spawn way more times than I care to admit.

  • Simms (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Nah, my parents named me Ice.

But again, this all circles back to the point that it feels like we're trying to cushion people dishing out friendly damage over those being affected by it. Which I still don't get on a fundamental level, and is why ricochet's topping off the list. Because it actually punishes the reckless player over screwing over someone who could be making a good play. I don't get the "solutions" to have a boot system, or a fine tuning of betrayal registering. Both don't actually fix the problem, they just bandaid it, but keep the same baseline mechanic that enables a teammate to harm another teammate, either unintentionally, recklessly, or intentionally. 

I don't think most of the people here see it as a problem though. There isn't anything to bandaid fix if you don't see it as a problem. Griefing will exist with or without FF. The boot system, fine tuning the betrayal system, or punishing the player be removing them from a season of ranking or ranked play is merely to punish said players. Removing FF doesn't punish them at all, it just forces them to use another form of griefing.

It does remove mechanics of the game that can be skillful (placing a nice nade, shot, etc) and again add variety, but leaving betrayals does take away control of a situation from a player. What lemon said wasn't wrong, this is power weapon argument 2.0 and it really comes down preference again. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I can just imagine having a teammate in CQC with two other opponents. I've got rockets. I blow them all up (which likely doesn't register as a betrayal normally). 

I die from ricochet. 

My teammate dies when he gets cleaned up by a third. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Yea didn't happen 3/10 games yesterday.

Common denominator found.

51 minutes ago, TheIcePrincess said:

Nah, my parents named me Ice.

That's pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, LI Mr X IL said:

If ricochet was a thing in CE I would have assassinated myself off spawn way more times than I care to admit.

Relatable.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, My Namez BEAST said:

Please elaborate 

I 100% agree there is a problem with friendly fire in Halo.

However, after like 800 hours of Master Chief Collection and probably more than that in Reach and Halo 3, I am yet to experience it even remotely close to what you do. Like maybe 1/100 games yet you're saying it's 30% of games for you.

Other people in the thread have said similar. The common denominator for your games, therefore, is you.

Then again, not many people here play Halo 5 so maybe the game encourages that gameplay by how bad it is.

  • Fire (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I've thought about this more and I've decided ricochet is probably not the best idea. Not that I have a strong opinion anyway. I barely even play these days.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I am no longer behind this debate.

I can make you feel better ;)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I can just imagine having a teammate in CQC with two other opponents. I've got rockets. I blow them all up (which likely doesn't register as a betrayal normally). 

I die from ricochet. 

My teammate dies when he gets cleaned up by a third. 

It’s scenarios like this are why FF should be on. Sure you should of taken out your BR or pistol and just assisted your teammate, but you panic shot. You’re still alive and now can use that second rocket to kill the third party.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.